VIP Ticket ideas ??? Any soundcheck Meet&greets ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    I can confidently say that I would fuck up any opportunity to say anything to any of them besides "Thank You"...

If me and Romeo Delight would have stayed at the Forum show for 10 more minutes, we would have met Wolf, he came out to the floor after the show, met Brett and Jeff and their wives....
    Trust me that would not have been a life changing event for you...

Comment

• scott b
      Groupie
      • Jun 2005

Donniep i am laughing my ass off from that post. That was fucking hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Trust me that would not have been a life changing event for you...

No, but Valerie was there also, that would have made my night....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

No, but Valerie was there also, that would have made my night....
          Why? Chubby girls are a dime a dozen...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Why? Chubby girls are a dime a dozen...

She was back to skinny Val back then....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In an overall point of view, yeah I'd agree....

But they were nice gestures....

I know I sure appreciated it...
              To put it in the context of a normal band the site was given the 'School friend of the guitar tech package'.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

I don't foresee any perks this time around, unfortunately....

Circumstances have changed behind the scenes...
                We Us You got some pretty fine attention accolades back in 2007 from DLR personally as far as I am concerned this site was given some quality swag from the toastmaster general himself.

We fook around diss this diss that, wander aimlessly thru our DLR CVH, 12 step program haze and in the end they know it is still about how excellent CVH and their members are were and continue to be, that is what we are all aboot.
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Heater
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  I want him to come out to me, do his Ninja routine, then drive me around the arena in a golf cart while I blow him and yell rude things at 50 year old women!
                  Sounds about right, line up everyone!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Ah, you tried. I'll give you that much.
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                      We Us You got some pretty fine attention accolades back in 2007 from DLR personally as far as I am concerned this site was given some quality swag from the toastmaster general himself.
                      Yeah, from DLR personally. It's funny how people think Diamond Dave is David Lee Roth.

Dave has never done sound check. The one time he did it, a few years ago, Val's brother even commented that it was the first time ever.

When I got to sit in on the closed sound check in 2007, (NOBODY was allowed in, not even arena staff) I was standing there talking to Doug (the sound guy) and Ed walks up like 2 feet from me. He starts talking to some of the guys, and then he turns and asks Doug who I am. Doug said "Oh, he's with me". I was shitting myself because I was that close to Ed, and I thought for sure he was going to throw me out. Doug told me to just blend in, and not to do anything stupid. Wolf sang the whole sound check. If my memory serves me, they played "Outta Love Again" and I recorded a snippet on my phone. I'm sure I still have it on a computer somewhere. I was nervous as fuck because I was specifically told not to let them see me even looking at my phone, or anything I could record or take pics with. I never posted it anywhere, nor would I. I remember running into someone I think was a member here, or maybe from DDLR at one time, that had driven up from Tennessee or somewhere down south, and wasn't going to use my pass anymore, so I gave it to him. This was before the show. He came back and told me he wandered into Dave backstage, and basically said the typical fan stuff to him. He brought me the pass back, but I told him to keep it.

Backstage isn't all it's cracked up to be. In fact, the best time ever was when I was in the dressing room with Ray, and Perry Ferrell's girlfriend came in and hung out. She was fucking SMOKING hot! I wouldn't pay big money to say hello to these guys, or probably any other band. Kiss charging a grand to take a picture with them, is a fucking joke.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Here's Von...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                          Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Yeah, from DLR personally. It's funny how people think Diamond Dave is David Lee Roth.

Dave has never done sound check. The one time he did it, a few years ago, Val's brother even commented that it was the first time ever.

When I got to sit in on the closed sound check in 2007, (NOBODY was allowed in, not even arena staff) I was standing there talking to Doug (the sound guy) and Ed walks up like 2 feet from me. He starts talking to some of the guys, and then he turns and asks Doug who I am. Doug said "Oh, he's with me". I was shitting myself because I was that close to Ed, and I thought for sure he was going to throw me out. Doug told me to just blend in, and not to do anything stupid. Wolf sang the whole sound check. If my memory serves me, they played "Outta Love Again" and I recorded a snippet on my phone. I'm sure I still have it on a computer somewhere. I was nervous as fuck because I was specifically told not to let them see me even looking at my phone, or anything I could record or take pics with. I never posted it anywhere, nor would I. I remember running into someone I think that was a member here, or maybe from DDLR at one time, that had driven up from Tennessee or somewhere down south, and wasn't going to use my pass anymore, so I gave it to him. This was before the show. He came back and told me he wandered into Dave backstage, and basically said the typical fan stuff to him. He brought me the pass back, but I told him to keep it.

Backstage isn't all it's cracked up to be. In fact, the best time ever was when I was in the dressing room with Ray, and Perry Ferrell's girlfriend came in and hung out. She was fucking SMOKING hot! I wouldn't pay big money to say hello to these guys, or probably any other band. Kiss charging a grand to take a picture with them, is a fucking joke.
                          I am sure there are or were a meeting or two about what would be considered a guest pass to the café wha gig .

I considered the fact that a pass was issued to one of our members and then a member was chosen to go as a gift from this site and DLR's management.

Now whether or not Dave said yeah, that dude, that poster guy, right there ..no.

But the management would have to have cleared it with the band members about how the distribution of the tickets would go and where.

Back stage pass would have been cool back in the 70's when it was attainable and together in is infancy, but Dave kept signaling to his roadies to get my girl friend back stage and I was busy trying to keep her tits put up while she road my shoulders all night.

Old days back stage cool stuff.
                          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

And then you woke up...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Exactly I remember some DLR Band gig in England drinking with Ray at the aftershow and him saying a few times 'Oh i wish Dave would come out and talk with you' and I was relieved he didn't.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Yeah riight...

Comment

Working...