• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Zimmerman a kid diddler?

George Zimmerman's cousin accuses him of sexual molestation

George Zimmerman, the man charged with the murder of a black teenager in Florida, has now also been accused of sexually molesting his cousin. In other developments relating to the case, supporters of Zimmerman aim to postpone plans for a memorial for the slain teenager.

By Barbara Liston, Reuters / July 16, 2012

George Zimmerman, who is charged in the shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, was accused by his female cousin of sexually molesting her for a decade beginning when she was 6 years old, according to new documents made public on Monday by prosecutors.

After it came out she never told the details about what happened and now says it's the first time she isn't afraid of him.

The name of the relative was deleted from an audio tape version of her witness statement that was released to the media. Identified only as Witness No. 9, she would be about age 27 now.

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, confirmed the woman was the former neighborhood watch volunteer's cousin.

RECOMMENDED: How 5 young black men see the Trayvon Martin case

It is not immediately clear why prosecutors released the molestation allegation or whether they plan to use it in court if Zimmerman goes on trial.

"Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations," O'Mara said in a statement.

In a motion filed in June to keep the accusation under wraps, O'Mara argued the statement by Witness 9 was uncorroborated and irrelevant to the murder case.

He wrote at the time that its disclosure would lead to "widespread hostile publicity which would substantially impair (Zimmerman's) fair trial rights."

Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth R. Lester , who is presiding over the case, ordered the document released under Florida's public records law.O'Mara made an unsuccessful 11th hour attempt on Monday to stop the public release of the statement, filing a motion barely four minutes before prosecutors' scheduled release of the audio recording.He also filed a motion on Friday requesting the judge recuse himself, arguing that Lester has displayed b ias a nd Zimmerman be lieves he will not be given a fair trial.

O'Mara also sought to seal about 145 of Zimmerman's jailhouse phone calls which were also released on Monday. The calls included conversations Zimmerman had with his wife and other family members an d friends about his jail conditions, media handling and his finances.

Part of the woman's statement was released last week in which she told investigators in a separate recorded statement that Zimmerman's family was known to be racist, but she did not recall any specific statement or act by Zimmerman to illustrate the point.

Zimmerman is accused of second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of Martin. He claims he shot the 17-year-old in self-defense.

The woman told investigators during a taped interview that the last time Zimmerman molested her she was 16 and Zimmerman, a new high school graduate at the time, was temporarily living alone in a house his parents had just purchased in Lake Mary, Florida.
    'Not Afraid of Him' Now

Asked why she waited until March 20 of this year to tell her story to law enforcement, the woman said, "This is the first time in my life that I'm not afraid of him ... he can't get to me."

The woman described Zimmerman molesting her during annual family get-togethers and trips.

The woman said she finally told her parents in 2005 when she was 20. She said her parents called Zimmerman to a meeting at a pizza restaurant in Lake Mary."

Instead of talking about it, all he did was come in the room, come in the restaurant, he sat down on the end of the booth and he said 'I'm sorry' and just got up and walked out ... my parents, their jaws dropped," the woman said.

She said her mother discouraged her from taking further action at the time, saying it would be his word against hers, and she would wind up in jail.

In a separate development, a Zimmerman supporter and former neighbor, Frank Taaffe, told Reuters he planned to go door-to-door on Monday in the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the subdivision where Martin was gunned down, to collect signatures to protest any permanent memorial for Martin in the neighborhood.

Taaffe, echoing Zimmerman's claim that he merely defended himself against Martin's alleged aggression, said any memorial should await the conclusion of the trial.

"Why are we memorializing a potential - potential - aggressor?" Taaffe said.

A makeshift memorial set up at a neighborhood entrance after Martin's death was removed last week by the city of Sanford after some residents complained they did not want the killing to define their neighborhood.

They also said the highly publicized case was bringing down property values, according to city manager Norton Bonaparte.

Bonaparte said the city packed up items left at the memorial and stored them in a local museum. He said he agreed to meet on Tuesday with a local group that wants a permanent memorial to Martin.

(Editing by David Adams, Kevin Gray and Cynthia Osterman)

Christian Science Monitor

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

This revelation isn't really relevant to the fact that Zimmerman's a MURDERER, but boy, is he a huge P.O.S. overall or what?? His family sucks, too.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

You believe anything...

Sent from your moms junky droid...

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          You believe anything...

Dude, you have zero cred, so stop acting like you do.
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

What do I need "cred" for ??

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

What do I need "cred" for ??

a loan
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

What do I need a loan for ??

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

What do I need a loan for ??
                  To buy a fucking CLUE.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Is that what you did ??

If so, you got ripped off...

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

#FAIL.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I agree, you failed...

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I agree, you failed...
                          "I know you are, but what am I"....that's the best you've got...you fail at failing.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• baru911
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jun 2012

http://

This old dude is OK in my book. Sorry about the ad.
                            Last edited by baru911; 07-17-2012, 07:46 PM.
                            Just remember boys and girls, to get Nick the Dick and his partner FORD off your porch when they come to your home you just need to pay them for the pizza.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I think these accusations of molestation are a little too coincidental. Why now, y'know?

I've not really been following this story - it doesn't get much coverage in the UK - when is the trial?
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                I think these accusations of molestation are a little too coincidental. Why now, y'know?

I've not really been following this story - it doesn't get much coverage in the UK - when is the trial?

The thing that gets me about it is Zimmerman's lawyer could have gotten it suppressed (much as I think he's a murderous scumbag, it's barely relevant to this case - if at all), but he missed the deadline to file the motion... I mean, what a dumb ass.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...