• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by moose
    I cant believe that they have all this great footage HIDDEN somewhere
    Come on Dave, Ed...RELEASE THE FOOTAGE!!!!!!!
    what makes me wonder is, WHO has the rights to all this shit...it's the first time, we hear a VH song on the ROTH SHOW. before it has always been dave's solo material, if I remember correctly. is it because Dave wrote that song? how much say do the three twins have in all this? seems that uncle dace has a lot of footage under his control either.
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

How the hell do these just keep getting better and better? LOVED this episode! So incredible to get a little wacky and tune-in to some Roth Show. A few things: #1: I agree with the songs used - is there a rights issue? He used some VH tunes for the first time by my reckoning. Very cool, but sure makes me worry. #2: Is it just me or does DLR have a problem turning his head to the left? #3: Am I the only one surprised to see D-Ro publicly drinking alcohol? Given EVH's difficulties, this is another issue that makes me wonder. Not that it bothers me - hell anyone in a 3-piece swigging Busch beer is A-okay in my book - but it's Wolfie's take I guess that makes me concerned. After all the bridges burned in the past, I can't help but be a little wary about DLR offending anyone in the band. #4: What the hell is the dealio with the kick-ass vintage footage? Man... that was bad-ASS! Notice they only used footage without the bass player in it. Anyway - great episode - thoroughly enjoyed it - keep 'em coming Diamond Dave!
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Man, that shot at 18:59. Steppin' outta the parachute outfits. Holy fraggin' friggin' crap!!! Let's see that whole damn show please!!! I can only image that the severing of Mike A might have hindered a lot of what may inevitibly be released. I have to say the live clip of Ice Cream Man from this tour was looking like a well done piece of film. They have to be seriously considering a live show DVD from this tour. Have ta.

'Do you offer a Bally's partial fitness? I'm a rock star. I don't plan on giving up drinking.' Hysterical.

Comment

• franksters
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

I didn't like Dave to mention that the rolling stones rag picked HIM for number 16...
          Be carefull what you Say Dave, as much as I enjoy to hear it
          SUMMER'S JUST
          AROUND
          THE CORNER!

[IMG]
          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Dave is sharing more life stories and he talks about his mother and father
            Very nice and touching story about his mother, and I really like when he quotes his father talking about emergency medicine, great words.
            Awesome episode Dave, thanks.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

'Do you offer a Bally's partial fitness? I'm a rock star. I don't plan on giving up drinking.' Hysterical.
              That was fuckin' funny. Gonna steal that one. Maybe ride my bike to Girlyland, too.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                Man, that shot at 18:59. Steppin' outta the parachute outfits. Holy fraggin' friggin' crap!!! Let's see that whole damn show please!!! I can only image that the severing of Mike A might have hindered a lot of what may inevitibly be released. I have to say the live clip of Ice Cream Man from this tour was looking like a well done piece of film. They have to be seriously considering a live show DVD from this tour. Have ta.

Pretty sure it's another clip from the same show that one of the other episodes showed, which was:

This Day in CVH/DLR History

Van Halen plays Anaheim Stadium in Anaheim, CA. Van Halen steals the show by hiring look-a-likes to parachute from an airplane into the stadium. An announcer frantically declares, "From out of the sky, Van Halen is coming into the stadium!!" Looking as though they would land right on the stage, the four parachutists maneuver to an area just outside the stadium gates at the last minute. Moments later, Van Halen, dressed in parachute gear, takes the stage arm-in-arm to a thunderous ovation. Alex badly twists his ankle after getting caught up in the parachute gear, but plays the show anyway. The bill in order of appearance: Richie Lecea, Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Boston
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                  How the hell do these just keep getting better and better? LOVED this episode! So incredible to get a little wacky and tune-in to some Roth Show. A few things: #1: I agree with the songs used - is there a rights issue? He used some VH tunes for the first time by my reckoning. Very cool, but sure makes me worry. #2: Is it just me or does DLR have a problem turning his head to the left? #3: Am I the only one surprised to see D-Ro publicly drinking alcohol? Given EVH's difficulties, this is another issue that makes me wonder. Not that it bothers me - hell anyone in a 3-piece swigging Busch beer is A-okay in my book - but it's Wolfie's take I guess that makes me concerned. After all the bridges burned in the past, I can't help but be a little wary about DLR offending anyone in the band. #4: What the hell is the dealio with the kick-ass vintage footage? Man... that was bad-ASS! Notice they only used footage without the bass player in it. Anyway - great episode - thoroughly enjoyed it - keep 'em coming Diamond Dave!
                  Worry is the misuse of your imagination...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

You know what I mean. I'm not literally giving myself an ulcer wondering if Ed has a tuba in the trunk of his car and Gary Cherone's number on speed-dial.
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Gonna steal that one.
                      Hell, I'm gonna borrow that superfly suit he's wearing... Rockstar president 2013.
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• WARFstradamus
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Nov 2005

When the sun aligns with the Moon of Jupiter, a toastermaster shall speak to us in many episodes. With his swagger he shall lead the immoral majority. In his hand lies a can of Busch, he will rise again like a phoenix and Save the brothers. Twenty eight years of misery shall come to an end, on the 5th day of January in the new city.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

You see, Russ, there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear ... twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) January 8, 2013
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Ric Flair
                            Groupie
                            • Jul 2007

To be the man you gotta beat the man.... and DAVID LEE ROTH IS THE MAN!!!!
                            THE FOUR HORSEMEN!

Eat Us And Smile, Nature Boy Style!

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2010

I can't even imagine Diamond Dave and Slick Ric Flair in the same room - especially back in the day . My gosh , the mind boggles at the thought....

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                                I can't even imagine Diamond Dave and Slick Ric Flair in the same room - especially back in the day . My gosh , the mind boggles at the thought....
                                Ha! There wouldn't be space for anybody else in that room!!
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...