Van Hagar To Tour In 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
    Ed prefers to sell striped shoes and trinkets.
    Well there's that ! Good for him. He figured out a way to stay home and fuck the old lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by 78/84 guy View Post
      Well Van Halen hasn't planned anything that far out for years. Simply bullshit. Honestly who the fuck is falling for this shit ? If it does happen it won't be planned til next summer by that logic. So that means it's not planned yet. The last thing they put an effort into was A.D.K.O.T. That took a year according to Roth.

You wouldn't agree that everybody would have to clear their schedules this far in advance if they want to do it next fall?
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
        You wouldn't agree that everybody would have to clear their schedules this far in advance if they want to do it next fall?
        78/84 guy is clearing his schedule right now! He'll be there front and center!

Comment

• Will Spanishflyguy come out of retirement for this EPIC tour?
          Last edited by WARF; 11-23-2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• According to some dude commenting at VHND, this is all your fault "WART"

"Dickskus • 12 hours ago
            This rumour was started by a brain-dead idiot named Wart."

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

According to some dude commenting at VHND, this is all your fault "WART"

"Dickskus • 12 hours ago
              Wart ain't brain dead - he's still cashing my checks!!
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

According to some dude commenting at VHND, this is all your fault "WART"

"Dickskus • 12 hours ago
                If Warf did start this rumor he deserves to be honored in same way here at the Roth Army.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Ok here is the real scoop of why thinking in more than one dimension is relative to your position in the world of listening to "things".

Mike can never tour with Van Halen because he only played on a few songs perhaps none, on any given album as quoted by Ed.

Didn't Ed say he played all those bass tracs..? Overdubbed/Corrected.. Mike's parts, so why would Ed want Mike on stage with Roth or Spatula..?

Whoever, is playing bass for the Van Halen is infringing of Eds "intellectual property" thus he would have to bring suit upon the party of the second part.

That is why Flatulus Spamulus is constantly getting restraining orders leveled against him for playing VH music.He was just a replacement hired to attract a certain section of the purchasing public not that there is anything wrong with that those or them, the other half ....not that there is anything wrong with that.

Dave, can play anything from the original (6) because he was actually in the band Mike was evidently just a sexy sexy romance book cover style model hired to attract women that actually have jobs and a specific demographic not generally associated with the other generally perceived styles of members of rock bands.

See how easy is all is if youthink befopre you post...

simple like rock and roll...easy to find the reality in 2 or more dimensions.
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Originally posted by WARF View Post
                    If any staff member here wants to bring traffic to this site. I'll be glad to add you to my page for news updates.
                    You still have a page..? Still waiting on that traffic. Must of gotten blocked by election protestors and BLM parades...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Schedules ? What schedules ? These guys are multi millionaires siting on thier asses. So no I don't. Other than setting up the buildings to play in and when.

Comment

• Originally posted by 78/84 guy View Post
                        Schedules ? What schedules ? These guys are multi millionaires siting on thier asses. So no I don't. Other than setting up the buildings to play in and when.

I grant ya that in the case of the Van Heineken's, but I believe Bette and the Velveetas were planning on doing something for around that timeframe....

In addition, promoters have to start planning for a fall arena tours right around now.....

Comment

• I dunno...

This isn't like it's late 2003 all over again, when I was still hoping Roth would rejoin Van Halen for a reunion tour and work on some new material together, thus the prospect of Hagar rejoining the band then seemed like (only because it was) yet another case of Eddie fucking up.

I mean, Dave got back together with the band. And to Dave's credit he did an excellent job fronting them on the first reunion tour. In point of fact, Dave basically carried that entire tour, because Ed wasn't able to bring his best to the proceedings. Dave stepped up his game and rose above what he was turning in performance-wise at his solo shows from 2003-2006. Dave had something to prove on that first Van Halen reunion tour, and he did. No question about it.

Since that first reunion tour, we've got one studio album (half of which was reworked old 1970s demos - none of which were really an improvement on the tunes in their original form, and the rest were 50% semi-disposable and 50% quite good: only Chinatown really rose to the level of CVH excellence), one mundane live album and two more tours where it has become readily apparent that Dave is no longer interested in his vocal approach: he either can't - or won't -sing the tunes in-key. So, he can't jump, he can't scream, he really can't sing well...but he CAN do his patented Crazy Uncle Dave Funky Chicken Dance Moves complete with 'jazz hands' and a wardrobe on loan from the Hugh Hefner Collection...with plenty of matching Peach Melba ascots and breast pocket handkerchiefs!

I mean, considering what Van Halen has devolved into - basically as others on this thread have said in that Van Halen are an aging nostalgia act - what difference does it make what happens with the band at this point?

It doesn't even matter to me anymore. The 2015 tour was the first time I had no interest in seeing the band, and virtually all of that attitude was directly because Roth got lazy after the first reunion tour and started phoning his vocals in. A bit of a shame, because the Van Halens still play the material quite well. In 2012, at the show I saw Eddie was doing exactly what he needed to do to make the show worthwhile for me. Roth wasn't, and nothing I heard from the last tour made me think 2012 was an anomaly far as Dave was concerned.

Roth has had it, and while I have no interest in seeing Van Halen without Roth in it I have less interest in seeing Van Halen with an underperforming Roth in it. I mean, fuck me, I schlepped out to see Dave perform at a RibFest in 2005 and a small 1-2,000 seat venue in 2006, and I enjoyed both shows. I've always enjoyed what Dave brought to his shows but the last 2 Van Halen tours were not pleasant to listen to. His voice is pretty much fucked and he is coasting. I'd rather not see him at all than see him fumbling around, warbling the lyrics in an off-key yelp.

Besides, Van Hagar Mach 3 should be good for some giggles. I guess it's a matter of perspective: I can laugh at Van Hagar turning in lame live performances, whereas watching Van Halen with Dave turn in lame performances just makes me wish they would stop.
                          Last edited by Terry; 11-30-2016, 08:58 PM.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry View Post
                            Roth has had it, and while I have no interest in seeing Van Halen without Roth in it I have less interest in seeing Van Halen with an underperforming Roth in it.

I can't speak for anyone else Terry, but I sure hope you don't think that merely because I'm throwing out possible justifications on why Bette may indeed be returning would actually mean I would go see that clusterfuck.....

I wouldn't go watch 2 hours of Dig It Ya'll ballads if you gave me a free ticket.....

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else Terry, but I sure hope you don't think that merely because I'm throwing out possible justifications on why Bette may indeed be returning would actually mean I would go see that clusterfuck.....

I wouldn't go watch 2 hours of Dig It Ya'll ballads if you gave me a free ticket.....
                              Put it to you this way:

I could see from Ed's perspective that if Roth isn't up to snuff anymore, Hagar is really the only other choice he has to front the band if he wants to keep performing.

I'll add that even if Roth were singing noticeably better AND Mike rejoined the band for a CVH Farewell Tour, at this point I'd only have a marginal (at best) interest in seeing THAT lineup: these guys just got old, you know?

It's not even a case of my hating Hagar (he's far too average to be anything other than merely forgettable), rather that I just don't have any use for Van Hagar's music: I had no interest in seeing them in 1986 or 1988 when I easily could have, and when THAT lineup was at their best, so naturally it follows that I have no interest in seeing them in 2016.

I love Eddie Van Halen's playing on those CVH records. I always have. I still enjoy listening to it. It's just not worth spending nickel one and a minute of my time to actually go and hear Eddie play live anymore if Roth is going to turn in shitty lead vocals. I have no use for the music Ed wrote after Roth left the band, so naturally I have no interest in going to see Eddie play Van Hagar music.

However, I can understand why someone might want to go see Eddie play, even if he's playing songs from an era of Van Halen they don't like: Ed's getting up there in age. He has gone through a cancer scare, several other ailments and fought to finally get sober. He played very well on the 2012 and 2016 tours. If he remains healthy and sober, he will probably play well on a Van Hagar reunion tour, and these days each tour could be the last chance one has to hear one of the few living rock guitar legends left live in the flesh.

I've seen Ed in 1984, 2008 and 2012. If I never hear him live again, I won't have any regrets about it. Far less regrets than seeing him fucked up and unable to play well like I did in 2008, or playing well yet being offset by terrible lead vocals like I did in 2012.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• I didnt see the last tour. I had zero interest in it..other than night one. After that its just the same damn show played the same damn way. No thanks.. I got to see cvh in 81..82 and 84..2 reunion tours..Let it die Ed..

Comment

Working...
                                X