X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Part of the reason for that of course is that no one pays for it any more.

Those of you who are fed up with the way politics are going could do worse than just pick a quality newspaper and pay for a subscription.

Everything including this site is just people talking about news that comes from somewhere, as the sources dry up or become corrupted then where does that leave us?
    Agreed, inasmuch as such news is oftentimes worth about as much as it costs to receive: nothing.

And not only any newspaper, but not avoiding news sources that are outside of one's bubble. Nothing wrong with reading a broad cross-section of periodicals. I'll check out what The National Review has to say alongside The Nation. If all I do is get news from sources that I know have a slant toward whatever my worldview is, I'm not challenging myself, just merely reinforcing my previously-held notions. And there's something to be said for being able to admit what you thought you 'knew' wasn't actually true.

Well, we're not in a particularly good place when this is where we are at. Any of us. Particularly when we tend to accept this diminishing of standards with an equanimity bordering on apathy.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It occurred to me that this forum is maybe one of the few places these days where any of us still mix with people with widely different points of view and read the things that they point out.

If friends in the pub have no idea why anyone would vote for Trump or just thinks his supporters are brain dead racists I can explain it better from what I've seen here...

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

If friends in the pub have no idea why anyone would vote for Trump or just thinks his supporters are brain dead racists I can explain it better from what I've seen here...
        That highly doubtful. You just described yourself to a T.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Excellent. Admitting you're part of the problem is the first step in finding a solution for it.
          Yeah, so get an education and get a real job!

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Yeah, so get an education and get a real job!
            Don't need one. I get paid from an account I paid into while I was gainfully employed. If I was the dead beat you claim I am I wouldn't qualify. I'll probably never work again but the fact that I'll probably die before I'm 60 from congestive heart failure should put a smile on your face. Then again if you liberal cry babies get your way and thwart democracy by installing your queen to the once honorable position of POTUS she'll probably get her wish of starting WWIII by fucking with Russia and we'll all be dead.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You'll die even sooner when Cheeto takes away your health care.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                You'll die even sooner when Cheeto takes away your health care.
                Considering how much support he didn't get from the Republican party I doubt they'll do much to pass any legislation he might initiate unless it's gonna line their pockets with money.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Big insurance and big pharma have a lot of money to pass out to congress critters who vote their way.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

These people are reaching whole new lows of integrity.

Also this isn't like putting up with your boss talking shit because you need a paycheck to feed your family, all these politicians are millionaires it's power that they crave.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

If he did sell his soul he should have ordered the surf and turf.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

These people are reaching whole new lows of integrity.

Also this isn't like putting up with your boss talking shit because you need a paycheck to feed your family, all these politicians are millionaires it's power that they crave.
                          Some people can never have enough money.
                          I'd be willing to bet the Republican party had something to do with it too. They couldn't beat him so now they're gonna suck up to him.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Thats a great pic too....I really hope Trump is playing him like the bitch he is...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Did Donald get to eat the rest of the frog?

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...