X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
    I'm pretty sure the issue with aviation fuel is that it's still leaded.. not a good idea for a street car at all.
    I just checked and AV gas does have lead in it so yeah it would destroy the catalytic converters in a modern street car. You can't have ethanol in AV gas because it absorbs water and creates all sorts of problems. Lead is an excellent lubricant. I'm sure it's in the AV gasl to assist in engine reliability. Aircraft engines pretty much run hard and they need to be reliable. There's a big controversy about getting the lead out of AV gas but it's added for a reason.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I just checked and AV gas does have lead in it so yeah it would destroy the catalytic converters in a modern street car. You can't have ethanol in AV gas because it absorbs water and creates all sorts of problems. Lead is an excellent lubricant. I'm sure it's in the AV gasl to assist in engine reliability. Aircraft engines pretty much run hard and they need to be reliable. There's a big controversy about getting the lead out of AV gas but it's added for a reason.
      I wish they'd get ethanol the fuck out of gas though..
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Kristy
        Looks like another middle aged crisis penismobile.
        When I completely give up I'm getting one of these...

I'll buy it used from a rental car dealer, of course.
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Well, the color is nice. Go with the two-door. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I keep reading that the Hellcat will be used in a Grand Cherokee, but not as an SRT model. FCA has trademarked "Trackhawk" as a name and that's what the "experts" think a Hellcat GC will be named.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Me either. Fuck Generic Motors.

I can't believe all the GM suck dicks still buying their junk, after they stole all that money from them.
              And Chrysler-Fiat didn't?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Some major chains sell "racing fuel" out of the pumps. One did here, at least as of four years ago. I was at the station recently (a Delta Sonic, a local carwash and detail chain that now has gas and oil change bays as well). I think it was 100 octane, but boosting octane doesn't do much if the engine compression is not designed for it.

You're better off using "Top Tier Gas" that has added detergent, at least twice the Federal minimum...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Talking of which I have to admit the most fun stupid car I ever had was my FIAT Coupe Turbo thing.

A very silly car. I'm amazed there are a few still on the roads, I only had mine for a few years back around 2000 and it fell to bits.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Talking of which I have to admit the most fun stupid car I ever had was my FIAT Coupe Turbo thing.

A very silly car. I'm amazed there are a few still on the roads, I only had mine for a few years back around 2000 and it fell to bits.

LOL Fiat only entered the market back here in like 2008 with the 500. The 500Abarth is kind of cool, but some of the newer Chryslers are based on Fiat platforms (the Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200). There are rumors that Alfa is coming back to Fiat dealerships as well...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah that thing was basically an Alpha Romeo it was designed by the Ferrari guy. 0-60 in 6 seconds it was a ton of fun. It had the smallest ashtray I have ever seen it literally could only hold one cigarette and only then once it had been smoked.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Alpha Romeo cars are like marrying a stripper. They are lovely to look at but it's not going to end well.
                        Even knowing this I was tempted into taking a used one for a 10 minute test drive once.
                        The engine burst into flames when we hit 40...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Alpha Romeo cars are like marrying a stripper. They are lovely to look at but it's not going to end well.
                          Even knowing this I was tempted into taking a used one for a 10 minute test drive once.
                          The engine burst into flames when we hit 40...
                          LOL Even after leaving the market in the 80's, they had a dedicated following here. There was a used car dealership in the heart of one of the most affluent parts of town that specialized in Euro stuff and had the moniker on the dealership. They've moved on to older Audis and Beamers now. I think the new Alfas, like Fiats, are more reliable in general. Pretty much everything is, even the shittiest most pedestrian car is light years ahead of cars even 20 years ago...

I'll admit I'm wrong about the Challenger Hellcat if Von lets me drive his.

There's a gently used "Bumble Bee" SRT 392 Hemi Challenger that only generates 470-bhp with a 6-speed manual for only $40,000 at a nearby dealership here. It's a nice car. Or you can buy the Viper in the showroom marked down to only $110,000...

I meant "Yellow Jacket"
                          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-30-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At the time I had the FIAT Coupe thing I hired a Mustang Convertible to take us from the Dave/Hagar gig in 2002 from Tampa down to the Keys. It cost about $700 for the week and was hugely disappointing slow and boring.

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              No, they didn't. They paid theirs back.

Generic Motors formed a "New GM", and stiffed you, me and every other red blooded tax paying citizen in these United States, out of billions of dollars that we never had a say in giving them, because your president is all about handouts. They blamed it on the "Old GM", and told your Government, and you, to fuck off.

Your president let them get away with stealing from him, and you. Why don't you just refuse to pay your taxes Nick? Then when they come to collect, tell them to fuck off, you ain't paying. See if you get treated over pennies, like GM got treated over billions. That shit corrupt company should be out of business.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

At the time I had the FIAT Coupe thing I hired a Mustang Convertible to take us from the Dave/Hagar gig in 2002 from Tampa down to the Keys. It cost about $700 for the week and was hugely disappointing slow and boring.
                                It was a V6!

Comment

Working...