X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    The cat drawings are really, really stupid...
    I couldn't agree more!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Calderone
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Dave's site was really neat when he got the Slawterhouse guys design it, that was RAD.
      if i have extra time i would love to make a really kickass DLR website with lots of year by year big res pictures
      stories, setlist ebay merch links and more on a very DLR Visual style. This new site is horrid, unless Dave's doing it himself i'd give him a pass.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's art...

I guess the dog era is over. He must of fired ole Russ...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
          Veteran
          • May 2004

Did any of you stop to actually think?

The cat is analogous to pussy. The drawing is Dave's own artwork. One of them is a cat with it's ass in the air.

And then the HIT ME.

I realize most of you aren't that bright, so I'll give you a pass not understanding the genius of it.

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            The cat drawings are inspirational...

He's running a loop of a portion of Robin Trower's Too Rolling Stoned from his 1974 album Bridge of Sighs for the first 7:30 of his ramble...
            Which just reinforces my point that he's relying on OTHER people's legacies instead of his own for his OFFICIAL site.

Again, this would've been fine if it was just a small site by some guy, or even Dave himself, if he wanted to do a personal blog to showcase & talk about his influences.

As it is, we have an official site of a twitchy moron riding on other people's properties. FUCK YOU, Dave.

Can you guys tell I'm a bit pissed about this?...

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
              Did any of you stop to actually think?

The cat is analogous to pussy. The drawing is Dave's own artwork. One of them is a cat with it's ass in the air.

And then the HIT ME.

I realize most of you aren't that bright, so I'll give you a pass not understanding the genius of it.
              This isn't Dave's stuff. Dave isn't an amateur. He's got his own work to rely on.

If there's someone here who isn't very bright, that would be you, as you've proudly proven time & again.

Listen, I know some of you fuckers live in a bubble where there isn't anything else other than Van Halen, but this is a famous, recognised artist, stealing from other famous, recognised artists. Dave is not an up & comer. If he doesn't have anything of his own to display at his age, then that means all that you people hold so dear is nothing but a sham.

But yeah, keep your heads up your asses praising the "genius" of someone who has to rely on other people's materials.

Other people you do not know because you're ignorant imbeciles who believe there is nothing else other than Van Halen.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
                This isn't Dave's stuff. Dave isn't an amateur. He's got his own work to rely on.

If there's someone here who isn't very bright, that would be you, as you've proudly proven time & again.

Listen, I know some of you fuckers live in a bubble where there isn't anything else other than Van Halen, but this is a famous, recognised artist, stealing from other famous, recognised artists. Dave is not an up & comer. If he doesn't have anything of his own to display at his age, then that means all that you people hold so dear is nothing but a sham.

But yeah, keep your heads up your asses praising the "genius" of someone who has to rely on other people's materials.

Other people you do not know because you're ignorant imbeciles who believe there is nothing else other than Van Halen.
                geez... smoke one or two
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  geez... smoke one or two
                  No.

This is Dave shitting on his legacy & by extension, his fans.

I don't care how witty he thinks he is, I'm not gonna praise his twitchy faggot ass for crayon drawings or Monster Truck tire knowledge.

This site is the most retarded thing anyone involved in this whole fuckfest of bands & solo careers ever pulled.

And considering Van Halen is the most retarded band who pulled the, BY FAR, most retarded bullshit in the entertainment business, ever, than this really is rock bottom.

You can't go lower than crayon drawings. It's impossible. Even a Dave butt-sex tape "scandal" with Paul Stanley would be a step up from this mess, as far as his image goes.

FUCK. DAVE.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Well, come on! This is a David Lee Roth Fan Site, is it not?

SOMEONE here must be stupid enough, I mean, have the balls to defend this latest Dave move.

Hit me with your arguments!

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Well, come on! This is a David Lee Roth Fan Site, is it not?

SOMEONE here must be stupid enough, I mean, have the balls to defend this latest Dave move.

Hit me with your arguments!
                      Ok here goes .
                      Dave has handed over the design of his site to under privileged kids in New York . They are special needs little fellers and every hit the site gets Dave donates money to the school.

Feel bad meanie
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        Ok here goes .
                        Dave has handed over the design of his site to under privileged kids in New York . They are special needs little fellers and every hit the site gets Dave donates money to the school.

Feel bad meanie
                        EDTARD doing such a thing is far more believable than Dave.

No one that's been around Van Halen has been a philanthropist in any way, shape or form.

Dave stealing a Japanese kid for slave labour is much more likely than your scenario.

And to finalise, no retard would be stupid enough to do something like this.

Comment

• Jetstream
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2011

Alright, that image of the cat going across with its rear up is actually a study he did from studying Japanese watercolor and then you have Fitz the Cat. One is Asian classical art origins and the other is pop culture, then when he is talking he mentions Buddhist quotes and then Monster Truck stuff, again the ancient and the recent pop culture. He is trying to build a bridge or has but not many care about the destination he has built this bridge for. That is theme of what he is trying to juggle. Now Dave might be miserable as Donnie as said but he is clearly excited about making comparisons but also know most probably are not going to be and in a odd way mentions Edward playing fast and people not understanding that. He mentions the dog eyebrow stuff again which he has done before and other assorted stuff... but it is his little ditty he throws in which is not lecture material makes his rambling cool to music, he is just like a professor trying to teach some obscure pop culture class and wants his students to like him by being entertaining because in the back of his mind he is thinking the students cannot wait for the class to be over lol
                          I got lost in the...

Comment

• Jetstream
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Dec 2011

BTW, he mentions Edward and mentions Alex... guys, in my humble opinion he is not out of Van Halen at all regardless of what most want to say
                            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                              Alright, that image of the cat going across with its rear up is actually a study he did from studying Japanese watercolor and then you have Fitz the Cat. One is Asian classical art origins and the other is pop culture, then when he is talking he mentions Buddhist quotes and then Monster Truck stuff, again the ancient and the recent pop culture. He is trying to build a bridge or has but not many care about the destination he has built this bridge for. That is theme of what he is trying to juggle. Now Dave might be miserable as Donnie as said but he is clearly excited about making comparisons but also know most probably are not going to be and in a odd way mentions Edward playing fast and people not understanding that. He mentions the dog eyebrow stuff again which he has done before and other assorted stuff... but it is his little ditty he throws in which is not lecture material makes his rambling cool to music, he is just like a professor trying to teach some obscure pop culture class and wants his students to like him by being entertaining because in the back of his mind he is thinking the students cannot wait for the class to be over lol
                              I know what those cats are & that's what's getting me up in arms.

I get the whole bridge between cultures thing, I believe I've said that

(...) this would've been fine (...) if he wanted to do a personal blog to showcase & talk about his influences.
                              But it's NOT. It's his OFFICIAL page, his WORK page, for the fans who like HIS work. And WHERE, pray tell, is HIS work? he just did crayon sketches of OTHER people's work.

It's not that complicated, dammit! Now, you people may be used to being ripped off, hell some of you probably enjoy it. But if some dumbass motherfucker tries to pass other people's work as his own, *I* get fucking pissed. That's stealing. It's a fucking multi-millionaire who's stealing from those who made less money than him. That's highly immoral, it's beyond disgusting & I don't see how *anyone* can feel comfortable defending THEFT from a guy with millions in his bank account. Oh wait, yeah I can see - you're Americans.

By the way, that's FELIX the Cat. Shows how much you fuckers know.

Here's FRITZ the Cat:

Interesting tidbit - that's Ralph Bakshi's first animated film. Bakshi went on to do the Hobbit & the Lord of the Rings animated films. Sadly, there was a disturbing lack of Elven boobage in them.

FUCK YOU, DAVE!

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I For One Are looking Forward To All Of Dave's Crazy Videos,Fook The Haters.
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...