X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • secrets
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

Eddie on cover of Guitarist magazine

This is EVH's first interview w/Guitarist magazine in over 6 years.

Didn't buy it but read it quickly in the shop. Basically very boring stuff.

Doesn't mention a word about David Lee Roth.

Says the reason he hasn't done a solo album is because VH is the most creative writing unit.

He is so happy that Sammy and Mike are back in the band.

When asked why he hasn't done anything over the last 6 years, he says something like this: Oh I've had to battle with cancer. Oh I've just got divorced. Oh I've been in therapy nursing my big ego. And my shrink tells me I have to focus on me. So when an audience shouts "Eddie, Eddie" I don't need to feel guilty that the lead singer is jealous.

He says the best material is yet to come from VH.

Yeah right Ed.

Achtung Baby I say, I say...
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

isn't mikey the one who plays worse than wolfie and was supposed to be replaced several times...?
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

"Oh I've been in therapy nursing my big ego. And my shrink tells me I have to focus on me. So when an audience shouts "Eddie, Eddie" I don't need to feel guilty that the lead singer is jealous."

Is this for fucking real ?? Were those his words ??
      My Godfather !!
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• secrets
        Foot Soldier
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
        "Oh I've been in therapy nursing my big ego. And my shrink tells me I have to focus on me. So when an audience shouts "Eddie, Eddie" I don't need to feel guilty that the lead singer is jealous."

Is this for fucking real ?? Were those his words ??
        My Godfather !!
        No he didn't say those exact words.

It was something to that effect though. He has been in therapy and let's face it he has a huge ego...so it's not far from the truth.

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Man, I was going to write the biggest post ever, abusing the fuck out of him if those were his words

heheheheh
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• secrets
            Foot Soldier
            • Apr 2004

Be my guest.

Listen I didn't twist his words that much. The guy is full of himself.

I'll try and post his exact words and you'll see.

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Yeah I want to see that.
              Sounds interesting mate ! Thats just totally physcho thinking..
              Ive played in Bands, been the lead guitar dude, and I appreciate
              lead singers more than anything. They *ARE* the voice of the Band.

Does Ed not realize fans will always have their favorites ??
              Look at the Beatles, did Paul get professional help because he
              thought there were more John lennon fans in the crowd ??????

Everyone had their favorite Beatle.

Ed doesnt seem to be able to co-exist with somebody popular.
              I guess thats why he settled for Sammy.. :p
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Chaz Rock City

The best VH is yet to come: BULLSHIT. Its about time has a riff that sounds more limp bizkit than Van Halen. The song sounds likethey trying to say they're sorry for the last 8 years . They would have never done that with Roth. Of course there was nothing to say they were sorry for when Roth was in the band.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

More proof that Ed has completely lost the plot.

Also although he never mentions Roth(probably part of the 'can we suck your cock' preinterview agreement) more reasons why Roth refused a BOBW tour...

I haven't read Guitarist magazine for years, being a until very recently 'lapsed guitarist' but looking at it just about everything be it a bit of gear or an album gets at least 4 stars so I don't think it's a coincidence this is one of the only interviews Eddie has given.

I can't be bothered posting the whole thing, hey go buy it if you're interested, but key Eddie quotes...

The last 4 years of my life has been a hell of a trip-so make it a good one. When you hear the 3 new songs we recorded for BOBW I believe you'll understand what I mean.

This is pretty funny if you are looking at it from the position where you know the 3 songs are a spectacular disaster that made everyone I let hear them either laugh or shake their head...I'm starting to think that the only time EVH tells the truth is by mistake.

I'm back, I'm black and I'm chasing white meat.

Maybe I'm reaching a bit here but I think that's pretty fucking racist sexist. Eddie you are a white Dutch 50 year old. Hmmm....

I've been in therapy for over 13 years, and my therapist keeps telling me, Focus on yourself, focus on yourself. I've finally got the hint.

I sprayed my drink at this point...

No when I go on stage, if people start chanting, Eddie, Eddie,Eddie, Eddie, like they have in the past, I'm not going to silence them because the lead singer doesn't dig it. Instead I'm going to say, thank you. Thanks called owning your power not abusing it.

Which singer would this be?

Gary...?No.

Roth, who made a point of saying on stage all the time about your guitarists awards and how great you were?...No

Spammy the fat mild mannered janitor?...Could be.

Fucking LA therapists. 'Oooh Eddie you are a victim. Ohh your life is soo fucking hard. Ooh that will be $500'. Jesus. Fuck off!

I never really understood why no-one could capture my sounds that I make on tape, but I never complained because professional engineers always intimidated me. No I'm doing it myself, and I think I'm getting pretty close.

OH FUCK OFF!

If Ted Templeman did anything at all he captured the live sound of VH. But no Eddies new songs are better produced because he is in control now. Everything since they moved to 5150 has sounded much worse than Ted never mind this latest attempt which sounds like preproduction. I think the high end of their hearing has gone after all those live gigs too because the high hats have been like white noise for many years now.

I had a studio engineer who I allowed to live in my house for thrre and a half years, but I finally came to grips with the fact that he never really delivered the goods so I let him go.

Fuck we really need to get an interview with this guy. Maybe he couldn't deliver the goods because Ed was sitting for year after year drunk and whining. Nah it can't be that because NOTHING is ever Ed's fault. That's what his therapist tells me anyhoo.

About Sammy

There is a chance it will work out because we are communicating a lot better. For example, there was some tension a few days ago

Apparently Sammy ate the roadcrew's breakfast....

Sam said a few things I didn't like

"You're drunk again"

but we ended up talking about it and cleared it up there and then.

"You want to go back to 200 seater clubs Sammy?"

That's the way it's supposed to work. I gave him a hug and kiss today and told him that I loved him.

What's that swelling in my pants? I'll need to take a break from posting this so I can go jerk off...

Somebody recently turned me on to the classical cellist Yo-Yo Ma. I don't even know how to tune the instrument properly. I tune it to whatever I tune it to, but I can play whatever he does because I just let it be-I'm not practising, I'm just playing. I've never practised a day in my life.

Eddie conquers another instrument in 2006(Artists impression)

Ok Eddie Van Halen may be the best natural rock guitarist ever born. A true genius back in the day, however we are meant to believe that a drunk Eddie in a short space of time can play anything a top classical cellist can play?

Yeah Eddie and you can play it in a Marching Band too...

Anyway I thought it was the tuba Eddie played these days...

Cheers!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    More proof that Ed has completely lost the plot.

Yeah Eddie and you can play it in a Marching Band too...

Anyway I thought it was the tuba Eddie played these days...

Cheers!

I thought the guy said that if Gay Cherone left he would start playin' "the Bavarian CHEESE WHISTLE". He might as well get to it, 'cause EVH has blown for A LONG TIME now!!!!!!!!

Comment

• distortion9
                      Sniper
                      • Mar 2004

If Eddie was on the cover of "Hammered Assbags", I might check it out....otherwise...fuck it.
                      http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

'the best material is yet to come'

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Then again, maybe he means Dave's back next year?

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                          'the best material is yet to come'

Then again, maybe he means Dave's back next year?
                          DAMN STRAIGHT Halen High!!!!!
                          You get the 5 star vote my friend!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Funny post Sesh...

That guy is washed up for sure...

Remember when he was cool, and we looked up to our hero ??

That part about "not going to silence them because the lead singer doesn't dig it" is complete bullshit!

Edward has lied so much, he has no recollection of his past...

Sad...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It was as depressing as hell reading that.

I posted that at the links and it has 43 views and no replies at the moment.

I NEVER post there but I was so appalled I was kind of curious to see how they would defend the indefensible...

Cheers!

Comment

Working...