Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    Maybe that kid was always F A T
    What did they feed that kid? Pork rinds and Oreoes dipped in Crisco?

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bloomington
      You are right his daddy did give him Van Halen and he is here as long as he wants to be. You know what they say blood is thicker than common sense or any desire to please the fans
      Can't disagree with that.

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Heater
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2010

I wonder if Dave's new schtick is gonna be hurting himself everytime his does his baton twirling routine? He sounded better than he has in a loooooong time, but how could he not? It is still painful watching him though, it is possible to chew gum without making sure everyone knows you're chewing gum. Why does he do that goofy toes pointed out walk? The kicks are weak looking, and was the dance with the girl staged? Looked like she was already on the inside of the barrier, Springsteen did this in "Dancing in the Dark" but it sure helped Courtney Cox with her career. The crowd didnt seem to be as enthused as they should have been, strange.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          What did they feed that kid? Pork rinds and Oreoes dipped in Crisco?
          Ugh, that reminds me of the Fair, all that damn deep fried crap. I get nauseous just walking through the vending area. The only thing I've ever eaten that was "dipped" at the fair was a piece of cheesecake that was dipped in chocolate. But since the cheesecake was frozen it didn't really taste like much. Plus there's just so many unattractive people walking around, sucking on gigantic Jurassic Turkey Legs that it just wrecks your appetite.

Comment

• Bloomington
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Can't disagree with that.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You mean the 60 year old man's kicks weren't up to snuff, Heater? C'mon man. You were partially on point with that post, but that's just absurd.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Ugh, that reminds me of the Fair, all that damn deep fried crap. I get nauseous just walking through the vending area. The only thing I've ever eaten that was "dipped" at the fair was a piece of cheesecake that was dipped in chocolate. But since the cheesecake was frozen it didn't really taste like much. Plus there's just so many unattractive people walking around, sucking on gigantic Jurassic Turkey Legs that it just wrecks your appetite.
                i ate an entire funnel cake on the way outta the nugent show in about 150 yards
                Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 03-31-2015, 02:08 PM. Reason: boobs
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  You mean the 60 year old man's kicks weren't up to snuff, Heater? C'mon man. You were partially on point with that post, but that's just absurd.
                  Dave needs bionic legs!! Or maybe a stunt double! I can see it now...the lights go dim, Dave sneaks off stage and the strobes kick in. Dave's stunt double comes out, jumps 37 feet into the air off the drum riser then does a full on Karate Kid/Cheerleader routine and ends it with a flawless tumbling run across the stage! Then Dave comes out, bows and they launch into Unchained!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
                    For all those continuing to bash Dave & the band did you hear the walking zombies The Stones are going back on tour??
                    What's your criticism of them?
                    I don't have any criticism. I am more hyped about seeing the Stones again, than I am about VH.

The Stones are also touring behind old material, the re-issue of Sticky Fingers. However, there are deluxe and super deluxe versions, with unreleased tracks, a DVD, and a book. And the Stones at least mix up the setlist, while we can be pretty sure of what VH will play.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Van Halens sounded good, per usual. Dave rated an ok for me vocal wise. As for Wolfgang's weight, who gives a fuck? I couldn't care less about that. My hope is that the upcoming shows are strong (which includes an updated setlist) and they use that momentum to get their asses back in the studio and get a new album out before Wolfgang celebrates his 30th birthday. A guy can dream, can't he?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                        My hope is that the upcoming shows are strong (which includes an updated setlist) and they use that momentum to get their asses back in the studio and get a new album out before Wolfgang celebrates his 30th birthday. A guy can dream, can't he?
                        And in the end, on dreams we will depend. Cause that's what love is made of, my friend. That is what love is made of.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2012

And in the end, on dreams we will depend. Cause that's what love is made of, my friend. That is what love is made of.
                          That song is terrible, but Ed's solo on said song is one of his best, imo. For whatever reason, the solo on Blood and Fire reminds me a lot of that solo.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Comment

• Bloomington
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Oct 2009

I thought they all did a fine job last night. Compare this to 10 or 12 years ago when Dave was wearing bedazzled jumpsuits jizzing Jack Daniels all over the front row and Eddie with no shirt , no teeth and a kabuki top knot hairdo. I'll take this anytime.
                              Last edited by Bloomington; 03-31-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Man your showing your true colours today
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...