That was meant to say in my head .... Damn my fat fingers
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vandeleur
      That was meant to say in my head .... Damn my fat fingers

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Slash don't waste your time with that asshole. I mean people are giving Dave shit about his voice ??? Give this fat ass a listen !! God awful !!!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          According to The Tasmanian™ the only ones coming back are Axl, Slash and Duff.....
          Well, of course I never take his word for anything, but if this actually happens, then Izzy better damn well "pack up his life again" and shuffle his ass on to the tour.....

As far as the drumming goes, apparently Axhole really hated Matt Sorum to the point where he called him a "former employee" and never an actual band member at all (despite the fact that he probably spent more time in the band than Adler did).

I'd like to see Adler back on drums, provided he could keep his shit together. Touring with Axhole could probably threaten anybody's sobriety.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Either photochopped or slash agreed to carry some of axl's extra pounds as part of the deal
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Axl's wearing a Ric Flair shirt?? I suddenly hate Axl a bit less. WOOOOOOOO!!!!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by WARF
                  I don't give a fuck who is on stage as long as Axl Slash and duff are there.
                  So you're ok with Slash's kid on rhythm guitar and Adler's kid on drums? I thought you were an "original members or bust" kinda guy.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                    So you're ok with Slash's kid on rhythm guitar and Adler's kid on drums? I thought you were an "original members or bust" kinda guy.
                    Nah, he's just a bigger homo for Axl and Slash.

Jesus, couldn't they have come up with better names?? Axl sounds like the Glory Hole attendee at the local fag bar. And Slash?? Why not just call yourself Razor Burn or Duh Cuttuh. I mean, if you're gonna make up a fake name it should be something like Thunder Bawllz!
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Either photochopped or slash agreed to carry some of axl's extra pounds as part of the deal
                      Slash was photoshopped into that pic.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2010

Wonder if they still hate St. Louis ? Yep , I was there .

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          I was thinking that myself..I want one of those shirts..

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

The band have had some noteworthy shows, but most of that seems to be along the lines of the shows having ridiculously delayed start times, or ending early because Axl didn't want to play a full set.

I have as yet to come across a single person who said that the band were one of the greatest live acts ever on nothing other than a musical level. When I saw them opening for Aerosmith in the late 1980s, I certainly didn't think the band was anything all that amazing live.

And the band and their career kinda wound down with a whimper. Like, it wasn't anything along the lines of, say, when Roth left Van Halen in 1985 and VH at that point was coming off a hugely successful album and year...it never felt like there was any unfinished business between the members of G n R when whatever was left of the Appetite lineup finally called it quits in 1996.

Izzy to one side, there's precious little any of the former members have done since 1996 that make me feel there's much left in the tank creatively that a reunion would result in another album that would be the Second Coming of Appetite, or the best of what the Illusions albums had. I was never really THAT bowled over with Velvet Revolver, and the most interesting thing Axl has done in the last 20 years is play with a guitarist who wore a KFC bucket on his head.

I suppose there would be an audience out there for a reunion, but I haven't really sensed a massive clamoring on the part of others for it. I'll be fucked if I'd pay more than half a c-note for a ticket to sit around 2+ hours after the scheduled start time and wait for those guys to take the stage. WHat they have left to offer isn't worth that for me. Maybe if they were the headliners of a really good double bill...like good to the point where the opening act was someone I really wanted to see, so that way once the 1/2 hour mark past G n R's start time passed and the band still hadn't made their way to the stage, I'd just go home.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              To be the man you got to beat the man. So let's just beat the shit out of Axl.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Got to see them in Greensboro with Skid Row a few weeks before the lps came out..GNR started at 10:30 and finished at 2am...3 and 1/2 hrs and the closest thing to CVH I have seen...just had an aura about them. Izzy was still in the band but no Adler..

Comment

Working...