X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    My next stop on the road of life is going to be the NW...FORD, LOUNGE.....look out!

Yeah dude. I spent some time in Oregon. Great part of the country. Actual trees, shade, clouds....loved it. If I had a job offer up there I would be there in a minute. So much more laid back vibe there too compared to So CA. Mellow. No hustle bustle.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I used to have a knack for bullshit,,,,,wait, I still do.
      Yes, you do

Yes, you do......
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        Yeah dude. I spent some time in Oregon. Great part of the country. Actual trees, shade, clouds....loved it. If I had a job offer up there I would be there in a minute. So much more laid back vibe there too compared to So CA. Mellow. No hustle bustle.
        Well.... it used to be that way.... before you goddamn Californians came up here and brought your smog, traffic, and DLC false "Democrats" with you
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

lol. sorry Ford. I didn't stay though. Was just spending the summer with some friends. However when I got back to So CA, it did feel really good to see a palm tree again. And the Mexican food here has spoiled me. I didn't realize how bad it could get until I tried to get a carne asada burrito up in Oregon.

Carne Asadaist!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You would be surprised where some of the best Mexican food in this state is. Went to this little hole in the wall place in Moses Lake once. Totally whitebread town, so it's not where you would expect to find good Mexican food..... except it's right in the middle of the states farming region, which has led to a sizeable Mexican farm worker population. And the key with any sort of ethnic food establishment, is if you don't see folks of that ethnicity eating there, don't bother. The Mexicans love this place. Wish I could remember the name of the damn joint....
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Yeah. I didn't hunt around all that much. Just spoiled down here since there are so many Mexicans making awesome food. I suppose it's like good pizza. A rarity here but everywhere in New York. Just gotta find it.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

What is hilarious is that I ate some fantastic Mexican food in L.A. when I lived there....but my roommate, a former bandmate of mine from Kansas (despite having great Mex food in L.A.), just LOVED this crappy Mexican-like food at a small chain of taco joints called Taco-Tico in Wichita, Kansas.

Illogical. But oh well. He just traveled back there recently to visit family, and yes, stopped at Taco-Tico and ranted about it.

I think it is more a sentimental thing for him, as in my opinion, the food there is so-so.

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

Yeah that logo's blatant.

I've probably never had proper mex food, but surprisingly we have just about every other authentic cuisine available. In a town of twelve thousand people.

envy will be here soon, the epicurean European

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    He just traveled back there recently to visit family, and yes, stopped at Taco-Tico and ranted about it.

I think it is more a sentimental thing for him, as in my opinion, the food there is so-so.
                    Too funny. Whenever we make it back to Iowa, there are two places we have to go: the local pizza joint where I worked in college, and Taco Tico.

Totally sentimental - the food is... unique. I hesitate to call it good. There's just nothing else like it. A smothered sancho from Taco Tico is soooo damn good!
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• motherchicken
                      • Nov 2009

The best place to get authentic mexican food is Olvera Street in downtown LA. In Texas they have Tex Mex instead of Mexican food in the upper parts. Tried not to venture south of Houston or linger around El Paso. Reminded me too much of East L A.

Comment

Working...