Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

A couple of things I haven't seen mentioned much on anywhere about this whole saga.

On the free speech/censorship thing, Spotify paid all that money to take Rogaine off all the platforms in the world APART from Spotify. This is like the atheist argument of there are 10 000 religions the devout Christian doesn't believe in and the atheist is the same but just doesn't believe in one more. The Spotify deal actually limited his audience, people who call for him to be thrown off Spotify are actually calling for him to be more widely available!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I think Rogan has jumped the shark. His show used to be fun but he’s rehashing topics and the more political a show like that becomes the more it sucks. It’s hard to keep it fresh. I rarely use Spotify. I haven’t listened to Rogan for a long time.

I just randomly sample stuff. I have no set patterns. I kind of enjoyed a few episodes of Steve-O’s podcast. I was amused Steve Wozniak went on it. Ha! Ha!
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

People are acting like children crying and trying to shut people they don’t like up. We need to grow up. Let people say what they want and if you don’t like it, then listen to something else. Everyone is whining and sniffling over the most trivial shit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was looking at his feed the other day and I think part of the problem is that a lot of the more mainstream guests, the ones that would have provided 'balance' between the real world and wack job pseudo bullshit are no longer appearing.

I don't think people like Neil DeGrass Tyson are going to be back any time soon and so like everything else on the internet it will polarize. Looking back over his last 6 months there are a couple of comedian guests I may check out but that's about it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Rogan’s pod cast success came from simply being entertaining and random. It was about shooting the shit with some funny people while getting buzzed on pot and booze. As soon as you go from that and get more serious you’ve killed it. When your show is being attacked because someone doesn’t like the politics of it, you blew it. People turn on a silly show to escape the political and other bullshit.

The internet is full of plenty of pundits, propaganda artists and conspiracy shows. Some make great money doing it but you have a small specialized audience. Joe wandered into that area and his mass audience went what the fuck?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Plus shit gets old. When the topics and stories start to repeat themselves it becomes boring. Joe Rogan simply hit diminishing returns. Nothing lasts forever.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Plus people take stuff way too seriously these days. We over analyze everything to death.

Comment

Working...