Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grit
    Roadie
    • Oct 2011

Sounds pretty legit???? Hope so!

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Normally the words 'Van Halen' and 'planning' don't inspire me with much confidence, but this time I have hope....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
        Normally the words 'Van Halen' and 'planning' don't inspire me with much confidence, but this time I have hope....
        I don't. lol

Comment

• sickman
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Aug 2005

Jim Koplik said again today that although nothing is definite with Van Halen, they are looking to plan a summer time tour. Just thought I would pass it on.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Jim Cop Lick ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Per Dave's Dreidel at the Links....

In my roughly fifteen years on this site, this is my first time doing this, so I hope that shows how good I think this source is. I have a client that is the head of security for several of the large venues in the Washington DC area, and I received an e-mail from him today on a financial matter, but he ended his e-mail with the following: "Heard some news about your boys last night. We get advanced schedules (not yet binding) of our concerts, and Van Halen is listed for August, so keep

Welp, that's three separate locations for the East Coast in the summer of 2015....

The XFinity Theater in Hartford, per Jimmy Koplik's interview on the New Haven radio station....

MH5150's buddy working at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore.....

And now this in the DC area....

You know what they say, where there's Van Halen smoke.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• mh5150
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2010

From the Links also...

fyi, I reached out to find out if there is any info on date/place/content for the EVH Smithsonian thing and here is the response I got...

Thank you for your inquiry--we'll be announcing the program early next year, to take place in Washington in mid-February.

At least EVH will be in DC...

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm hoping they do like last time and surprise us the day after christmas...
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                    I'm hoping they do like last time and surprise us the day after christmas...
                    I've put the feelers out, but I doubt I'll get any response, other than maybe a Merry Christmas....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      I've put the feelers out, but I doubt I'll get any response, other than maybe a Merry Christmas....
                      Dream on. Only VH would keep a tour a secret. But hey what the hell, why let the fans know ? Release the vaults and call it a day. The drive of the band seems lost/gone. And that was Dave in the old days.
                      Last edited by 78/84 guy; 12-18-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                        Dream on. Only VH would keep a tour a secret. .
                        They might if it's with Mike
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Mike would make no difference at this point except with the diehards. That won't fill a hockey stadium in the big cities. maybe a club that fits 500 people. But hey I'll take it. Better than nothing.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You know what the worst thing about touring with Mike would be? Fucking Hagar talking about it. "Oh yeah, I knew and had to keep a secret. I think it was the right thing to do" and all that shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he took credit for it.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                              Groupie
                              • May 2013

That would give me some time to save up for it ...... oh baby
                              I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Y'know, even though the boys never made it to Europe the last time (or the time before), I can't get excited about this. They should stick to putting out new music - if they have the balls to make any. From what I seen of the last tour on youtube (okay, admittedly not the same as being there, I know), the show was stale and boring. Visually boring - I dunno why they don't hire someone in to give them help on visual presentation. If it really is the band spending "18 months" on it, you gotta wonder what they are doing.

Musically, it was boring, too. This is a band that takes zero risks onstage - they stick to the radio hits, tried and tested.

Just put out a new fucking record, or open the archives, FFS.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...