Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BumBahDeeDah
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

I hope they do aat least three songs so Dave can nail one at least. Will they sit down on the couch? They should make Dave watch the Downtown sessions and point out the times he steps on Al. Maybe he'd be receptive and get away from that. If they interview, it'll probably be Dave by himself, or Ed and Wolf for the father/son angle.

Or I could be full of guesses.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I love bum notes because it's real.

3:46 Brian hits a wrong note - great! It validates the rest of the performance.

Ozzy supposedly played live on the biggest chat show here promoting his last solo album a while back and he mimed to a 'live' recording with different guitar parts and reverb to the album with everything carefully pretend miked up. Fuck that!

In the midst of all this negativity about the new album we should maybe at least salute the integrity of it.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I really don't want to hear Ed gush about wolf. Let's hope it's Dave.
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          You lot can be a bunch of pissy bastards sometimes.

Was this the last time Dave played live VH on TV? I have every confidence that the Van Halen's can live up to Dave's previous band...
          It is pretty cool at around 2:34 onwards...
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
            I really don't want to hear Ed gush about wolf. Let's hope it's Dave.
            Maybe they will just play and it won't be an interview.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
              I really don't want to hear Ed gush about wolf.
              Oh I'm sure it would be "This was all Wolfie's idea"..."magic ear buds"..."he's the real leader of the band"...Yay - just what I want to hear: A 24 year old kid, who has no point of reference for why Van Halen was Van Halen, is now leader of the band. Great.

And before somebody comes along and says "Wolfgang has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of every single time Van Halen practiced, performed, recorded, toured, knows every single detail from every" blah blah fuckity BLAH. You take a fuckin Martian and put him in that band and what would he know? What he's read on the interwebz and seen on youtube. Plus you let Ed tell him stories for say 3 weeks straight, nonstop. That would pretty much encompass Wolfie's knowledge of the band. And that's not a knock against Wolfie or any other 16 year old they could have picked to play bass. It's just the fuckin truth.

And no, it didn't have to be Mikey, since Ed is a total douche. But for cryin out loud - did it have to be a kid?

Oh yeah, back on topic, I hope they kick ass on Ellen.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I do miss old Dave sometimes...

Scrubbing the stage? He doesn't even show up for soundchecks but whatever it's a fun mythology.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  ...since Ed is a total douche.
                  Partial. Sammy's a total.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Oh I'm sure it would be "This was all Wolfie's idea"..."magic ear buds"..."he's the real leader of the band"...Yay - just what I want to hear: A 24 year old kid, who has no point of reference for why Van Halen was Van Halen, is now leader of the band. Great.

And before somebody comes along and says "Wolfgang has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of every single time Van Halen practiced, performed, recorded, toured, knows every single detail from every" blah blah fuckity BLAH. You take a fuckin Martian and put him in that band and what would he know? What he's read on the interwebz and seen on youtube. Plus you let Ed tell him stories for say 3 weeks straight, nonstop. That would pretty much encompass Wolfie's knowledge of the band. And that's not a knock against Wolfie or any other 16 year old they could have picked to play bass. It's just the fuckin truth.

And no, it didn't have to be Mikey, since Ed is a total douche. But for cryin out loud - did it have to be a kid?

Oh yeah, back on topic, I hope they kick ass on Ellen.
                    There was a TV show here back in the late 90s that had a fun feature where they got famous stars and had them do a quiz against their hardcore fans about their career and they almost always lost.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Partial. Sammy's a total.
                      No, he's not. Everybody owes Slappy a big Thank YOU for keeping Ed recording and touring all those crappy years. Otherwise Ed would be washing your windshield at that intersection in town you hate. The one with the extra long red light. You know, the one where you can almost never turn left because of all the oncoming traffic...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        There was a TV show here back in the late 90s that had a fun feature where they got famous stars and had them do a quiz against their hardcore fans about their career and they almost always lost.
                        And thus you have just indirectly supported my argument that nobody in Van Halen is sitting on 7 million miles of pro shot tape.

Anybody here ever wished they had pictures of this or video of that? You know, that awesome story you tell all the time but have no photographic proof to back it up. That's probably close to the truth as to why Van Halen hasn't released this or that. There's probably not so much to release. If it existed we would have seen it by now, albeit in rough 37th generation copy format. But it would be somewhere. And just because something was shot doesn't mean it wasn't tossed or recorded over.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Nope. Hagar is a total douche.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No, he's not. Everybody owes Slappy a big Thank YOU for keeping Ed recording and touring all those crappy years. Otherwise Ed would be washing your windshield at that intersection in town you hate. The one with the extra long red light. You know, the one where you can almost never turn left because of all the oncoming traffic...
                            Why would Ed be in Tacoma?

Seriously 90% of the lights in that fucking city don't even have goddamned left turn arrows yet.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

No, he's not. Everybody owes Slappy a big Thank YOU for keeping Ed recording and touring all those crappy years...
                              No one owes him anything. He was no knight on a white horse. He's just some guy Van Halen might never have considered, had his Lambourgini not broken down. The post Roth period of VH was going to be checked out, no matter who they put in there. Ed wasn't creeping death when Dave left. He was in '04, though. And a total douche exploited that fact to sell a book about his own life. Total douche move. Constantly running his mouth on the subject of Van Halen only echoes that fact.
                              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 03-20-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Ed wasn't creeping death when Dave left. He was in '04, though. And a total douche exploited that fact to sell a book about his own life. Total douche move. Constantly running his mouth on the subject of Van Halen only echoes that fact.
                                And Al, Ed's brother, had no idea Ed was about to check out? Really? I never read Sam's book. I've read excerpts here and there, but I never bought it. So it was Sam's job to make sure Ed was in tip top shape but not his own brother?

And as far as the mouth running goes....Sure, Slappy shot his off waayyy too much about Dave back in the day. But was that him shitting on Dave OR was it him joining in on the "back stage" BS that the brothers, and Mikey, were blasting to anyone who would listen? I'm no Sammy lover but put yourself in that situation....

Slappy, from whatever confluence of events, became the new lead singer. There are interviews out the ass where Ed raved about him. There's video of Al - who never wrote a note - saying Dave was a 12 year tooth ache. And Sam was the gold crown that replaced him. Ed and Al sucked off Sammy in the press every chance they had.

My point is this: Ed trots out whatever version of VH - I'll even say this - Ed trots out whatever version of Van Fucking Halen that He thinks is the definitive version, whenever it suits him. Ed is a deluded moron. Al just wants to cash in. Dave...Dave just wanted to be back in. And he did whatever it took to get back in that band - including allowing some little kid to play bass and pretend to sing. Why else would he say at Cafe Wha? that it was all real and live? And then go on to tell RS that he wanted Mikey back?

I honestly don't give two shits what this band does tomorrow or 7 years from now. It will always be Dave, Al, Ed, and Wolfie. And no matter how hard anyone tries to listen to live cuts from any show, it ain't fucking Van Halen. It ain't. It will never sound right and anybody who caught the first tour who thought a 16 year old kid DESERVED to be up there is a moron.

But I do hope they rock the Ellen show. Because that's what Van Fucking Halen should do. Play on a show that airs in the afternoon. That's genius marketing. Showing up to a show that NOBODY you know ever watches on a regular basis. Hell, it's almost as big of a stroke of genius as having ONE billboard advertise the pic of the album cover of ADKOT. Seeing as how they stole it straight off another record. And there were 37 people here who even fuckin knew it would be there and knew what it was...

Comment

Working...