With these Firsts TV apearences got me to thinking...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

With these Firsts TV apearences got me to thinking...

Was listening to an 1984 boot from the Cow Palace. During ATBL they do Happy Trails. Then I started day dreaming, What If?!

What if VH was invited to perform at halftime during the Super Bowl as part of their farewell tour??
    Firing on all cylinders they break into ATBL then Happy Trails back into ATBL.
    The stadium erupts with... Hey Hey Hey synchronized with fireworks.

During the finale Al sets his gong on fire. In front of the stage is the classic VH symbol that lights up synchronized with each hit of Al's kit. The stadium loose their minds!! Van Halen goes out with a bang!!

One can only dream....
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Only if Mike is onstage and Dave lip syncs to the songs....

Comment

• DaveTheScott
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by WARF
      Fucking read my mind...

Preferably not denim n' Doublemint chewing Dave from Kimmel - 2007 tour Dave would even be ok...fuck that...zulu warrior Dave from Yankee Rose...

Also don't forget naughty referee chicks...

Wolf with an In N Out Burger custom bass...

Guest appearances by Terry Bradshaw, Bill Clinton on sax...

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

Also the first time I noticed your avatar...fucking genius...me thinks I will borrow...

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

It's a sad fucking day when my interest level is ZERO for Van Halen.
          It's neverwrecking seeing Ed and Al absolutely playing at the top of their game while Dave fucks it all up.
          Dave will always be the greatest frontman... I just don't think he has it anymore, he needs to go back to being a solo artist and release the John 5 album. I heard the Tokyo dome album and just wanted to cry. Van Halen can't go out like this it's embaressing. It's Daves fault right now and Wolf adds nothing spectacular they are in dire need of Mike to restore the sound.

It's over everyone.

Remember the good years , Dave gave it one hell of ride! Even the 2007/08 tour was greatness.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Carloscda

During the finale Al sets his gong on fire. In front of the stage is the classic VH symbol that lights up synchronized with each hit of Al's kit. The stadium loose their minds!! Van Halen goes out with a bang!!

One can only dream....
            After seeing Ted Nugent several times in the mid to late 70s I thought it would be really cool if Ted exploded while he was holding that last shrill note on his guitar that finished every performance. Bonus if I got some on me.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• DaveTheScott
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2007

It's a sad fucking day when my interest level is ZERO for Van Halen.
              It's neverwrecking seeing Ed and Al absolutely playing at the top of their game while Dave fucks it all up.
              Dave will always be the greatest frontman... I just don't think he has it anymore, he needs to go back to being a solo artist and release the John 5 album. I heard the Tokyo dome album and just wanted to cry. Van Halen can't go out like this it's embaressing. It's Daves fault right now and Wolf adds nothing spectacular they are in dire need of Mike to restore the sound.

It's over everyone.

Remember the good years , Dave gave it one hell of ride! Even the 2007/08 tour was greatness.
              Sadly, I am inclined to agree.

Dave has gotten just enough juice out of this squeeze to become relevant (read: profitable) again.

Ed is hocking his gear and everything striped, probably a majority stakeholder in Fender by now.

Wolf has at least two projects, can ride momentum from the tour and (maybe) do something genius. Last name Van Halen doesn't hurt.

Alex...uh...maybe Mr. Personality will do some drum clinics.

I think I'm still hanging on by a thread...it's either a (new) platinum studio album or I'm sorry, will break my heart, but I gotta walk away.

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

The bottom line is Dave needs to fucking get his shit together or hang it up.
                I know it's not 1981 anymore. I don't expect him to do a backflip off the drum riser.
                I don't give a shit if he's bald or has a lions mane....
                I just want him to sing with the melody in a lower register so my ears don't bleed...
                That is all... Because right now I sound better than him on a bad karaoke night lol
                And believe I have had a lot of bad karaoke nights!
                Last edited by WARF; 05-15-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  After seeing Ted Nugent several times in the mid to late 70s I thought it would be really cool if Ted exploded while he was holding that last shrill note on his guitar that finished every performance. Bonus if I got some on me.
                  I may be reading this wrong, I don't know.

But it sounded like you were saying that you'd love it if the Nuge "exploded" on you.

DOG! You're the funniest motherfucker around here, as long as you don't pay attention to what you're writing. Your subconscious is a fucking JAENIUS!

Cheers!

Comment

• philouze
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

"With these Firsts TV appearences got me to thinking..."

That's where you got it wrong.
                    You don't have to think, with =VH=. Not the purpose.
                    But if you're dumb as a rock, more power to you, they're the perfect band for you.
                    But don't go burn a neurone on them. Wasted time & energy.

Back to topic: I don't care.
                    Last edited by philouze; 05-16-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Van Halen will never... ever... play at the Super Bowl Halftime show.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• philouze
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        I agree. That makes Carloscda look more ridiculous now. Like he already needed it..
                        Alright. Enough with the trolling. I gotta go park the zeppelin.

Comment

• thismusicsux
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Oct 2012

The bottom line is Dave needs to fucking get his shit together or hang it up.
                          I know it's not 1981 anymore. I don't expect him to do a backflip off the drum riser.
                          I don't give a shit if he's bald or has a lions mane....
                          I just want him to sing with the melody in a lower register so my ears don't bleed...
                          That is all... Because right now I sound better than him on a bad karaoke night lol
                          And believe I have had a lot of bad karaoke nights!
                          I've been in a similar boat since Tokyo Dome release. Been pretty critical of Dave doing what he's doing. But then again, I've gone back to listen a few times and can find it enjoyable and overlook some of the flaws. Still there's lots of stuff I think he could avoid if he set his mind to it...ie. kept closer to original melody in a lower register.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by thismusicsux
                            I've been in a similar boat since Tokyo Dome release. Been pretty critical of Dave doing what he's doing. But then again, I've gone back to listen a few times and can find it enjoyable and overlook some of the flaws. Still there's lots of stuff I think he could avoid if he set his mind to it...ie. kept closer to original melody in a lower register.
                            How Dave has been singing since the start of the 2012 could be heard on the youtube vids and on the bootlegs. It's surprising how so many peeps only realized after listening to the Tokyo Dome official release...
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Carloscda
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              And you know this how? Oh great Oz what are the wining power ball numbers for Wed?!
                              Bottom line no one knows! Who ever thought they'd do a late-night mini concert, daytime tv and now an awards show?!!

Time will tell!

Comment

Working...