Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Save the showbiz for the lawyers. The jury will learn more about those track racers than they ever cared to.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Now, who wants to own a NASCAR team? I hear there's one coming up for sale, cheap as hell. Four cars, all the goodies.
      NASCAR is a dying. It has been for years. What I find so strange is all the criticism it receives from being environmentally toxic to a white trash misogynist redneck "sport" to elements of racism:

"It probably shouldn't have. Stock car racing sprang from a fine Southern tradition, but pretty much from an exclusively white demographic. And while NASCAR's audience among minority groups is growing each year, you're still going to see mostly white faces at Daytona and other tracks, and some of the faces will belong to racists."

`Mike Synder

Synder has a point. The "fans" of this shit tend to be antagonistic towards women and minorities. Therefore, Stewart's behavior does not surprise me. They all thrive on it. The man has a hard core reputation for throwing temper tantrums, over complaining when races don't go his way and generally looking like an overall douche.

Tony Stewart just out for another Sunday drive

Even if this incident ever does end up in civil court in no way will it resolve anything with how NASCAR and racing in general presents itself to the fans who, for whatever reason continue to watch this crap. Did Stewart intentionally swerve to hit this young redneck driver who no doubt looks like another Stewart in the making? Who can really say? Again, I find it so weird that a (ahem) a "sport" that requires nothing from the "athlete" except to point the steering wheel left all day (and I should know something about steering wheels) has become so violent. When did NASCAR go Jerry Springer? Maybe it's the ridiculous amount of money involved where corporate sponsorship is easily pulled when the driver fails to maintain any sort of a winning average. Could also be the white male aggression combined with bullshit male egotism.

By the time NASCAR has run its last race for the year Stewart's dilemma will be nothing more than a footnote - particularly seeing this wasn't directly a NASCAR incident. He'll be back in a corporate sponsored car trying to redeem himself by doing ironic road rage safety public service announcements while beating the shit out of other drivers who just happen to piss him off. The guy definitely has a lot of issues:

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Having seen this from another angle it's kinda hard to deny that it seems like Tony did in fact try to whip out the rear a little to scare that idiot and things went a little too far. I suppose the argument can be made that it's a dirt track, it was dark and the idiot standing in the track was wearing all black as well.. this should be interesting to see how it plays out.
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

I don't think so...

There are much more pressing issues at hand...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think he's going to be charged, but will beat it because it's tough to prove he saw the kid beyond the reasonable doubt thing. He's going to get buried in a civil suit though...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Oh bull...

The kid was in the wrong...

He asked for it...

Run out in the highway this afternoon and see what happens...

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                I think he's going to be charged, but will beat it because it's tough to prove he saw the kid beyond the reasonable doubt thing. He's going to get buried in a civil suit though...
                According to one of the other drivers, they all saw the guy.

“I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Oh bull...

The kid was in the wrong...

He asked for it...

Run out in the highway this afternoon and see what happens...
                  So if you run out in the road, and I purposely swerve at you and kill you, I am free of all responsibility? Perfect. Give me the keys to that Charger, I don't want to dent my car with your carcass.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Nope...

Mine...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      So if you run out in the road, and I purposely swerve at you and kill you, I am free of all responsibility? Perfect. Give me the keys to that Charger, I don't want to dent my car with your carcass.
                      You mean we can run over people who happen to be in the streets now and don't have to worry about being arrested? Cause if that's true, I'm gonna go buy me a Hummer!
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

If you had absolutely no intentions of hitting or scaring this kid, dont you think you would be on tv somewhere saying just that?
                        I would..I had no idea he was there..never saw him...TS cant say that...he knows he saw him and he fucked up big time.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          According to one of the other drivers, they all saw the guy.

“I seen Kevin clear as day. Nobody else ran into him, either.”
                          Kevin was right behind the guy - blocked from view - who just missed him a few seconds earlier...perhaps at the moment the driver in front of him made the evasive maneuver, Tony was looking toward the next turn and wondering when the caution would end and who he was going to pass.

Only a re-creation at night or camera from his dash (i hear there is one) will provide any clarity.

If being aggressive in car racing is a crime or pushing it under caution, then I am afraid there isn't much of a sport left.

Sure it looks like he was going too fast under caution. Again, pretty commonplace. Teh lighting was horrible, and not every driver had someone blocking his view with those massive wings...

I think whoever suggested they suspend guys coming into the track hurling helmets has it right. Could there be anything more dangerous in all of sport?

The only thing more dangerous is the visiting team at Mayan Chichen Itza playing that winner takes all (literally) ball game.
                          Last edited by Romeo Delight; 08-11-2014, 07:15 PM.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            If you had absolutely no intentions of hitting or scaring this kid, dont you think you would be on tv somewhere saying just that?
                            I would..I had no idea he was there..never saw him...TS cant say that...he knows he saw him and he fucked up big time.
                            I dunno...you would be in shock i think. Just dumfounded thinking of what you could have done differently instead of saving your own hide. No one wants to hear excuses at that point especially from the guy who ended up hurting the guy in traffic
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I sure hope to shit he DID try to hit him ON PURPOSE! Otherwise this topic is worthless!
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I don't know shit about NASCAR thank fuck but the more I look at this guy the bigger of a douche he becomes.

A fucking millionaire who made fortune by driving left all day. And the dude still doesn't know to shower and/or shave.

Comment

Working...