X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Anyone who thinks FORD is a psycho is themselves delusional.

No, FORD is not a psycho.

He's just your average garden-variety, off-the-shelf conspiracy theorist nut like yourself.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Part of a carefully thought-out plan...we deal with reality in this world.

And by calling us names, the sheep can feel safe while living in Neo-Con Fantasy-Land.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral You and Me, brother............And that's goes for both Dems and Repubs alike, Government as a whole is corrupt.
        Tis why the younger generation doesn't vote. Politics have gotten so ugly in their time, they've just accepted, "Whatever happens, happens."

Shame really when they get old and their SS or retirement plan pension is lower than what they expected.
        sigpic

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Not voting is just stupid, it's more of the same that got us where we are in the first place, people don't care enough to make a difference.

Steve, if what you stated is the truth then this country is truly dead to what our founding fathers envisioned.

The youth are our future and if they don't care, then we're fucked, period.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Anyone who thinks FORD is a psycho is themselves delusional.

And a true psycho will get pissed off enough to kill someone just because they were wearing a red tie that day....or some other equally irrational reason...

I was just giving FORD a little jab in good fun. I think he's quite well educated on the issues (far more than me) but I think he goes WAY OVERBOARD on the conspiracy theories.

I think it's absurd to think BUSH planned on the WTC and orchestrated mass murdrer.

However, the motivation to my thread is exactly that: Do people who have extreme opinions pose a danger to the president. I mean United States Citizens who have a strong view on the issues of IRAQ, New orleans, etc and are disturbed enough to do something crazy?

aAso, do those anonymous people who have influence over the president get nervous now that the truth is leaking out, and wish to protect their anonymity? I don't think the prseditn makes these decisions all on his own, but is influenced by others, some obvious and some probably anonymous.

I mean it to be a legitmate question of everyone's views. I am certainly NOT wishing it to happen nor would I advocate it. I see the passions the issues are raising and I think it's a legitimate concern.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
              Veteran
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
              Be careful there Steve, the degradation in this country cannot be blamed on those in office, it's the people that put them there that are responsible.
              You and Me, brother............And that's goes for both Dems and Repubs alike, Government as a whole is corrupt.

But as long as the "little people" keep fighting amongst themselves we're supposed to continue to ignore those facts.

That said, I could give two shits what a Canadian has to say about anything regarding America...
              I'm not sure. I do have my own opinions, but really can't speak for other Canadians. No matter what any of them may think, your president in no worse than our Government. Bush gets more attention because his gogvernment's policies affect the World, Canada is more or less irrlevant to world politics and influence.

My opinion is that Bush is misguided, short-sighted, narrow-viewed and easily influenced (partly due to lack of experience), but I don't think he's "evil" or in any way knew of or orchestrated or endored the WTC "conspiracy".

I do think the Iraq lies are outrageous. In my opinion, they should have taken out Hussein but for REAL reasons. They simply could have said "the guy's evil and kills innocent people, and we're putting a stop to that".

Whether anyone agrees or not, at least it would have been an honest reason.

But that's just me.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                You don't know much about psycho's, do ya?
                They would be more likely to try based on the type of dog food they feed their pooch than for anything he's done to the country.

Or some other non-sensical idead in their warped bean pods.

But more importantly, only the good Presidents have to worry about assassination.
                Bush is safe from that possibility and will ride off into the Texas sunset in january of '09.

And as for Impeachment, that will be determined i reckon.
                I've only seen years of accusations and nothing put forth that would warrant his removal from office, or he'd already be gone.
                The thing about Lynch Mobs is that they won't settle for anything less than a conviction either.
                So the whole idea of "Justice" kind of becomes selective in who actually recieves it, and this i find to be common in the minds of some Democrats.
                I believe that if someone is guilty of a crime they should pay the penalty for that crime if their guilt can be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt.
                But for those who have no faith in the System of Justice in this country there won't be any result, proven or not, that will please you short of a conviction and some would even call for an execution.
                The election in 2000 is a prime example of the lack of faith in most Democrats and their supporters. They cannot accept the outcome of a Constitutional Provision that their own Candidate caused by being selective in his county re-counts.
                Right off the bat if he had just said, "I want every Florida vote re-counted" then the burdon to do that in the time frame alloted would fall on Florida. If that deadline isn't met then the state has to vote again.
                Gore dicked around and played "Pick and Choose" like any good political puppet would.
                But a real Candidate for America would want an accurate snap shot of what the people chose, I would have screamed, "I want the entire state re-counted or a new election" and I wouldn't have settled or dropped my case for any reason until one or both were done.

The country and those in politics look at this shit as a game, something bad happens, turn on the spin machine and convince people what they saw happen didn't really happen...Like Seshmeister once said, "Americans treat politics like a football game", he was correct.

It's like a Super Bowl without Instant Replay. We are conditioned to accept the bad calls and are treated as though we have no right to question them...That isn't America boys and girls, that's Russia, China, North and South Korea...blah blah blah...

What is wrong with people?
                Is there something in the water that dried up our gonads to the point that we are the limpest Nation on earth?

Look, you wanna hug a tree and bitch about how we supply our demand for resources YOU fucking SHARE the USAGE of, fine, pick a tree and wait until the enemy gets by us armed bastards, and you can die for your tree.
                The world I grew up in died a long time ago, It may have even been dead before i was born, but i've had a good life just the same.

Politicians are the enemy if you ask me. there aren't any making it through that are worth a damn anymore and the ideas for our future are not coming from the left, only attempts to change the past which is why I became a Republican in the first place...they used to be about playing by the rules...neither side does that anymore so by God we are doomed to be eternally fucked in the ass.

Technology actually replaced the need to off a President. the office does not hold the importance as it once did when things could actually be kept "hush hush"...but today if there is something to know we will surely end up knowing it....But un-like the good Baaaa'ing Sheepshitter's grazing in the fields, I'm not willing to accept the bad calls anymore.
                If you can no longer think independantly, or act without associating yourself with a group of like-minded folk, then you're a Sheep: Un-cool, a tool, and covered in wool...A Sheep.

I'm no longer a Conservative, they don't exist anymore. I'm not crazy so becoming a Liberal is out of the question.
                Hell, I'm not even an Independant, I'm an American who is tired of seeing his homeland attempt to become the World's Daddy....

I heard two Liberal's the other day Bashing Bush and the funny thing is that during the discussion both were sharing views the other didn't agree with. But every time that happened they engaged in a two minute speech that bent and twisted their views from what they originally were to pretend that they actually agreed the whole time...I was amazed at how those two were able to lie to themselves just to conform, it was like a bad episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where the Borg just assymilated everyone...honestly, it was scary to think that they had voting power.
                I meant to ask if someone motivated by their strong ideals contrary to this government's actions would be unstable enough top "sn ap", based on those issues and passions.

I realize that any psycho can do bad things for their own "reasons".

My question could have been more detailed, but I mean can someone be passionate enopugh about the current issues to be stupid about it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

This is a silly topic...

Bush won't be harmed...

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                    Veteran
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    This is a silly topic...

Bush won't be harmed...

Why is it "silly?" I'm not saying he will be harmed, I'm saying are there people unbalanced enough to become radicals?

Maybe that would have been a better way to ask the question.

Someone may have thoguht the idea of a lone gunman going after Reagan for no apprent reason, and that's exactly what happened.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                      are there people unbalanced enough to become radicals?

Sure, but I don't think the political atmosphere is currently being heated to such a point...

Even with all the FORDs out there, they're harmless...

Lazy too...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Someone may have thoguht the idea of a lone gunman going after Reagan for no apprent reason, and that's exactly what happened.
                        BTW, you need to read your posts befor hitting 'submit reply'...

Often, your posts read as if thoughts or words have been left out...

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

Sure, but I don't think the political atmosphere is currently being heated to such a point...

Even with all the FORDs out there, they're harmless...

Lazy too...

Fair enough. I only thought of the topic after rading so many posts of the conspiracists thinking the WTC was mass murder by your Government, etc. The TV news isn't necessarily truly reflective of individual opinion, though sometimes the media likes to portary themselves as such.

People believe that so strongly who knows what religious or political crusader would do something extreme.
                          I don't live there, so I don't have friends, relatives, etc to take the pulse of the concensus.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

BTW, you need to read your posts befor hitting 'submit reply'...

Often, your posts read as if thoughts or words have been left out...

Not to mention the spelling...............I type too fast

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Will CHIMPY be Assassinated?

What do you think?

He's destroying the United States to the point of no-repair. Do you think any super-patriot will take him out?

He won't be impeached, so please don't use that cop-out. Give me a serious response.

What do you honestly think are the possibilities of this?
                              Ew yuck, dis is da worst thead i've eva seen..

bush isn't running anything he's a puppet..

LOOK WHO PULLS THE PUPPET'S STRINGS!

it's not even civilized t2o speculate on dis subject..

yoo peeps are disturbed..

like da American West let's just have a big shoot out wit his mmen and drive him outta TOWN!

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

I don't live there, so I don't have friends, relatives, etc to take the pulse of the concensus.
                                Sometimes this forum (believe it or not) does a pretty good job of representing the 'pulse' of the people...

Comment

Working...