I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...

great game...

just a great game...

OSU let them in the game...shoulda lost...

but Troy Smith just put his name on the map for next year's Heisman...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit, inferior?

As bad as OSU played?

We lost ... but they didn't impress ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Carr is 1-4 against Tressel...

Tressel is 4-1 against Michigan...

so the question is...how long before Carr is gone...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, the dink and dunk all day ... if they play Michigan and Lloyd Carr every week, he'll win the Heisman.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Carr is 1-4 against Tressel...

Tressel is 4-1 against Michigan...

so the question is...how long before Carr is gone...
    Kinda pulling for tomorrow ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah...inferior...

as in

OSU played like shit...

and Michigan still couldn't win in THEIR house...again...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...not used to seeing you bitter...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and his fucked up staff ... sit on every lead they ever get ... fucking pussies ... played for a FG to make the lead 9 ... bullshit ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're starting to sound like Va with the dinking and dunking...

lmfao...

you know...

like what Henne was doing...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bitter is a good reason to get blind stupid drunk ... and wreck the joint ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Penn State up 3-0...

Auburn slaughtering Alabama...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lmfao...

You and I both know I was a minute away from doing the same shit...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Carr is hopefully the last of the "Bo Line" ... it has to be loyalty to him that they keep this neanderthal here ... I really can't take it much more.

Bout ready to be come a Buckeye ... or worse ... a Spartan ...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lmfao...

there's something worse than a Buckeye fan?

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...

great game...

just a great game...

OSU let them in the game...shoulda lost...

but Troy Smith just put his name on the map for next year's Heisman...
    I agree but some of the catches made on
    the last drive, were incredible..that T.E. catch at the 10 yard line was the
    grab of the year..WOW

EUAS

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Time to get equal play...

and change the name of the thread a bit...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Got my dibs on tix with my father-in-law..ill have my answer from him & the alum by the 14th, keep your fingers crossed..

If im in, my cameras ready!!! put in for the day off for the
    tailgate too, im hoping man..fuck, 1 week of waiting.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Those tickets are so hard to come by...especially when you consider how many alums there are that are going to want to go and see the Bucks hammer the Irish...no doubt about it...

Good Luck...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've been an OSU fan since I remember breathing...

and have been to many a Michigan/OSU game (including 1 at the shithouse)...

OSU/Notre Dame????

When they played 10 years ago...I tried like hell to fucking find tickets...and I found some to South Bend...couldn't afford them though...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pete DiPrimio: Buckeyes a familiar sight for Quinn
    Dec. 5, 2005
    Fort Wayne News Sentinel

For Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, this Fiesta Bowl matchup with Ohio State is personal. He's a Columbus, Ohio, area guy. Buckeye linebacker A.J. Hawk and center Nick Mangold are Columbus-area guys. Even in the fifth grade, they were trying to knock each other's blocks off.

"They beat us 13-7 in the championship," Quinn said. "It dates back that far."

It's the Jan. 2 date that matters now, when No. 4 Ohio State (9-2) meets No. 5 Notre Dame (9-2) in Tempe, Ariz., in the most intriguing BCS showdown outside the No. 1 vs. No. 2 Rose Bowl battle between USC (12-0) and Texas (12-0).

"What sticks out to me," Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis said, "is they have a very dominating defense; they have an exciting offense with a quarterback who has improved as time went on and a couple of dynamic skill players, especially No. 7 (receiver-returner Ted Ginn)."

Added Ohio State coach Jim Tressel: "Notre Dame is very sound and creative. They have some tremendous athletes. What better opportunity than for Ohio State and Notre Dame to get together."

Such get-togethers are rare. Consider Notre Dame has played football since 1887 and Ohio State since 1890, yet the programs have met just four times, each winning twice, each winning once on the road, losing once at home.

The Irish won the first two — 18-13 in 1935, 7-2 in 1936. Ohio State took the next two — 45-26 in 1995, 29-16 in 1996.

If you like tradition, this looms as a must-see event. Notre Dame's 811 victories rank second in NCAA history to Michigan's 850. Ohio State's 773 victories are tied with Alabama for fifth. The Irish have won 11 national titles, the last in 1988. The Buckeyes have won seven national championships, the last in 2002.

"Both schools are rich in tradition," Quinn said, "so it's one of those things where you love to see two teams that play similar styles — physical, hard-mouthed, nasty football."

Quinn knows both styles well. He was born in Columbus and starred at Coffman High School in nearby Dublin. He grew up an Ohio State watcher and a Notre Dame fan, although if the Irish hadn't wanted him, he likely would have become a Buckeye.

"Ohio State would like have been my second choice," he said. "Even after they won the national championship, they still recruited me.

"People in my town would have loved to have seen that scenario play out with me playing there. But when it came down to it, it wasn't the right fit."

So Quinn came to Notre Dame, which under Weis has become an offensive powerhouse (38.2-point scoring average, six games of 41 points or more), while Ohio State developed into a defensive heavyweight.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pete DiPrimio: Buckeyes a familiar sight for Quinn

« Back · 1 · 2

Nobody runs against the Buckeyes. They rank No. 1 in the nation in stopping the run, allowing 74.5 yards and 2.4 yards a carry. They rank fourth nationally in total defense and allow 14.8 points.

Does this mean Quinn could throw 50 to 60 times? Perhaps. He has, after all, thrown for 3,633 yards with 32 touchdowns against seven interceptions.

"It's fun watching Brady and (seeing) the progress he's made," Tressel said.

Quinn won't be the Fiesta Bowl's only progressing quarterback. Ohio State's Troy Smith has thrown for 14 touchdowns against four interceptions. He could be a big factor considering Notre Dame has allowed six opponents to throw for more than 300 yards.

Notre Dame and Ohio State are both at-large picks and their BCS selection left No. 6 Oregon (10-1) out of luck. The Ducks, who were fifth in the final BCS standings, one spot behind Ohio State and one spot ahead of Notre Dame, wound up in the Holiday Bowl against Oklahoma.

The Fiesta Bowl selection earned the Irish $14.8 million – the same as each conference makes for a BCS team. Next year their BCS share drops to $4.5 million, the same as conferences make for a second BCS team.

♦ To talk with Pete DiPrimio about Notre Dame football, go to "Ask Pete" under the "Sports" link at www.news-sentinel.com.

Up next

Kickoff: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State in Tempe, Ariz., Jan. 2

Radio: WRSW, 107.3-FM

TV: WPTA,

Ch. 21; Comcast

Ch. 7

Fast fact

♦ Notre Dame has lost seven straight bowl games.

For more news or to subscribe, please visit http://www.fortwayne.com

Copyright ��2004 Fort Wayne News Sentinel. All Rights Reserved.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hawk wins the Lombardi Award...

Hawk becomes fifth Buckeye to claim Lombardi Award
    Dec. 7, 2005
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

HOUSTON -- Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk won the Rotary Lombardi Award as the nation's top college lineman or linebacker Wednesday night, becoming the fifth Buckeyes player to receive the honor.

The other three finalists were Louisville defensive end Elvis Dumervil, Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny and Texas defensive tackle Rod Wright.

"Anyone who's up for any kind of award, it's a reflection of the team and the guys around them," said Hawk, Ohio State's leading tackler for three straight seasons. "A lot of people don't realize how much the other 10 guys out there help."

About 250 coaches, former finalists and media members voted for the award, given annually by the Houston Rotary Club. Chuck Poole, the event's public relations director, said the club doesn't release a breakdown of the votes.

Hawk is the first Buckeyes player to capture the award since Orlando Pace won for the second time in 1996. Jim Stillwagon (1970), John Hicks (1973) and Chris Spielman (1987) also won for Ohio State.

The 6-foot-1, 240-pound Hawk was also named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year by a panel of coaches and media. He's also in the running for the Walter Camp (player of the year), Bednarik (best defensive player) and Butkus (best linebacker) awards.

The Lombardi Award was initiated by Houston's Rotary Club in 1970, shortly after its Hall of Fame namesake -- Vince Lombardi -- died of cancer.

The design of the 40-pound trophy -- a block of granite mounted on a steel base -- is a nod to Lombardi's college playing days. Before guiding the Green Bay Packers to victories in the first two Super Bowls, Lombardi was an offensive guard at Fordham in the 1930s, part of a unit nicknamed the "Seven Blocks of Granite."

Hawk was a little surprised to win. He couldn't pinpoint one performance where he felt as though he did everything right.

"It's tough to pick a best game because some games I made some big plays, but then missed a couple of tackles and didn't execute, and then other times, I didn't make big plays but felt like I did execute," he said. "Each game, there are always a couple of things I didn't like that I did."

Still, he did enough.

The senior led Ohio State this season with 109 tackles and 13 behind the line. He ranks fifth on the school's career tackles list with 382 heading into Ohio State's Fiesta Bowl matchup with Notre Dame.

He also led a defense that was the nation's best against the run, giving up only 74.5 yards per game. The Buckeyes also led the Big Ten in scoring, passing and total defense.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hawk becomes fifth Buckeye to claim Lombardi Award
    Dec. 7, 2005

HOUSTON -- Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk won the Rotary Lombardi Award as the nation's top college lineman or linebacker Wednesday night, becoming the fifth Buckeyes player to receive the honor.

The other three finalists were Louisville defensive end Elvis Dumervil, Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny and Texas defensive tackle Rod Wright.

"Anyone who's up for any kind of award, it's a reflection of the team and the guys around them," said Hawk, Ohio State's leading tackler for three straight seasons. "A lot of people don't realize how much the other 10 guys out there help."

About 250 coaches, former finalists and media members voted for the award, given annually by the Houston Rotary Club. Chuck Poole, the event's public relations director, said the club doesn't release a breakdown of the votes.

Hawk is the first Buckeyes player to capture the award since Orlando Pace won for the second time in 1996. Jim Stillwagon (1970), John Hicks (1973) and Chris Spielman (1987) also won for Ohio State.

The 6-foot-1, 240-pound Hawk was also named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year by a panel of coaches and media. He's also in the running for the Walter Camp (player of the year), Bednarik (best defensive player) and Butkus (best linebacker) awards.

The Lombardi Award was initiated by Houston's Rotary Club in 1970, shortly after its Hall of Fame namesake -- Vince Lombardi -- died of cancer.

The design of the 40-pound trophy -- a block of granite mounted on a steel base -- is a nod to Lombardi's college playing days. Before guiding the Green Bay Packers to victories in the first two Super Bowls, Lombardi was an offensive guard at Fordham in the 1930s, part of a unit nicknamed the "Seven Blocks of Granite."

Hawk was a little surprised to win. He couldn't pinpoint one performance where he felt as though he did everything right.

"It's tough to pick a best game because some games I made some big plays, but then missed a couple of tackles and didn't execute, and then other times, I didn't make big plays but felt like I did execute," he said. "Each game, there are always a couple of things I didn't like that I did."

Still, he did enough.

The senior led Ohio State this season with 109 tackles and 13 behind the line. He ranks fifth on the school's career tackles list with 382 heading into Ohio State's Fiesta Bowl matchup with Notre Dame.

He also led a defense that was the nation's best against the run, giving up only 74.5 yards per game. The Buckeyes also led the Big Ten in scoring, passing and total defense.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I though A J Hawk was a fucking skateboarder, goddammit!!!!!

What's he doing playing college football?!?!?

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HOW CAN BLACK PLAYERS BE CATHOLIC?

THAT is all...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What? Blacks can be catholic... it's blacks being Jews that is the head-scratcher... lmao

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wait...are catholics and jews different?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes... the former believe in Christ, the latter killed him...

Dude, let's not start a race/religious war... it would be too easy... lol

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by conmee
    What? Blacks can be catholic... it's blacks being Jews that is the head-scratcher... lmao

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
    HEY BABE..

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF ME MAN?

AM I CHOPPED LIVER?

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Within 24 hrs i will know if im going to the fiesta..

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN I WANT TO GO!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...are you going or what...

you at least have to tailgate hombre...

you ain't seen nuttin' until you've seen an OSU tailgate for a big game...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Still waiting, im thinking he woulda told us..
    unless he got a case of amnesia, pisses me off
    & she wont go out of her way to call.
    Tues I'll cll him if i have no answer

I will tailgate ive heard the stories bro, im there if
    were in the game.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No word yet..getting pissed.
    did i mention go Bucks?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love you like a brother RBW, but let's face it, the tickets ain't comin' and you'll be watching the game on a big screen like the rest of us... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lmfao...you Icon...

why don't you call your connections...get you and I tix...and fly down...

we'll both goto the game...

and crash at RBW's to tell him about it afterwards...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by conmee
    I love you like a brother RBW, but let's face it, the tickets ain't comin' and you'll be watching the game on a big screen like the rest of us... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
    well her dad called today & asked for our address..
    i still have hope, cause he didnt say a word, nor did she back.
    Were playing it down thinking maybe they're late on xmas gifts.

I think your right, ill be in front of a tv..ahh well to dream.

GO BUCKS!! 12 days to go!

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    lmfao...you Icon...

why don't you call your connections...get you and I tix...and fly down...

we'll both goto the game...

and crash at RBW's to tell him about it afterwards...
    That would indeed suck imagining you both at the door shitfaced
    too, hey can we crash?? uh sure, got more beer? hahaha.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    well im officially watching the game on TV..
    we recieved holidays gifts yesterday,not in there.
    Im thinking of going close by the stadium to catch the
    pregame/close of festivities..i took the day off so im
    gonna try to make the most of it..
    cant wait to see the fans roll into town next week!

9 days to go!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...after Monday's drubbing of the Irish...this turns back to OSU hoops...

and what a day it was today for Ohio State hoops...

Ohio State was down 15 with 5 1/2 minutes left against LSU...

and won on a 3 pointer by Matt Sylvester...to win the game...

Sylvester...who drilled the shot that beat Illinois last year...and knocked them off their undefeated perch...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio State vs. LSU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GameCenter · Box Score · Full Play-by-Play · Recap · Shot Chart
    Sylvester caps off Buckeyes' rally with game-winning 3-pointer
    Dec. 31, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- There's something about big games and last-minute shots that seem to bring out the best in Matt Sylvester.

It was the Ohio State swingman who made the 3-pointer that dashed No. 1 Illinois' unbeaten season last March.

Hitting just 31 percent of his shots from the field this season, Sylvester hit another big 3 with 5.5 seconds left Saturday to cap a furious comeback and keep the 21st-ranked Buckeyes undefeated with a 78-76 victory over LSU.

"I don't know what I was thinking -- my mind was pretty much blank, hoping that I'd make the shot," Sylvester said. "But when I let that one go, I felt pretty good about it."

Ohio State (10-0) trailed by 15 points with just over 5½ minutes left and was down by 10 with 2½ minutes remaining before making every big play imaginable - and scoring the final 12 points - down the stretch.

"What a game!" Ohio State coach Thad Matta said. "I'm still a little bit numb."

Terence Dials led the Buckeyes with 24 points, Sylvester and Ron Lewis each added 14 and Je'Kel Foster had 12.

"We never gave up," Lewis said. "The whole thing, the whole time, we were saying we couldn't give up, that we had to stay together. We knew we could get a victory if we put our minds to it."

LSU (7-4), rattled near the end with a lineup dominated by freshmen, was led by Glen "Big Baby" Davis' 25 points. Darrel Mitchell added 16, Tyrus Thomas had 14 points, 11 rebounds and five blocked shots and Tasmin Mitchell had 12 points.

"It's not Christmas, it's New Year's," LSU coach John Brady said. "But maybe we gave them a game."

Davis' basket off a backdoor lob pass with 3:23 left gave the Tigers a 76-66 lead. But that was the final points for an LSU team that had three freshmen in the starting lineup and six among its top nine players.

Foster hit a 3-pointer from the right wing with 2:25 left and, after a miss by Davis, Sylvester's 3-pointer bounced around the rim before falling with 1:44 remaining, cutting the lead to 76-72.

Darrel Mitchell's 3-pointer was off the mark and Dials rebounded. The Buckeyes pulled within a point on point guard Jamar Butler's only 3-pointer of the game as the clock hit the 1-minute mark.

After a timeout, the Tigers tried to regroup but Thomas' off-balance driving layup missed and the ball ended up going out of bounds off an Ohio State player with 36 seconds left. LSU inbounded again and guard Ben Voogd patiently dribbled out front. He passed quickly to Davis, whose hurried air ball from 18 feet resulted in a shot-clock violation with 22 seconds left.

Ohio State called a timeout and then tried to work the ball inside to Dials, but Foster ended up sandwiched between two defenders at the free throw line. The ball popped loose for an instant and he regained it, awkwardly tossing a pass to Sylvester who was unguarded in the left corner.

"I knew Syl was open, and I was hoping to get him the ball," Foster said. "They were doing a great job with their defense."

Sylvester set his feet, took his time and hit nothing but net on the 3-pointer as a crowd of 16,136 erupted.

Sylvester, whose 3-pointer with 5.1 seconds left beat Illinois in the final regular-season game last March, said a classmate in a badminton class gave him a string of beads before the game. The classmate promised him they would turn around his shooting woes.

"He gave me the beads and I shoved them in my sock. I had them there the whole game," Sylvester said. "Now I'll have to take him out for a steak dinner or something."

The teams traded timeouts before Voogd brought the ball up the court and passed to Davis, whose 20-footer with a second left was off the mark, Thomas failing to tip it in as the buzzer sounded.

The game was a perfect follow-up to the last meeting between the teams. LSU beat the Buckeyes 113-101 in double overtime on Jan. 15, 2005. Eleven players scored in double figures, and the Tigers outrebounded the Buckeyes -- who hit a school-record 18 3-pointers -- by 20.

LSU, leading the nation in rebounding margin, backed up that statistic with a 35-29 advantage on Saturday, its young and talented front line dominating beneath the baskets except for when Dials was making one-on-one moves.

"It felt like it was 105-29," Matta said of the rebounding differential.

The Tigers led by 13 points in the first half only to have the Buckeyes cut it to 43-39 at halftime.

Ohio State came in as one of only nine unbeatens left in Division I, the first time it had opened 9-0 since the 1990-91 team won its first 17 games.

"I think we kind of quit playing to win and (started) playing not to lose," Brady said. "We had it going. We just didn't finish it off. It's a game we let go."

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Thread Information