• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Jim Traficant, too, but that's probably better left alone.
      But where was the dead animal on his head born?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        No.

Never been a Rogan fan. Someone who used to post here would treat Rogan like he was the second coming and I have always been "meh." Rogan has always been a game show host to me. A mere presenter, not a star. I've watched the DLR episodes, haven't seen much else.

I'd say go back and check my posts but most of that was probably at DDLR.

I don't use Spotify. Storage is cheap, all my favorite stuff is on USB drives in the cars. I don't give a fuck about someone else's "curated" playlist. I have Sirius and it has it's issues also but not enough for me to bail. Yet.

Not sure the public really cares, it's more the people who got what they wanted every time they threw a temper tantrum as a child are now adults, and apparently we're still giving them what they want when they throw a tantrum.

I did see somewhere that Ben Shapiro says if Spotify drops Rogan, Daily Wire will immediately pick him up.
        Even twenty or so years ago when he was doing Fear Factor, he came across to me as little more than a douchey guy who enjoyed wearing $500 designer t-shirts.

I haven't seen his stand up routine, nor his spots promoting or commentating on MMA.

I've seen one interview from his podcast from start to finish, the rest of what I've seen are various clips.

Can't say as I'm a particular fan of his. I'm not hanging on every word he says, nor am I eagerly awaiting his next podcast. I think part of the reason for that is simple chronology, in that Rogan's podcast took off when I was already 40 + years old, which was too long in the tooth for me to be a fanboi of anybody...I stopped idolizing celebrities by the time my 20s were over.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Everyone needs to grow up and stop having tizzy fits over what people say. If you don’t like it, listen to something else. This cancel culture is going to destroy free speech.
          It feels like people offline in realtime on the whole aren't nearly as outraged about whatever as some claim to be or portray themselves to be on the internet.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            I haven't seen his stand up routine, nor his spots promoting or commentating on MMA.
            He's charismatic which doesn't translate into being funny. Most of Rogan's jokes are sexist or he talks about his drug use. Gets old real fast.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

His Denver Airport conspiracies are just as outdated and stupid.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Here ya go. He's not at all funny.

slave SESH probably thinks he's hilarious. He does like Bill Burr after all.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

Poor reading skills Krusty, I said above that Rogaine stand up isn't funny and considering his very high profile over the years he's been comparatively unsuccessful as a comic. Apart from the low brow stuff the best description I heard was he is uninteresting about interesting subjects. The way things are going now though he'll probably be playing arenas this time next year disappointing millions...

Bill Burr though is an excellent comedian but not for everyone.

One of the crazy things about this Spotify story is that as a Swedish company it likes to think of itself as progressive and to be fair is pretty decent with workers rights and so on. It has over 7 000 employees but never thought to have a few of them spend a few days listening to what they were buying when they got into a $100 million deal with Rogaine. I don't even mean the conspiracy stuff the N word thing means that no one listened to the content or at the least the deal would have never included those episodes. It shows how these corporations work, some people think that these big companies are evil but it's more banal than that, they are just indifferent.
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-07-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

I like Bill Burr as well, although his stuff tends not to resonate with me...he makes me laugh, but I wouldn't put Burr up there with Carlin or Pryor or other comedians where their material stays with you after you hear it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Poor reading skills Krusty, I said above that Rogaine stand up isn't funny and considering his very high profile over the years he's been comparatively unsuccessful as a comic. Apart from the low brow stuff the best description I heard was he is uninteresting about interesting subjects. The way things are going now though he'll probably be playing arenas this time next year disappointing millions...

Bill Burr though is an excellent comedian but not for everyone.

Thear is nutuning wroung wih my reeding skulls. (Writing is a completely different matter)

Bill Burr is a misogynistic asshole. His topics are stale, repetitive (i.e., him and his wife), and he laughs at his own jokes which I find to be so annoying for any comedian. He talks like any other asshole from Boston with the same self-righteous attitude and complaints. That's all Burr does. He's a shitty actor, too. Burr gets reprieve but not pulling a Rogan and being so outwardly obnoxious and doing low-brow dick jokes for cheap laughs. I find nothing unique about his comedy.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Dennis Leary did something like this before

Comment

• silverfish
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2007

Thiel-Backed Video Platform Rumble Offers Joe Rogan $100 Million to Switch From Spotify
                          Rumble has offered podcast host Joe Rogan $100 million to bring his controversial show over to the “free speech” video platform.
                          Originally posted by sadaist
                          I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

LOL "Rumble"

They tried the exact same shit with ol' orange F A T T Y. Look where that got them.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I didn't realize Thiel had anything to do with Rumble. I thought that was just some dumb MAGAtt thing for fascists who got banned from YouTube, due to Covidiocy. If Thiel's behind it, I'm surprised they aren't pushing his weird blood fetish as a "cure" for the pandemic.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Comment

Working...