Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The Clarett deal really screwed the running game.

I am a little surprised at their record this year though.

I like Tressell though, for the most part, as much as I can, for a Buckeye.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

It's funny...I think Michigan fans liked John Cooper more than OSU fans did...I never liked the guy...funny how a guy who wins 10 games a year can still piss you off...

Tressel's a good coach...the college I went to was about 30 minutes from Youngstown State...and he was a fucking legend in the area...and in Ohio...

of course his ties are to OSU...as an assistant to Earle Bruce...and his father was a longtime Ohio Coach...

Tressel once said at Youngstown State, "This college is a little slice of paradise, and I love it here. I would never leave unless they asked me, or a certain athletic director up North gave me a call..."

they did...

He runs a great program...always believes in the ball control...field position game...

he had to love Krenzel in that program...a born leader...with the perfect tools to lead a running attack...and a ball control/field position offense...

I think Justin Zwick has pro written all over him...but I think he'll have to transfer...Troy Smith, as I've said from the start, is the better fit at Ohio State...

Now they need to start getting Pittman the necesary reps to get him the ball next year...unless they have a hidden gem committed already...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
        The Clarett deal really screwed the running game.

I think so too, Ross isnt worthy of being in the
        Backfield, just an upgraded fullback speed, he'll never be a pro.
        So why keep playing him?

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

They didn't...he was suspended last week...maybe this week too...

a program like Ohio State's shouldn't be that dependant...especially at the running back position...

Clarett...even if he played last year...they shoulda known they'd have needed another top-notch back...

Tressel just didn't get the job done recruiting a top-notch back to take his place...

realize this...they are young on that OLine as well...I think they lost nearly the entire line last year...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I read theres 14 new starters this year, correct?
            If so it may take a year or two to gel as a unit.
            I believe in Tresell, he knows what hes doing, i think
            the fans are spoiled & are panicking too soon, they should
            lay off the guy.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

He's not taking that much heat...

He needs to nail down a big recruiting class though...and nail down a fantastic back...

Pittman is supposed to be big time...but I think Tressel is being careful to put the team in the hands of another freshman...at least early in the year...

I think he's working out for the future right now...Troy has looked okay the last two games...and he has a big time arm...so the true battle will be ended when OSU plays Michigan...I think we'll see who's going to be starting for this team during that game...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

This sounds inane I know...but I do think OSU can still run the table...they won't be in a big game at the end...and that's okay...but if they can run the table with this shit ass team...or even go through with only one more loss...and a bowl win (and of course...a big win against Michigan), I think they'll be fine for next year...

it's good to see after the upset...and the ass handing at Iowa...that they haven't chalked it in yet...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  the college I went to was about 30 minutes from Youngstown State...
                  You must've been haulin' ass...

86 miles in 30 minutes....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I graduated from Slippery Rock you dumb bastard...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I can't believe you mapquested that trip from the Boro...lmfao...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

LOL, my bad....

Could've sworn you went to the Boro....

You probably just drank there a lot....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jano
                          Commando
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          Look...Jano...a couple of things...and I'm speaking of myself here...

you entered the fray in AN OHIO STATE THREAD...obviously throwing a little disrespect to OSU and to the Big 10...

so how about dropping the college football hypocricy a bit...and getting a reality check...

Nebraska is done...and gone...

Oklahoma is a Stoops product...we'll see what happens IF he leaves...because between Stoops and the cheater...OU was shit...

they are good...sure...but we'll see where they end up. I'll put the Big 10's national titles up against the Big 12's any day of the week...and no...I wouldn't count Texas'...since they got ALL of their in the SWC...the Big 8's rival...
                          Please POJO be real!
                          little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                          http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            LOL, my bad....

Could've sworn you went to the Boro....

You probably just drank there a lot....

That my friend...I did...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jano
                              Please POJO be real!
                              "Shit...I have no comeback..um...hmmm...er...."

"Please POJO be real!"

utter brilliance...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Don't the Buckeyes play Mich St. this week?

LOL ... hate them equally ... too bad one has to win.

0-0 tie?

Go Blue!

Comment

Working...