VIP Ticket ideas ??? Any soundcheck Meet&greets ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GETREADYYYYY
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Mar 2015

VIP Ticket ideas ??? Any soundcheck Meet&greets ?

Any info on vip this tour ..
    1) sound check
    2) at least a Wolfie meet and greet . Quite sure the rest won't
    3) cost on tix .. Other than ticketmaster premium

Anybody got a password yet ?
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

They'll announce that soon enough.. Expect to pay between $500-$1000 depending on seating. I paid $600 in 2012 and got row 5 center.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Well, personally, I won't waste my money on any phony "meet & greet" that does NOT involve, you know, an actual "meet & greet"....

Some people disagree with that, and yeah, the backstage tour would be cool, a few measly trinkets and have some drinks with other fans, etc.,etc.....

But it ain't worth $700-$1000....

Now if they had an actual meet & greet? I'd be there....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We had heard stories about sound check but Dave typically doesn't go to those. Expect to hear some songs that aren't on the setlist though.

After seeing the swag that some VIP people got...meh. I'd skip it.

In 2007 we got 12th row tickets for the Montreal show that originally were part of the VIP sale. EVH's side of the stage. Face value, instead of the inflated VIP price.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't think people can object as long as it is exactly clear what you are getting.

It's a demographic thing, the Van Halen one is now at the age where it includes a bunch of people with money to burn and that's up to them I guess.

I've never paid money to meet someone and I've never asked anyone for an autograph. A pic maybe but I wouldn't pay for it ever with anyone but that's just me.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Well, personally, I won't waste my money on any phony "meet & greet" that does NOT involve, you know, an actual "meet & greet"....

Some people disagree with that, and yeah, the backstage tour would be cool, a few measly trinkets and have some drinks with other fans, etc.,etc.....

But it ain't worth $700-$1000....

Now if they had an actual meet & greet? I'd be there....
            With all the work you've done around here over the years, I would expect a meet and greet to be Dave's treat and involve dinner for 4 at his house and a night out at some swanky dive bar.

Peace
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
              We had heard stories about sound check but Dave typically doesn't go to those. Expect to hear some songs that aren't on the setlist though.

After seeing the swag that some VIP people got...meh. I'd skip it.

In 2007 we got 12th row tickets for the Montreal show that originally were part of the VIP sale. EVH's side of the stage. Face value, instead of the inflated VIP price.

Yeah, me too, my son and I at UVA, 6th row at face value...

Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 03-24-2015, 08:21 PM.

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

The VIP swag goes up on ebay the day after each show.

But a Wolfie meet and greet?? Are you kidding? Nothing against the guy at all, but would people pay money to get an autograph or a pic with him? I mean, it ain't like it's Dave, or Al, or Ed. What would you even say? "I just wanted to tell you that the band that you weren't in meant has meant so much to me all these years. Please tell Ed and Dave I said so!"

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                  Dave no longer does sound checks, not for the last 10 years and he certainly wouldn't do a meet and greet.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Dave no longer does sound checks, not for the last 10 years and he certainly wouldn't do a meet and greet.
                    I want him to come out, do his Ninja routine, then drive me around the arena in a golf cart while we chug 24 ounce beers and yell rude things at 50 year old women!
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                      With all the work you've done around here over the years, I would expect a meet and greet to be Dave's treat and involve dinner for 4 at his house and a night out at some swanky dive bar.

Peace

I don't foresee any perks this time around, unfortunately....

Circumstances have changed behind the scenes...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have friend that owns a venue here so I've ended up with him taking bands out on the town who are not big now but you will definitely have heard of and I think I couldn't do as well if I was a huge fan of them and I also wouldn't. 'Hi, what's your name, I'm Sesh would you like a beer' is a much better start to a conversation than 'Your music changed my life 20 years ago'.
                        Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-24-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I have friend that owns a venue here so I've ended up with him taking bands who are not big now but you will have heard of around and I think I couldn't do as well if I was a huge fan of them and I also wouldn't. 'Hi, what's your name, I'm Sesh would you like a beer' is a much better start to a conversation than 'Your music changed my life 20 years ago'.

I can confidently say that I would fuck up any opportunity to say anything to any of them besides "Thank You"...

If me and Romeo Delight would have stayed at the Forum show for 10 more minutes, we would have met Wolf, he came out to the floor after the show, met Brett and Jeff and their wives....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I don't foresee any perks this time around, unfortunately....

Circumstances have changed behind the scenes...
                            Those were tiny crumbs in any case. Tiny for this site and tiny in how it could be used to promote them.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Those were tiny crumbs in any case. Tiny for this site and tiny in how it could be used to promote them.
                              In an overall point of view, yeah I'd agree....

But they were nice gestures....

I know I sure appreciated it...

Comment

Working...