X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
    Don't know where you come up with this Reagan watched them kill those Marines and others in 83. We'll never know if he did something about it or not.
    I disagree, I think we pretty much know exactly what Reagan did and didn't do in Beirut.....There are numerous well-documented accounts of that event online.....

Outside of a few airstrikes and some shells from the New Jersey, there wasn't much of a response at all from the U.S. Comparatively speaking, there was much more of a response from the French, who most people forget had their own Beirut bombing ten minutes after the Marine barracks bombing the same day....

And finally, Reagan ordered the retreat of the Marines from Beirut four months later....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I didn't understand what the fuck you were saying.. It's OK'ed, not oked...

But you flip flopped actually, because you said Carter just "let" them take 50 hostages. He didn't.
      Enough of the no comprende bullshit. We both agree as commander in chief he must have authorized the failed rescue mission. I'm sure he meant well but in hindsight the plan was way too complicated to work. As far as me posting he let them take the hostages I couldn't find that post.
      Our disagreement centers on did he do enough to get our people back. I say no, you say yes. I think the people agreed with me when they elected Reagan in a landslide in 1980.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        I disagree, I think we pretty much know exactly what Reagan did and didn't do in Beirut.....There are numerous well-documented accounts of that event online.....

Outside of a few airstrikes and some shells from the New Jersey, there wasn't much of a response at all from the U.S. Comparatively speaking, there was much more of a response from the French, who most people forget had their own Beirut bombing ten minutes after the Marine barracks bombing the same day....

And finally, Reagan ordered the retreat of the Marines from Beirut four months later....
        The reason I said we'll never know if Reagan did anything about it or not was because of speculation Reagan ordered some terrorist style payback himself that didn't work out as planned. One of the man differences between the Iranian hostage situation and the Beirut bombing was the Beirut government didn't openly support the bombing. Bombing Beirut in retaliation would be senseless. Bombing Iran on the other hand would have been a damn good idea.
        As far as your last statement that was probably a good idea. Leaving them there any longer just made them targets for more attacks.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Which isn't remembered anywhere near as well as Clinton retreating from Somalia.

Maybe if someone makes a movie about it...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ooof...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

As far as your last statement that was probably a good idea. Leaving them there any longer just made them targets for more attacks.

And you would have said the same thing had Carter still been President vice Reagan?

Just want to clarify that....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Enough of the no comprende bullshit. We both agree as commander in chief he must have authorized the failed rescue mission.
                  Of course he did, dummy! Read The Delta Force memoir by it's former commander Charlie Beckworth. He goes into the discussions but was optimistic about the missions until all of the services had to get their fingers in the pie. ..

I'm sure he meant well but in hindsight the plan was way too complicated to work. As far as me posting he let them take the hostages I couldn't find that post.
                  I already said this, you're just regurgitating my posts to prove some point you never made to begin with. Was Carter a liberal pussy-wimp that stood by shivering in the closet while the evil Iranians grabbed our embassy staff? or was he the ruthless warmonger willing to send Americans (and probably a good number of the residents of Tehran had Delta ever got there) to their deaths?

You can't seem to decide...

Our disagreement centers on did he do enough to get our people back. I say no, you say yes. I think the people agreed with me when they elected Reagan in a landslide in 1980.
                  I don't know what our disagreement is because you keep changing your arguments...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The reason I said we'll never know if Reagan did anything about it or not was because of speculation Reagan ordered some terrorist style payback himself that didn't work out as planned. One of the man differences between the Iranian hostage situation and the Beirut bombing was the Beirut government didn't openly support the bombing. Bombing Beirut in retaliation would be senseless. Bombing Iran on the other hand would have been a damn good idea.
                    And probably Syria, our Christian militia allies, and Israel as well depending on whom you believe...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

I already said this, you're just regurgitating my posts to prove some point you never made to begin with. Was Carter a liberal pussy-wimp that stood by shivering in the closet while the evil Iranians grabbed our embassy staff? or was he the ruthless warmonger willing to send Americans (and probably a good number of the residents of Tehran had Delta ever got there) to their deaths?

You can't seem to decide...
                      I don't know what our disagreement is because you keep changing your arguments...
                      He wasn't in the closet. He was a liberal pussy shivering in front of the whole world. He shamed us all. That's why "men" from foreign countries that wear skirts talk shit about us now. You never heard of William Wallace talking shit about us because he was around before Carter was president. He respected us. He feared us. I think you can figure out what I think about Mr Peanut from that. And I'm pretty sure he cheated to get elected in the first place. No way did he legitimately beat Ford. Ford was our third best president after Reagan and Nixon.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And I'm pretty sure he cheated to get elected in the first place. No way did he legitimately beat Ford. Ford was our third best president after Reagan and Nixon.
                        Huffing bad sock fumes again, are you?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He wasn't in the closet. He was a liberal pussy shivering in front of the whole world. He shamed us all. That's why "men" from foreign countries that wear skirts talk shit about us now. You never heard of William Wallace talking shit about us because he was around before Carter was president. He respected us. He feared us. I think you can figure out what I think about Mr Peanut from that. And I'm pretty sure he cheated to get elected in the first place. No way did he legitimately beat Ford. Ford was our third best president after Reagan and Nixon.
                          It's pretty funny when a druggie pukes like you knock on honorable men like Carter. At least he got an honorable discharge and doesn't scam the VA for the rest of his life, handout boy...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

It's pretty funny when a druggie pukes like you knock on honorable men like Carter. At least he got an honorable discharge and doesn't scam the VA for the rest of his life, handout boy...
                            The above post was a sarcastic response to your last post. I don't think Carter was a pussy or a less than honorable person. I just think he could have done more than make one attempt to rescue the hostages before letting them sit there for over a year until Reagan took office. The entire middle east probably laughed their asses off the entire time about a piss ant country like Iran getting away with holding hostages from the one of if not the most powerful country in the world without them doing a damn thing about it.As far as the rest of your commentary goes you can keep on spewing that horseshit until the cows come home. At least I didn't get tossed out of the military for sucking dick like you did.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                              Huffing bad sock fumes again, are you?
                              I'm surprised you have time for sock humor nowdays. I assumed you were spending most of your free time promoting Bernie.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Probably the only ones laughing were the Iraqis, because Iran became so unstable they were an easy mark for an invasion. At least initially...

Comment

Working...