Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Why even bother interviewing EVH at this point? Even from a guitar mag perspective? Guitar World has been blowing Eddie since it's inception, but EVH has done jack squat for a half-decade, and those three new Van Hagar songs aren't worth piss.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What noone posted was their little information windows on the new songs.

For example.

New Track 1

It's about time

A mid paced workout with some super heavy guitar juxtaposed with as meaty a chorus as VH have ever written. Accusations of being 'stuck in the eighties' are dispelled like cigarette smoke in a gale upon one listen. Ed's guitar tone is fuller than it has been for 15 years too...

Sounds something like: And the Cradle Will Rick..(from Women and Children First)

To be honest I'm lost for words about that...

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

EVH has ONLY done the GUITARWORLD interview for this tour. And it is true, GUITARWORLD HAS blown EVH for its entire existence, just to get an interview.
        That interview SUCKS by the way. Same 'ol "Yakety Smackety" from EVH. Flappin' his gums while saying very little. Keeps talkin' out his ASS 'cause his mouth KNOWS better. "They screwed me, and He screwed me, and I'm in therapy, I gotta Gift, I'm SUPERMAN"..............
        Hey EVH, SHUT YOUR COCKSUCKER, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• sambo
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Why even bother interviewing EVH at this point? Even from a guitar mag perspective? Guitar World has been blowing Eddie since it's inception, but EVH has done jack squat for a half-decade, and those three new Van Hagar songs aren't worth piss.
          Totally agree...if I remember the interview correctly, Matt Bruck (from GW) is also Ed's "best mate" and has been "a great help" in pulling this interview together.

funny that...
          Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

When EVH returns, I will buy a copy.

EVH has not returned.
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• secrets
              Foot Soldier
              • Apr 2004

Guitarist editorial commentary

"Very adept at refusing to 'talk shit' in the media about Hagar and David Lee Roth, Van Halen came up with the catchphrase LSD (Lead Singer Disease) to cover a multitude of supposed sins. Short-lived and unpoular VH singer Gary Cherone was evidently free from the affliction....go figure!"

BULL SHIT.
              Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• light 'em up!
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2004

...and some Roth diehards still dream of a reunion? It would be a nightmare for Dave. Ed's mind is gone.

Comment

Working...