Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
    Mike would make no difference at this point except with the diehards. That won't fill a hockey stadium in the big cities. maybe a club that fits 500 people. But hey I'll take it. Better than nothing.
    Huh? VH with Mike would easily do 2 relatively packed nights at MSG. A place used for hockey.

Comment

• VetteLS5
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

Well, in terms of the DC market you've got 3 options:

Jiffy Lube Live - 10,000 reserved, 15,000 lawn
      Verizon - 18,000
      Patriot Center - 10,000

The two shitholes in MD are 14,000 - 16,000, with MPP shed being largest. Not sure the ratio on reserved/lawn there.

If there's no new material or significant product release, then I'm thinking the shed in VA (JLL) and either dump in MD. Less demoralizing for the band in a shed when they can't see empty space past reserved seating.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        Huh? VH with Mike would easily do 2 relatively packed nights at MSG. A place used for hockey.

I think he was referring to areas that don't have a metropolitan population of 10 million people....

But let's be honest, there were relatively few dates on the last tour that sold out quickly. In fact, the vast majority of dates seats were available right up until showtime.... Still a near sellout if so, but not like back in the day where they sold out in a day or two.....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing it to the Hagarita tour of 2004, where they were literally TARPING OFF ENTIRE ARENA UPPER DECKS.....

But I agree, Mike's inclusion, and regardless of all of the speculation there isn't a shred of evidence or inference that he's anywhere near coming back, would only result in a tad bit of additional interest....

Sure, diehard idiots like us would be all over it, but for the mass concert-going public? Sure, OK, a chance to see (probably for the final time) the original Van Halen lineup again would be cool, but would it really be that drastic a difference? Probably not....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VetteLS5
          Commando
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing it to the Hagarita tour of 2004, where they were literally TARPING OFF ENTIRE ARENA UPPER DECKS.....
          This is precisely why I think they will be doing sheds. It's less obvious to the concert goer and band.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
            Musically, it was boring, too. This is a band that takes zero risks onstage - they stick to the radio hits, tried and tested.
            What possible risks could they take..?

There's barely a half dozen Classic VH Dave songs they could perform that they haven't or anyone would want to hear...

What's left? More ADKOT... Covers... A Bass Solo™... The hits from VH III...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I have a solution for Eddie: bring in a Spanish Andalusian horse to the 5150 studio and place a mic to its lips. Maybe Wolfie can be "the whisperer." No one will be able to distinguish the horse mutterings from Roth's singing. PRESTO! New VH album.

Future rock star

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                Well what I meant is he wouldn't bring in any more fans than usual at this point. I'm sure that it would get a few more tix sold but it's not going too have average VH fans running to the box office.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by VHscraps
                  Y'know, even though the boys never made it to Europe the last time (or the time before), I can't get excited about this. They should stick to putting out new music - if they have the balls to make any. From what I seen of the last tour on youtube (okay, admittedly not the same as being there, I know), the show was stale and boring. Visually boring - I dunno why they don't hire someone in to give them help on visual presentation. If it really is the band spending "18 months" on it, you gotta wonder what they are doing.

Musically, it was boring, too. This is a band that takes zero risks onstage - they stick to the radio hits, tried and tested.

Just put out a new fucking record, or open the archives, FFS.
                  Hmmm....I hear you but really what could they do ? Both the stages sucked for those tours. 07 looked like they borrowed it from Britney Spears & 2012 was a boring black stage. VH was always a cool visual band so I found that boring. They only have 7 albums of material. 6 of them only run 30 minutes apiece. They have mixed up the set list a little on both tours. I guess the could do a cool version of Big Bad Bill or something ? Lol.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                    I have a solution for Eddie: bring in a Spanish Andalusian horse to the 5150 studio and place a mic to its lips. Maybe Wolfie can be "the whisperer." No one will be able to distinguish the horse mutterings from Roth's singing. PRESTO! New VH album.
                    And I'm supposed to be the asshole around here ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I would say go suck a dick, but that's a given, you future homo social worker...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        And I'm supposed to be the asshole around here ??
                        Yep. And she's the bitch. lol

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

You really think that fag is a she ??

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Good point.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              You really think that fag is a she ??
                              It's an easier mental image to visualize when interacting with your monitor...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Well, take a puff of e-cig poison and knock yourself out...

Comment

Working...