Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dan
    My Pants Are Off Until We Hear Any New,News.
    any excuse
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

In the meantime, let's break out the good ole' Roth Army rumour whore!

RothArmyRumourWhore.jpg
      Last edited by BITEYOASS; 02-01-2015, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

Well, fuck. Here I am. Again.

These fuckers better get moving on whatever it is. Unless it's a whole lot of the same "nothing". In that case, they need to knock that shit off.

Fuckers.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Meh.

Even if Anthony rejoins the fold, Van Halen aren't gonna return to their glory days.

With the 2008 and 2012 shows I saw, it's clear that the band just aren't going to match the level of excellence and energy they did 3 + decades ago. Not live, and not on record.

I'd honestly rather have any impending/rumored 'major announcement' for 2015 be that of an official live CVH-era dvd release. I've seen two greatest hits tours in a row now. Is Michael Anthony showing up going to make Roth and the Van Halens play any better or the group sound any better? Nah, not really.

Van Halen just waited a bit too long to get their shit together and bring Roth back into the fold. Now, they're just too told to bring what is needed to really serve the CVH material well live on a reliable basis. It reaches a point where it gets silly to watch a bunch of 60-year olds competing (and failing) with 20-year old versions of themselves.

I love CVH. Anyone who knows me here knows I don't need to justify my bona fides as a CVH fan. But anxiously hoping for a full-on reunion and wondering about Van Halen's viability re: their future...all of that is over for me. Time waits for no one.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dan
            My Pants Are Off Until We Hear Any New,News.
            Danno, your pants are off even during a BBQ. If ya really want to make a statement, take off that goofy bandana.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Terry
              Meh...I'd honestly rather have any impending/rumored 'major announcement' for 2015 be that of an official live CVH-era dvd release. I've seen two greatest hits tours in a row now. Is Michael Anthony showing up going to make Roth and the Van Halens play any better or the group sound any better? Nah, not really.

Van Halen just waited a bit too long to get their shit together and bring Roth back into the fold. Now, they're just too told to bring what is needed to really serve the CVH material well live on a reliable basis. It reaches a point where it gets silly to watch a bunch of 60-year olds competing (and failing) with 20-year old versions of themselves.

I love CVH. Anyone who knows me here knows I don't need to justify my bona fides as a CVH fan. But anxiously hoping for a full-on reunion and wondering about Van Halen's viability re: their future...all of that is over for me. Time waits for no one.
              Point and goal.

Folks, let us not fool ourselves...sure, seeing heroes resurrected is a fine thing, as it reflects upon our own youth and memories. Yet when ya take a fucking minute to think about it, we are turning into our parents watching the god-damned Laurence Welk Show.

Who needs that?

Look, I still blast music, rock and roll all day and party every night. I'm in my 50's, which makes me older than most of Ed Van Halen's guitars. Because of a construction site accident, I can barely bend over to pluck the fucking newspaper off the lawn each morning. The point is, I believe in the spirit of rock and roll. I live and adhere to it. I simply doubt these so-called elder statesmen who choose to deliver it, with profit benefitting their collective retirement funds.

A luddite, you say? Perhaps. Yet as of today, I'd prefer an oddly recorded bootleg from...say the Rolling Stones from the early/mid 1970s against anything they have put out in the past 19 years. Van Halen's ADKOT was a spectacular return to form, yet I believe the effort should have ended there.

I guess what pisses me off the most is here that we have a "band" whose audience has so much faith in them, yet in return, has so little regard for that same audience.

And no, I won't be attending any more shows. You can only hear "Running With The Devil" so many times in your life. Play that fucking Fair Warning album in it's entirety, ya might get my interest.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Terry
                Meh.

Even if Anthony rejoins the fold, Van Halen aren't gonna return to their glory days.

With the 2008 and 2012 shows I saw, it's clear that the band just aren't going to match the level of excellence and energy they did 3 + decades ago. Not live, and not on record.

I'd honestly rather have any impending/rumored 'major announcement' for 2015 be that of an official live CVH-era dvd release. I've seen two greatest hits tours in a row now. Is Michael Anthony showing up going to make Roth and the Van Halens play any better or the group sound any better? Nah, not really.

And here you have it ladies and gentlemen drive safely and thanks for coming.....So true.

Comment

• bantonelli
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Hey Va Beach VH Fan - is DDLR Enterprises still in biz?
                  BTW... .Happy New Year to you!
                  "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bantonelli
                    Hey Va Beach VH Fan - is DDLR Enterprises still in biz?
                    BTW... .Happy New Year to you!

Hey young lady, same to you....

I know that DLR's minions have done things for him recently, like his videos every now and then...

And Shelly does Tweet every now and then, but she hasn't answered my VH/DLR questions lately, not that I blame her...
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Exactly what I was referencing to - Shelly. Perhaps she spoke to DLR about doing away with the faux hair and going au de Natural.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Dave now looks like Charlie Runkle's brother - Anyone familiar with the series "Californication".

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bantonelli
                          Exactly what I was referencing to - Shelly. Perhaps she spoke to DLR about doing away with the faux hair and going au de Natural.
                          She answered an email from one of the guys at the Links and this is what she said:

I'm really not at liberty to say what has happened with the DDE media, I'm sorry to say, but I'm sure you understand.
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good thing I saved them all.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              It's none more black.

VHND ripped me off!

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

No he does not look like Charlie Runkle ....nice try though...
                                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Working...