X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
    Do you know that people like me pay minimum 5k/week to go where it is 90 degrees...your glass is half full not half empty...just kidding you friend...cheers!
    So that's why so many Canadians flock to Myrtle Beach..
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

I went to Myrtle Beach once and this is cheap for us (I mean compared to flying to the carribean)....but my wife doesn't like the 18 hours road trip...so might as well go to Miami or Jamaica
      Last edited by So this is love; 10-27-2012, 10:49 PM.
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I can dig what you're saying about the drive. But I've met tons of Canadians who drive down there and I can't figure it out - I mean it's a cool beach and all but that's a hell of a long way to drive just for a beach trip. Maybe I just look at it that way because I live close by.

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

you have to understand we Canadians live in the snow ....we eat snow and we feel lucky when the sun is shining and Van Halen is ON....and we have alot of pretty woman... haha!!!
          Last edited by So this is love; 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM.
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Do you know that people like me pay minimum 5k/week to go where it is 90 degrees...your glass is half full not half empty...just kidding you friend...cheers!

Oh I know. But in my situation over the last year the heat is just about the worst thing. If my personal situation were different I would be enjoying the hell out of it. But right now I fucking hate the sun.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

you have to understand we Canadians live in the snow ....we eat snow and we feel lucky when the sun is shining and Van Halen is ON....and we have alot of pretty woman... haha!!!
              We were down in Mexico for spring break and there were a lot of Canadians down there doing the same thing. Most were from the Ontario. You are right, the girls were cute. The snow is a good excuse to have those cute girls keep you warm.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

The heat does get old when you are stuck in it for months. It sounds good when you are cold and in the tundra but when you have been in it for months you bitch about it. Especially if it doesn't cool off at night.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I don't know about the economy in So Cal today, but when I was living in San Diego I was so fucking broke I couldn't see straight (or maybe that was the booze and blow). This was in the mid 90s, I was in my mid 20s, the jobs paid exactly SHIT and the rent on my one bedroom apartment was 400 bucks more a month than what I'd paid here (and wasn't half as nice). The job I had required a degree and 3 years experience and paid exactly 400 bucks a week. The problem, as I saw it, was that there were a ton of colleges in the area churning out a shitload of 22 year old kids every spring with the exact same skill set. So the jobs didn't have to pay anything. Plus the cost of living was higher than camel cock. Well, except for the price of beer

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

We must be champions at Thread Derailment, lol.

And yes, I agree about driving a truck vs driving a tour bus. I much prefer to travel alone.

But I hate big rigs.

Would love to get a drive-away job delivering cars cross-country....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

And yes, I agree about driving a truck vs driving a tour bus. I much prefer to travel alone.

But I hate big rigs.

Would love to get a drive-away job delivering cars cross-country....
                      Yeah running through all those gears gets old. The new trucks are nice though. I like the new Volvos. Most the cars I see going long-haul are on trains. I think with the high fuel costs trains are being used more because they are so much more fuel efficient than trucks if you look at cargo moved per gallon of fuel. the cheapest way to move cargo is by ship, then train, then truck. The most expensive is airplane but it gets there quick.

Comment

• motherchicken
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Heat. Where are you? The San Fernando Valley?
                        The valley is heaven compared to the high desert. I grew up in the valley and moved to the desert. The valley's humid and gets pretty smoggy but the desert gets up to 120 in the summer. Then I moved to Texas. Hotter than fuck and humid. Now I live in Washington State. The weather's fantastic, the people are alright and the cops are even friendly here. I wish I would have moved here years ago.
                        To get back on subject I see nothing wrong with that logo. At least it's wings not rings.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

I love this site. Any thread you choose you just never know where it will lead.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Yeah running through all those gears gets old. The new trucks are nice though. I like the new Volvos. Most the cars I see going long-haul are on trains. I think with the high fuel costs trains are being used more because they are so much more fuel efficient than trucks if you look at cargo moved per gallon of fuel. the cheapest way to move cargo is by ship, then train, then truck. The most expensive is airplane but it gets there quick.
                            My next stop on the road of life is going to be the NW...FORD, LOUNGE.....look out!

But I have to be able to afford the move first (well, and there are family issues as well).

So the other week I was just checking out freight prices........I was also checking out the price of renting a POD between Gnashville and Seattle.....PODs are the most expensive of the consumer freight container business....there are several others that are cheaper and provide better service.....

My goal is to do a grand tour of the Western US on the way up there...stopping in Arkansas, Kansas, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, and California on the way...visiting old friends....paying respects to my Dad (who is buried in Southern Arkansas) and my uncle (who is buried in Reno).

Naturally, I do not want to rent a truck.....so I was checking out the shipping options....Amtrak is the cheapest most definitely.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by motherchicken
                              The valley is heaven compared to the high desert. I grew up in the valley and moved to the desert. The valley's humid and gets pretty smoggy but the desert gets up to 120 in the summer. Then I moved to Texas. Hotter than fuck and humid. Now I live in Washington State. The weather's fantastic, the people are alright and the cops are even friendly here. I wish I would have moved here years ago.
                              To get back on subject I see nothing wrong with that logo. At least it's wings not rings.
                              Weather's fantastic??

Well, August and September were OK. Maybe the first week of October. Rest of the year has been pretty much soggy shit though.

Unless Oak Harbor get some of that "rain shadow" shit like Sequim does. They get less rain there for some reason, because the clouds dump a lot of their shit in the Olympics and then don't have to piss again until they get across the Puget Sound.... or to the lower end of it where I'm at.
                              Last edited by FORD; 10-28-2012, 08:22 PM.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• motherchicken
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                                Weather's fantastic??

Well, August and September were OK. Maybe the first week of October. Rest of the year has been pretty much soggy shit though.

Unless Oak Harbor get some of that "rain shadow" shit like Sequim does. They get less rain there for some reason, because the clouds dump a lot of their shit in the Olympics and then don't have to piss again until they get across the Puget Sound.... or to the lower end of it where I'm at.
                                I've lived the majority of my adult life in a place where it's hotter than hell in the summer, then humid at the begining of fall, decent for a month or so then cold as fuck till spring. Spring is the best part of the year in the desert then it starts getting hot by memorial day and stays hot until after labor day. Texas and Louisiana sucked too. Hot and humid or cold and rainy. It hasn't done much but drizzle here this fall. Not much rain to speak of. It's a little nippy out for sure. But I still wear shorts just about every day. A hoody is about it for jacket needs.

Comment

Working...