Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

What animal makes the most noise? The one who's the most scared...

And Spambo should be scared, since he's about to be relocated to sub-mediocrity... Again.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      Just can't imagine why Satch continues to associate with this guy. It makes zero sense to me.
      I'm sure Joe is hoping to make some scratch at this point in his career......its a gamble, but what's he got to lose?

His audience isn't going to abandon him for doing Chickenshit..........& he's obliviously hoping to maybe catch on with some of those ageing "soccer-Moms" who used to "rock-out" to van haggis............

just an attempt to finance the rest of his carer...........

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Sam seems to believe that the world gives a shit about Chickenfoot.

Yeah, the classic rock press will cover them. And yeah, they'll be able to play big clubs.

But the new VH album - even with VH's frankly astoundingly shitty public relations policy - will be a significant event in the music industry.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Headly1984
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2011

VH must have a library of live material that could be put out DVD or CD ..

Chickenfoot is no Damn Yankees - at least that attempt at a 'supergroup' put out something that had a melody - it wasn't great but it sounded like a song .. CF doesn't seem to work at all .. almost like it was a food item that was never tasted before it was served ..how 4 professional /successful musicians put there stamp on that and said ok ? doh!

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

I am astonished...though perhaps I should not be.

Spamulus Flatulus is by definition "lame" and "delusional".

Chickenass raised the bar? Bullshit. Perhaps the other guys in the band have the potential to do so, but with Spamulus in the band, they are doomed to never rise above a certain level of pathetic songwriting.

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

ChickenShit.
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Chickensoot is so Damn Yankees--that is bloody brilliant! Chickensoot ain't got nuthin' on Rockpile!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                  And with that ladies and gentlemen, we have an apt summation of Sammy Hagar's entire tenure in Van Halen, straight from the horse's ass...err, mouth.

As I've said before...

When he said chickenfoot raised the bar he meant they were doing bench presses.
                  He says he doesn't want to be mediocre and watch when the album comes out it will be (a)songs about driving,(b) songs about sandwiches and cheeseburgers, (c)love songs .......... about sandwiches and cheeseburgers (d) songs about drinking

Once again in the article Sam has compared himself to Led Zeppelin and now Cream.
                  That would be true.....except for the fact that Chickenfoot music is BANAL and INSIPID.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Only the mediocre are always at their best.--Chickensoot mantra

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Without Eddie & Alex Van Halen and David lee Roth, Sammy Hagar would have been nothing more than an Autograph - Turn Up The radio one hit wonder of the 80's. Or Slaughter - Up All Night. yeah, I Can't Drive 55 was popular for a minute in the 80's, but he would have faded away soon after if not for VH and what the brothers & Dave created.

The only bar he should be talking about is in Mexico with watered down tequila.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Good to see you bluesman.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

How come Sammy never 'raised the bar' when he was actually IN Van Halen?
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            How come Sammy never 'raised the bar' when he was actually IN Van Halen?
                            That's easy: He was too busy LOWERING it...
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Without Eddie & Alex Van Halen and David lee Roth, Sammy Hagar would have been nothing more than an Autograph - Turn Up The radio one hit wonder of the 80's. Or Slaughter - Up All Night. yeah, I Can't Drive 55 was popular for a minute in the 80's, but he would have faded away soon after if not for VH and what the brothers & Dave created.

The only bar he should be talking about is in Mexico with watered down tequila.
                              was thinking more along the lines of a half-assed version of Foriegner, Billy Squier or Loverboy.

He'd probably be on of one of those "Rib burn off" festival tour sort of things had DLR remained patient with EVH back in '85.

Seriously, from the looks of it "Arena Rock" like REO, Boston, Journey, Styx, and co. were all on their way out by '83, and Hair Rock like Ratt, Quiet Riot, etc were on the rise during this time period. Van Halen having been the band to bring that scene out into the light. Hagar would have been on the wrong side of things, being kind of like the guy you'd watch on VH1 Classic, see his dumb "VOA" video and have a laugh at.

His ego is fucked up to say the least though. What's his lasting footprint in the world of rock n' roll? Being in Montrose, a semi-forgotten Rock band? Being a Corporate Rock stooge? Turning one of the Worlds greatest and wildest Rock N'Roll bands until a vanilla ballad singing of pop ? Tequila Salesman?

Roth, EVH, AVH all have their legacy up there, cemented. From now and until enternity they'll be able to rest on what they've done if they so desired. During the years from 1978 to 1984 they were the worlds greatest rock band, existing on plain only people like The Who, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin had been, and GN'R, has seen since they came out. Hagar can't stake a claim to that legacy, he wasn't there.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

I seriously doubt that the Van Halens or Roth are drenched in flop sweat wondering if their new music is gonna be as "good" as Chickenfoot's.

Far as Van Halen, by this point I'd just as soon they put out what they got, regardless of the production shape the material is in. Fuck, just stick a boom box in the middle of the studio, press record and bash out the new tunes. That was the m.o. of every garage band I was ever in. Capture the energy of the band firing live on all points.

I mean, sooner rather than later. Fuck, I'm not getting any younger here.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...