New David Lee Roth Greatest Hits coming in Nov!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Or better yet, they should just do one of the "cheapo" remastered box sets that WEA Music has been fond of doing lately with back catalogs. (ZZ Top, Eagles, etc.)

Remaster all 4 of the original DLR albums on WB, and then include a bonus disc with the CFTH ep, all the b-sides, remixes, etc. and throw in "Don't Piss Me Off" and whatever the other song was from the 1997 compilation. Put a $20 price tag on it, and watch the thing fly off the goddamn shelves.

And if they can get the rights to DLR Band and Diamond Dave (Dave probably owns the masters, so it shouldn't be difficult) add them and make it a $30 box. No problem.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Come to think of it, add "Sonrisa Salvaje" to the box set too. The increase in the Spanish-speaking demographic alone since 1986 should be enough to put this thing into platinum numbers.

I know we have record company trolls monitoring this site, so seriously... pass this on to the suits.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I wouldn't buy it. There, I said it.

Oh dear.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Ah, I'm thinking the Dave TV video is the '86 VHS compilation that has some little vignettes in between the songs. And, surprisingly, it wasn't really well made. Which is strange since Dave was in charge. I won't be buying it. I've got a stack of boots here that would choke a donkey and I don't need to add another copy of what I already have.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Heater
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by FORD
            Come to think of it, add "Sonrisa Salvaje" to the box set too. The increase in the Spanish-speaking demographic alone since 1986 should be enough to put this thing into platinum numbers.

I know we have record company trolls monitoring this site, so seriously... pass this on to the suits.
            Considering you saw "no reason" ADKOT wouldn't sell 3 million or so.....sounds like you STILL have your finger on the pulse of the record industry. Why in Dave's name wouldn't the spying trolls pass this can't miss tactic up to the suits? Only one million units moved this time around, over what period of time? You know, so the execs can plan their vacations and such.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Pay attention, Bleater......

5. Humane slaughter
              The most efficient and widely available method of humanely destroying sheep is a gunshot to the brain from a close range.

The use of firearms is subject to the provisions of the Firearms Act 1996.
              Note:

* A .22 calibre rifle or pistol is adequate for humane destruction of sheep. High velocity hollow point ammunition should be used. Use two magazines per firearm to minimize reloading time.
              * To provide maximum impact and the least possibility of misdirection, sheep should be shot at point blank range. The person using the firearm should move quietly through the pen with the sheep. Under no circumstances should the sheep be shot "over the fence".
              * Never fire while the animal is moving its head; wait for a quiet interval before firing.

Under normal circumstances, the recommended method of humane killing of livestock is a brain shot, followed by bleeding out. The bleeding out of large numbers of sheep at the side of a burial pit is not possible, for logistical and safety reasons.

DPIWE experience is that even the most careful operator using a single shot will wound, rather than kill outright, a small percentage of sheep. Wounded animals cannot be assumed to be unconscious.

It is vital to ensure that all sheep are dead before placing them in the pit. There should be no heartbeat, breathing or eye movement. A small percentage of sheep may require a second shot, or bleeding out.

The recommended position and direction for the use of a firearm is illustrated below.

Recommended position and direction of fire for the firearm - hornless sheep and rams.

Using a firearm: Shoot at point (a) just behind the poll in the direction of the animal’s muzzle.

Recommended position and direction of fire for firearm - horned sheep and rams.

Using a firearm: Shoot at a point in the middle of the face just above the level of the eyes whilst aiming along the neck.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

That's not very nice. And I think it probably violates about 37 interwebz harassment laws.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Heater
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Nov 2010

Wow, you know exactly how foreign objects should enter a sheep's body to be most effective or reach the desired result. It's a bit obvious you left out some pointers about ensuring your penetration is maximal and therefore provides you the intensity you undoubtedly strive for with each and every and all encounters. It's no one's business if this type of activity gives you what you cannot find else where, if you could only explain, one time, then they'd understand just what your fondness drives you to.

Reading between the lines seemed to scream "if i can't have my sheep, nobody can". That's all I was able to glean from it. UNLESS, it was a thinly veiled threat about what you want to do not to the furry animals you speak of so often, but to humans, you know, the people who you also call sheep because they don't share your attraction and Love of Dave. My God that's what it is!!! You are threatening people! You have used the words "pistol" "rifle" "firearms" "pointblank" "a second shot" and "bleeding out". If this place has driven you to these thoughts, go away. But you sound like a man on the edge who is making threats. If you did something like that after writing how you,would do it that would be even more heinous. You post is frightening, especially in this day and age. You directed it at me it seems. I have only one choice....this needs to be reported. And it will be.

Comment

• phegedus
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2007

Yea, I was really hoping that Dave was going to release something new.

Comment

• katina
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by FORD

My first language is spanish, and I wouldn´t buy it. But we are several millions.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                        I wouldn't buy it. There, I said it.
                        I won't even bother to download it.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          I won't even bother to download it.
                          Same here. Love Dave, but I already have all those songs. Pretty much the only thing I'm interested in as far as DLR goes is his John5 project and new Van Halen. The casual rock fan out there is only interested in half of that (if there's any interest in VH at all anymore).
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'd like to have crisp versions of the No Holds BBQ stuff on CD. My downloaded version of Flex sounds like a boom box submerged under water on full blast.

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              I'd like to have crisp versions of the No Holds BBQ stuff on CD. My downloaded version of Flex sounds like a boom box submerged under water on full blast.
                              I think the BBQ stuff works well as split second scenes intercut between Dave's yakking on the Roth Show. Watching it all at once in its entirety could prove to be a surreal case of Too Much Information for the everyday hair metal Best Buy consumer. Dave comes across as a coked out ninja fruit loop on pirate acid - which makes sense to us; but including it in an official release would do more harm than good.
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Was talkin' music only m'man. It's great stuff. The coke induced visual spectacle need not see official release IMO.

Comment

Working...