Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    If you are happy, Carloscda, then good, I'm happy for you. But to use your logic, if you don't like "all the bitching & whining", don't read.
    Nice.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I can only make one "thanks" show up under your post DB, so here's another. Ya nailed it.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

i reserve the right to moan about the moaning , if said moaners are moaning about me moaning about their moaning well thats just them moaning.
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• BiG_Troubles
          Full On Cocktard
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
          They did have to shorten their last tour due to Ed's medical issues. Likely playing many of the areas they missed last time out...I do see some correlation there.

Guys...they are older but are still killing it compared to their peers in "Rock" That says a lot of things, one of them how good they were.

Of course new material would be great. But then again, maybe if their 'best" fans wouldn't bitch and moan about the last album being rehashes of old demos perhaps the band might be more enthused about providing more. ADKOT was great, but we still found reasons to complain.

People complain here endlessly about the lack of press and promotion...well here they are with multiple appearances on TV...you can question Ellen, but Kimmel is a great idea. They are doing something pretty significant but still the criticism.

Dave shaved his head...how dare he...lol. Just listen to yourselves. Its pathetic
          i happen to be bald and actually think Dave looks great now. The last time I seen dave was with the Foo Fighters, and I actually thought it was pretty damn good. Im not a hater at all. ADKOT was weak. sorry, but it was. It was a good album, but not by VH standards really. The promotion they are doing is a good idea, just not Ellen. The live stint on Kimmel smells of disaster, but I will def be watching. Just the simple fact that we fans have waited 30 yrs, to have a less than stellar album, a weak tour that was cut short once, then twice, now a greatest hits tour to support a live album? C'mon man, nobody is criticizing for the fuck of it. these are real issues.

Id rather see Dave solo and Ed just do whatever he's doing with his kid. Sometimes leaving the past in the past works just fine.

and yeah, they are pretty good next to their peers, but really what is THAT saying? Are they good next to Sabbath on tour? How about the last Rolling Stones tour? Are they just as tight as U2 was on their last tour? Hell, even Rush was kick ass on their last tour. Maybe VH set the bar pretty fkn high and fans got a taste of what they could do; we've come to expect the best. Sorry but this isn't the best. Its not really even all that good. Ive worn out ADKOT- but the six pack, I could play for another 30 yrs.

Comment

• BiG_Troubles
            Full On Cocktard
            • Sep 2014

God I hope they at least changed up the fuckn set list. Begins with Unchained, ends with ATBL and the encore is Jump. Any bets?

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BiG_Troubles
              Are they just as tight as U2 was on their last tour?
              I fell asleep at the last U2 show here.

WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BiG_Troubles
                God I hope they at least changed up the fuckn set list. Begins with Unchained, ends with ATBL and the encore is Jump. Any bets?

I think you're probably going to be right with those, unfortunately in the case of Jump....

But I also think that Wolf has done a good job of digging up the Original Six™ songs that hadn't been heard in over 30 years...

So I believe we'll see the setlist mixed up a little bit more....

Sure you're gonna hear the staples....

But I think they'll probably try to substitute a couple different songs from ADKOT, and 2 or 3 different oldies....

I really think we're gonna hear LUTS this time around, and hopefully DOA and DDL....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Hopefully not Tattoo.
                  WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    i reserve the right to moan about the moaning , if said moaners are moaning about me moaning about their moaning well thats just them moaning.
                    Didn't realize you were a Blues fan... So you can hear the willows weep and moan..?
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Carloscda
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      if you don't like "all the bitching & whining", don't read.
                      See that's just it... it's had to miss all ya'll bitching & whining because that's all ya'll do and have done since 2012. And it's the same ole ish different day!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Carloscda
                        See that's just it... it's had to miss all ya'll bitching & whining because that's all ya'll do and have done since 2012. And it's the same ole ish different day!
                        Most of us want some new material, not an unreasonable request considering Eddie is supposedly sitting on a crap load of it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Edwad has nothing...

If he did, we'd have it...

The well is dry...

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2009

I said supposedly. I don't buy the story either or we wouldn't be getting this horseshit release.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

I hear ya...

It's just that so many people still believe Edwad's crap...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

No WAY will I purchase this live atrocity...

I'd be embarrassed to share it with anyone...

And I've been sharing Van Halen with people since I was THIRTEEN YEARS OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...