X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fe_lung
    Sniper
    • Mar 2004

VH in the Hall Of Fame

So, it's nearing time for VH to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Do you think Ed will honor the legacy and play at least one song with Dave at the ceremony, or will he pull a Fogerty and blow him off?
  • VH LINKS SUCKS
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Alex Van Halen is the asshole and likely won't want Dave part of the HOF.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Inducting VH without Dave is like inducting Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.
      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• NeilDiamondDave
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jun 2004

Like introducing Ron Jeremy without introducing his penis!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

HOF-threads get as boring as hair-threads...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Wayne L.

I think Eddie & Alex will jam onstage after their acceptance speeches with another bassist & another frontman for one night only if VH gets inducted into the RNRHOF which won't this year sadly because it's their band or more importantly EVH's band whether it's Dave, Sammy or whoever.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Anyone who thinks Eddie's problems with Dave are Alex are just plain fucking misguided...

Sure...Dave fucks all of Al's wives...but you can't blame that on Dave...look at that simian Al...money can only take you so far.

Dave isn't in VH because of Ed...plain and simple...Al is just what he looks like...a no-power monkey...in that band...

Fuck Ed...Fuck the HOF...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                I think Eddie & Alex will jam onstage after their acceptance speeches with another bassist & another frontman for one night only if VH gets inducted into the RNRHOF
                that is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

Re: VH in the Hall Of Fame

Originally posted by fe_lung
                  Do you think Ed will honor the legacy
                  Ed will honour his legacy..... In true EVH time honoured tradition, he will be pissed out of his skull that day.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• street_lethal
                    Groupie
                    • May 2004

Re: VH in the Hall Of Fame

Originally posted by fe_lung
                    So, it's nearing time for VH to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Do you think Ed will honor the legacy and play at least one song with Dave at the ceremony, or will he pull a Fogerty and blow him off?
                    Since the six albums Dave sang on will be the reason VH goes into the hall of fame I would think they should have Dave up there singing a Dave song.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2004

Only time will tell

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by NeilDiamondDave
                        Like introducing Ron Jeremy without introducing his penis!
                        BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

• smaz
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2004

Isn't it 25 years since the bands first album? If so then technically it should be Dave, but Ed might take it as Van Halen as they are now to perform, and they'd fuck it up royally. The HOF people should make sure if VH are entered, then it's done properly. With roth or no entry.
                          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

It's everyone involved with the band in those 25 years...

you don't reinduct parts of the band...or disinclude those parts...

so everyone involved...including Cherone...and SamtaClause will be invited...

how they choose to do anything will be up to them...but they can't stop Dave from being there...or performing...

but can decide not to perform with him...

I suspect Dave will accept the award...but step out of anything else that involves Samta...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              Anyone who thinks Eddie's problems with Dave are Alex are just plain fucking misguided...

Sure...Dave fucks all of Al's wives...but you can't blame that on Dave...look at that simian Al...money can only take you so far.

Dave isn't in VH because of Ed...plain and simple...Al is just what he looks like...a no-power monkey...in that band...

Fuck Ed...Fuck the HOF...
                              I respectfully disagree PoJo. For the longest time I always blamed Ed. I think it's mainly Alex's doing that Dave is not in VH.

Simian Al -- LOL!
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...