X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Fairwrning
    That would be a great song for VH to redo...
    The ELP tune?? Yikes.

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Maybe Dave is gonna be in the next Batman movie?

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
        Veteran
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
        seriously why do you give a shit how dave acts?

does that somehow affect your enjoyment of him? are you that uncomfortable with your own sexuality?

who gives a shit.

I'd like to know more about the real DLR behind the schtick. The schtick is old and tired. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
          I'd like to know more about the real DLR behind the schtick. The schtick is old and tired. That's all I'm saying.
          What, you wanna know what kind of laundry detergent he uses?? Fuck real life.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

My Bullshit Posts Are old and tired.That's all I'm saying.
            Yes,We Agree Too.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Heater
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2010

Its not 30 years ago, Dave had to reinvent himself and it feels forced. The Dave of old never had to try, now he tries too hard. The concerts i saw on the last tour were faithful attempts to recreate the magic of the 70s and early 80s and they came pretty close. Those of you who never saw CVH are trying too hard to convince yourselves they are still the rock n roll wrecking crew that they once were. It used to be "Dave is a pretty cool motherfucker", now it's "Dave is trying to act like a cool motherfucker". Its hard to pinpoint exactly when it became manufactured schtick, but he is very dedicated to making it look real.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good point heater... I can tell you from direct experience trying to act cool in your mid 50's is a hell of a lot more work than in your 20's. But it's deeper than that... We're all defined by our time. It's not the 70's/80's clearly... Cool then ain't no where near cool now.

So... even if Dave or any other guy in his mid-late 50's goes 120% into "who-gives-a-shit" let your cool fly high... it comes off as manufactured schtick even if it's spontaneous and genuine. May be new branches on the tree but the roots never moved from where it was planted. Nature is pretty rigid that way...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                  I want to go on record as saying I fucking LOVE the Roth Show clips.. thank you, David Lee Roth, for giving us constant entertainment
                  Totally agree.

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Who says what you're seeing is schtick? Maybe you're getting a glimpse at the real Dave instead of the Diamond Dave persona.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      The ELP tune?? Yikes.
                      Absolutely..replace the keyboards with guitar and they would KILL that song..

Comment

• wolfsbane
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2005

I think a lot of people on this board need to grow up. If someone says something a little bit against Dave, he gets attacked. I know you have to defend the honor of our fearless leader, but attacking these comments only draws more attention to them. You also stop other people from posting anything, and chase away potential members who may post something interesting.

I do not get all my DLR and VH news on this board. Why is that? Have you handful of constant flamers driven away potential posters?

Please, two wrongs don't make a right. Think before you flame.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by wolfsbane
                          I think a lot of people on this board need to grow up. If someone says something a little bit against Dave, he gets attacked...Please, two wrongs don't make a right. Think before you flame.
                          I'm good with any and all opinions. For or against present day Dave. It's the jerked off 'Dave's a homo' talk that constantly repulses me. These are the fuckers that need to grow up. Dig?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            Absolutely..replace the keyboards with guitar and they would KILL that song..
                            Never really cared for that tune. Always thought it was a prog rock knock off of Magical Mystery Tour. Too carnival barky.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by wolfsbane
                              I think a lot of people on this board need to grow up. If someone says something a little bit against Dave, he gets attacked. I know you have to defend the honor of our fearless leader, but attacking these comments only draws more attention to them. You also stop other people from posting anything, and chase away potential members who may post something interesting.

I do not get all my DLR and VH news on this board. Why is that? Have you handful of constant flamers driven away potential posters?

Please, two wrongs don't make a right. Think before you flame.
                              Well said....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Welcome back, my friends ... twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) December 29, 2012
                                OK the imagery evokes a certain nod to Jiminy Cricket... the comical and wise partner of Pinocchio who also serves as Pinocchio's conscience in the Disney version of the film. So... who is the Pinocchio in Dave's life?

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...