Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

It's not Ed and Al's decision whether Dave gets in the HOF with them, it's the voters who vote for the bands.

Comment

• rob100

Originally posted by Warham
      It's not Ed and Al's decision whether Dave gets in the HOF with them, it's the voters who vote for the bands.
      OK. So how can I vote?

And what song should they play?

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I hope Dave takes his own band. It would be nice to actually recognise the songs by more than just the vocal parts...

Eddie Sucks in '04, folks, sorry...

Comment

• smaz
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

You can imagine though, at a HOF award ceremony kinda thing (I don't know what they do) Ed, Al and Mike walk out to a round of applaus, followed by Sam to a lower round of applause. Then they introduce Dave and the place goes nuts......... That'd be a kick in the face for Ed n Al.
          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• muffinman14
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jun 2004

"It's everyone involved with the band in those 25 years...

you don't reinduct parts of the band...or disinclude those parts...

so everyone involved...including Cherone...and SamtaClause will be invited...

how they choose to do anything will be up to them...but they can't stop Dave from being there...or performing..."

This is pretty inacurate. AC/DC didn't have their original lead singer Dave Evans inducted, or their original bass player Mark Evans. Mark even played bass on some of their biggest and most infuencial albums. I think the band gets alot of say in who gets in.

Obviously Dave is far too important to the VH legacy to be denied induction for any reason.

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
              I think Eddie & Alex will jam onstage after their acceptance speeches with another bassist & another frontman for one night only if VH gets inducted into the RNRHOF which won't this year sadly because it's their band or more importantly EVH's band whether it's Dave, Sammy or whoever.
              LAME WAYNE, as usual. VAN HALEN will get inducted because of DAVE & MIKE as much as EVH and SHEMP! The SISTERS would STILL be playin' backyard KEGGERS if not for DIAMOND DAVE. NO BAND ON STAGE NO DICE!!!! Send those two CURB PAINTERS BACK TO WORK!!!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by muffinman14
                "It's everyone involved with the band in those 25 years...

you don't reinduct parts of the band...or disinclude those parts...

so everyone involved...including Cherone...and SamtaClause will be invited...

how they choose to do anything will be up to them...but they can't stop Dave from being there...or performing..."

This is pretty inacurate. AC/DC didn't have their original lead singer Dave Evans inducted, or their original bass player Mark Evans. Mark even played bass on some of their biggest and most infuencial albums. I think the band gets alot of say in who gets in.

Obviously Dave is far too important to the VH legacy to be denied induction for any reason.
                I'm not sure about the specifics...but...

Dave Evans wasn't with the band when they came out with their first album...High Voltage...Mark Evans was...and was with them for 3 or 4 albums...before being replaced by Cliff Williams...

So Dave Evans wouldn't officially be in the band the same way that Pete Best and that other fool isn't listed as a member of the Beatles in the hall...because they weren't a part of the band when their first album was recorded...

Mike Evans would officially be in the band...and is listed as quitting the band because he was tour weary...I'm not sure the logistics of why he wasn't there...or why he wasn't included...but I'm sure there was a good reason...

Every VH member will be invited...what is ultimately the final tally of who's coming...

not sure how that is worked out...

here's the Hall's official statement...

Performers
                Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artist’s contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

The Foundation’s nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the Performer category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 1,000 rock experts. Those performers who receive the highest number of votes, and more than 50 percent of the vote, are inducted. The Foundation generally inducts five to seven performers each year.

how all of that plays out...is probably highly subjective...and my best guess here is that Cherone will be left off...but you never know...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...