Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    His mom should get him a Jenny Craig discount.
    That crap is a scam...

Ever read the ingredients ??

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
      First thoughts are that these guys were enjoying themselves.
      I haven't seen one song yet...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by perrin29
        In my opinion I thought they sounded and looked great not to mention happy. And of course all the keyboard cowboys/girls come out to shit on them. I saw Motley Crue on there last year when they announced the final run and Vince could barely sing let alone move. And for cracking his nose up Dave recovered and delivered. I'd rather any day to see Dave fronting these guys and giving what he does than listening to Right Now and Dreams with Sammy doing jumping jacks, wearing his pajamas and his advertisement t-shirts.
        There's a fine line between "shitting on them" and giving a critical evaluation. The hardcore nut jobs here (myself included) have dropped countless amounts of money and invested ourselves in this band for 30+ years. I think we've earned the right to criticize when it's warranted.

Again...when it's warranted...not just for the sake of criticizing.

I'm a proud Van Halen fan. But I'm not a sheep. Blind worship and praise usually doesn't do anybody any good in the end.
        Originally posted by perilouspete
        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Pretty good performance. I think they sounded great.

I think it was actually a bit of a disservice to Dave that they cut the mic stand accident or at least didn't explain it somehow. He's getting ragged on via social media when, in reality, he fuckin' manned up and "played hurt" as they say. Show Must Go On and all that.
          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Well, I saw the nose thing...

Dave's an idiot...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

And after watching that crap you can purchase this gem...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Sounds better slow...

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                  There's a fine line between "shitting on them" and giving a critical evaluation. The hardcore nut jobs here (myself included) have dropped countless amounts of money and invested ourselves in this band for 30+ years. I think we've earned the right to criticize when it's warranted.

Again...when it's warranted...not just for the sake of criticizing.

I'm a proud Van Halen fan. But I'm not a sheep. Blind worship and praise usually doesn't do anybody any good in the end.
                  Criticism can be good absolutely. The bulk of the comments I've read on twitter and facebook are "Wolf's fat", "Dave sucks" "bring back Sammy and Mike". Check the profile pics on some of commenters...maybe they haven't seen a fucking mirror cause no ones paying to seeing them with their duds off.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

I am from england , Its the place Van Halen Dont go.
                    I got to be honest with you I could have a shit load of beer and then go watch that lot play for two hours no problem. It looked and sounded cool to me.

I honestly think an equal part of van halen live is the visual aspect. Its totally possible for a live cd to suck and Van Halen still be great to go and enjoy ....... I suspect
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by perrin29
                      Criticism can be good absolutely. The bulk of the comments I've read on twitter and facebook are "Wolf's fat", "Dave sucks" "bring back Sammy and Mike". Check the profile pics on some of commenters...maybe they haven't seen a fucking mirror cause no ones paying to seeing them with their duds off.
                      Thanks for clarifying. I thought you were talking about comments made here.

But when you say Twitter and Facebook...well, just consider the source. The mental midgets that flood those two "social media platforms" generally aren't worth any time or attention.

In addition to being a proud VH fan, I'm also a proud NON-PARTICIPANT in Twitter and Facebook.
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        I am from england , Its the place Van Halen Dont go.
                        I got to be honest with you I could have a shit load of beer and then go watch that lot play for two hours no problem. It looked and sounded cool to me.

I honestly think an equal part of van halen live is the visual aspect. Its totally possible for a live cd to suck and Van Halen still be great to go and enjoy ....... I suspect
                        I hear ya Vandy...and I feel bad for you blokes. You're always on the short end of the VH stick when it comes to tours.

For you, this must be like finding a 55 gallon drum of water in the middle of the desert.

For us, it's like finding a 55 gallon drum of water in a spring water manufacturing facility.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                          In addition to being a proud VH fan, I'm also a proud NON-PARTICIPANT in Twitter and Facebook.
                          Amen to that !!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

OK, I've heard Panama and RWTD...

This stuff blows away the Tokyo album...

Everything about it sounds better...

Especially Dave nailing some worthy screams here and there...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

They all look awful though...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                OK, I've heard Panama and RWTD...

This stuff blows away the Tokyo album...

Everything about it sounds better...

Especially Dave nailing some worthy screams here and there...
                                Just heard RWTD and it did sound pretty good. As long as Dave keeps himself in check, it can be worthwhile.

Looking forward to hearing the rest later.

Comment

Working...