The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Just remember the internet is a vehicle to be negative to ....welll...just about anything!
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

There is so much going on in this song - musically and lyrically. Years from now, I think we are going to be hearing stuff we hadn't heard before.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

"And she Hooah's, everytime I walk" NATEDOG approved, and Army approved! Well done VH!
        http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
        Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Tattoo, IMO, kicks the hell out of the 1996 tunes -- to which I am not even sure Dave likes or even liked to begin with.

Me Wise Magic, while a good song, still feels (to me anyway) 'Van Halen FEATURING David Lee Roth'. The lyrics in Me Wise mostly didn't come from Dave but from nut-swingers like Desmond Child and Glenn Ballard. 'Dont' you trust me?' Come on now, that aint Roth.

CGTSNM sounded more CVH but it too suffered from itself being a Van Hagar throwaway and a song about Eddie lying to Dave about their whole 'reunion' back in '96.

Tattoo has Dave in stellar form -- lyrically and vocally (for his age anyway). That clearly wasn't present in 1996.

It feels better and not forced like 1996 as well. It grooves - you can dance to it; grab a babe and start grinding her to it -- and then everything else.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLR'sCock
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Wow......the most vocal out there on the net, FB, you tube, etc are so negative..........eh fuck em.....

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

Originally posted by K-tuna
              Continue to suck on the teets of mediocrity and stupidity and I'll engage in more mature conversation elsewhere.
              Come back when your aneurysm heals up.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM. Reason: Sticks and Stones Love.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                tha capri boy will chime in soon enough "ha ha, hello baby, ha ha...not bad, but imagine how good it could have been with me singing...ha ha...but I'm so happy with my new band...Chickenburger, we'll be having a blast a the taco bell cantina in tunafish, Alabame next week...whooooo...have I mentioned my tquilla yet?"
                He just can't stand the fact that he could never, ever make music that even comes close to having the heart, soul, fire that Dave does.

Comment

• Catfish
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  I don't disagree with this sentiment at all.

I was just hoping after 28 years, to get punched in the face!

I am sure there will be some gems in the bunch.
                  Hit 'play' and I'll punch you in the face!!!!

Don't be a baby just because Tattoo didn't blow you away like the first time you heard 'When It's Love'!!!!

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                    I love this song. Am I the only one who imagines this as a perfect strip-joint song? Are you fucking kidding me? All I can think about with this song is smoking hot strippers in fucking stiletto heels standing over me. That's what the fucking video should have been. A dark strobe-lit strip joint mixed with the lip-synced clips.

I've got a very strong gut feeling this song was inspired by the numerous "tramp stamps" Dave was seeing on the lower backs of strippers giving him lap dance over the years. Fuck --- I dont go to nudie bars that much but I seen a lot in my lifetime already!

Who doesnt appreciate a nice heart-shaped ass grinding in yer lap while you check out a tattoo? LOL ---- I totally get where Dave is comin' from on this track.

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                      He just can't stand the fact that he could never, ever make music that even comes close to having the heart, soul, fire that Dave does.

Sambo the Pussy Nugget spends more time in his shitty book talking about the tequila business than music ----- that alone tells you what kind of douche he is.

Comment

• franksters
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                        I love this song. Am I the only one who imagines this as a perfect strip-joint song? Are you fucking kidding me? All I can think about with this song is smoking hot strippers in fucking stiletto heels standing over me. That's what the fucking video should have been. A dark strobe-lit strip joint mixed with the lip-synced clips.
                        Exactly what I'm thinking: this will become the international stripper anthem ///
                        SUMMER'S JUST
                        AROUND
                        THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                        http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bwahahahaha!@
                          Originally posted by catfish
                          hit 'play' and i'll punch you in the face!!!!

Don't be a baby just because tattoo didn't blow you away like the first time you heard 'when it's love'!!!!
                          Catpiss in da house! How you've been missed Brother! Mean Machine Nigga!
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

There is a stupid article on rollingstone.com 'fans are saying new song came from Down in Flames'.

LMFAO!!!! No shit! So did You're No Good.

Idiots!! Fucking ignorant people out there.

ATTENTION ARMY SOLDIERS - THERE IS A CONTINGENT OF 'WOULD BE' VH FANS ON THE INTERNET WHO ARE FUCKING IGNORANT AND NO NOTHING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE BAND!!!

Oh, gee, let me see here.

Where were these fucks all these years to tell me Ed uses previous unreleased material to create new songs????!! ....ahh fuck it...:

I'm The One (originally Show Your Love)
                            You're No Good (originally Down in Flames)
                            Mean Street (originally Voodoo Queen and the bridge section in She's The Woman)
                            Hang Em High (originally Last Night)
                            Hot For Teacher (closing bit originally the closing of Voodoo Queen)

Hey, even Van Hagar gets into this

Mine All Mine (keyboard riff originally used for Dave's tai-chi sword dance bit on the 84 tour)

.....I could go on.......
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Got myself quoted for a VH tramp stamp.Going to cost me 100

Been listening to the song on and off all day.Love it
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• K-tuna
                                Groupie
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                                Come back when your aneurysm heals up.

Sure thing @dickuphisSINUSS's.
                                "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

Working...