X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That's not hating, that's the real world. 11.4 on a prepped track? I'm not saying it's not fast but what I am saying is it's not the king.. a lightly modded, and I mean LIGHTLY, GT500 will walk it all day long.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Bullshit...

It's difficult to launch 707hp...

A "lightly modded" Hellcat will destroy the Rustang or any factory street car...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

:fordsucks:

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

And no way can the GT500 hang with the new Z06...

Comment

• VAiN
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Bullshit...

It's difficult to launch 707hp...

A "lightly modded" Hellcat will destroy the Rustang or any factory street car...
            Doubt it.. they're heavy cars. They're quick but fucking heavy. The Mustang will always make the same power as shown on the dyno and be a few hundred pounds lighter. The average guy who gets into one thinking he's just going to mash the fun pedal and blast off is sadly mistaking. Like you said, it's hard to launch.
            I think there will be a ton of these: https://autos.yahoo.com/news/2015-do...dxMQR2dGlkAw--
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

And no way can the GT500 hang with the new Z06...
              I'm willing to bet the GT350 hangs with it on the track.. let's wait and see. The Vette is badass, but I really don't dig that new hard edge style yet.. it's too over the top for my taste.

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Oh, and I think the Vette in that video needs the driver mod.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                  The Vette is badass, but I really don't dig that new hard edge style yet.. it's too over the top for my taste.
                  I like it, but it already looks old to me...

Like every GM vehicle...

Comment

• Never was
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2012

The new Vette is sweet until you get to the back end styling wise. WTF happened there? Overall I'm glad they were more aggressive with the styling. Perfomance wise the Vette is just a brilliant value. I drove a hellcat a month ago in Alabama and could not help turning off traction control and going all dukes of hazard with that thing. Was hugely fun to throw around in a 15 year old kind of way but it is not a performance car by any means and the build quality sucks balls. It is very fast and very fun but not a performance car and not one that would be enjoyable on an everyday basis in my view. Fun weekend car to beat on

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Doubt it.. they're heavy cars. They're quick but fucking heavy.
                      Well, when I get mine (and I will) the wife and I will take you to dinner and the track...

But I've seen those low 1/4 mile times...

I've put 9000 miles on my 2008 Super Bee so far and my mods to date are removed mufflers and resonators and added a CAI...

According to the computer, my best 1/4 mile is 13.8 at 109.4...

The car has great midrange power, but it's hard to launch...

It's best to just roll into the throttle and let it do it's thing...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Never was
                        The new Vette is sweet until you get to the back end styling wise. WTF happened there?...
                        And the fact that the oil filters sometimes tend to implode launching the engines within 10,000 miles...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Never was
                          it is not a performance car by any means and the build quality sucks balls.
                          That makes me not believe you...

I've had a new Challenger and now a Charger and the build quality to me on both cars is very impressive...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            And the fact that the oil filters sometimes tend to implode launching the engines within 10,000 miles...
                            Stop reading magazines and buy a real car...

Comment

• Never was
                              Foot Soldier
                              • May 2012

Eh the filters thing is typical first year model crap. Especially common on American and English cars. That type thing you can tweak, make a day change on the assembly line and work through. They won't re-style for a few years so the rear end will be there awhile and I love vettes but that end is just does not go with that car. Build quality on the vette is over all much improved. Not German standards, but for the money hard to find a car as good in terms of performance.

Comment

• Never was
                                Foot Soldier
                                • May 2012

That makes me not believe you...

I've had a new Challenger and now a Charger and the build quality to me on both cars is very impressive...
                                It is fast and fun but too damn heavy with a back end that is not designed for performance, just isn't. Drive M series, Porsche, Ferrari their weight distribution and ability to hold a turn is simply not what the hellcat is. Just isn't sorry. It is a great car and fun but no not a performance car. Fast as shit, absolutely. I like it not knocking it but applying performance standards to it is not fair since that is not how it was designed.

It is not Euro thing either when I say performance. I had a clk black series was crazy fast, great performance car on a track but an absolutely miserable, I mean miserable car to drive daily to the store little league etc... The damn thing had issues with making a u tern (seriously) and was just too damn stiff. Finally I called in a favor started from scratch and now have a factory custom AMG as daily driver that is actually comfortable, but not really a performance car. It has 572 HP, and corners brilliant but super comfortable. Great car but on a track against full performance cars would be toast, too heavy, too much roll etc...

Hellcat does what it does extremely well, is super fast (faster than any mustang) is hugely fun, and looks good in an American retro way. It is not a performance car, and frankly if they made it one a lot of the fun, charm, and likely looks would evaporate.
                                Last edited by Never was; 01-09-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...