• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
    I don't get it, Henne isn't lighting the place up by any means
    You don't get it? Are you serious? Henne has no business being in uniform, even to hold a clipboard.

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
      I hope and pray it is John Gruden. Some so called experts seem to think it will be Gruden. I have always thought he was an excellent coach and I love his intensity. I like the fact that he will install his own offense and am sure he would be able to maximize the talent they already have. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas switch back to a 4-3 defense either. Ware and Spencer would make great defensive ends and Ratliff and Olshansky could both play DT.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
        Sniper
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bob_R
        I don't think so bro. But, you never know. I think Cowher would be a more likely choice. That being said I don't think it'll be him either.

I would love Bill Cowher. I think he could lure Dick Lebeau to come be the DC. I’ll even settle for John Mitchell as our DC. But all this is not happening, unfortunately.

This is what I see happening. If Jason can somehow make the team play for him and win half the remaining games, I think Jason will be the head coach next year. I would love to see the D go back to a 4/3 and get Zimmer back. Even though the Cowboys were in horrible shape salary cape wise, he was able to put together some pretty good defenses, which always ranked in the top 10.

When NFLN makes a show 20 years from now on the “Most Disappointing Seasons Ever,” the 2010 Dallas Cowboys will be number one. Damn!!
        https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          You don't get it? Are you serious? Henne has no business being in uniform, even to hold a clipboard.
          Not at all. The guy has an arm, and anyone that has been to Dolphin camp (Uhhh, like me) can attest to this. The problem is that our receivers are not exactly what you'd call dependable, and our offensive line is still shaky with regard to pass blocking. This isn't a problem with a QB with a short release and some established pass running patterns for the receivers, but we do not have any. The deal is further compounded by the honest to God weird way our offense is changed from week to week. One series, the pass is a decoy to establish the run. Then the run is abandoned, Ricky Williams sits idle and we invent these dumbass Ronnie Brown plays that create 3 yards and a cloud of dust, leading to our special teams to make things even more spectacular, only for the other team!

And now we are putting in a QB that has had ice on his shoulder for over a year, instead of sticking with a guy who while not exactly being the reincarnation of Dan Marino, has managed to be a serviceable QB and was at least learning to deal with what he was handed by the coaching staff. And it's his fault? Nope, not at all.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Not at all. The guy has an arm, and anyone that has been to Dolphin camp (Uhhh, like me) can attest to this. The problem is that our receivers are not exactly what you'd call dependable, and our offensive line is still shaky with regard to pass blocking. This isn't a problem with a QB with a short release and some established pass running patterns for the receivers, but we do not have any. The deal is further compounded by the honest to God weird way our offense is changed from week to week. One series, the pass is a decoy to establish the run. Then the run is abandoned, Ricky Williams sits idle and we invent these dumbass Ronnie Brown plays that create 3 yards and a cloud of dust, leading to our special teams to make things even more spectacular, only for the other team!

And now we are putting in a QB that has had ice on his shoulder for over a year, instead of sticking with a guy who while not exactly being the reincarnation of Dan Marino, has managed to be a serviceable QB and was at least learning to deal with what he was handed by the coaching staff. And it's his fault? Nope, not at all.
            Uh, dude. How long has Henne been in the league? He sucks ass, and is going to resume his proper spot, on the sidelines.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Henne isn't a quarterback I'd hang my hat on to lead a team. Do the Dolphins have other issues? Sure...but Henne, in my opinion, isn't a sure-fire starter in this league.

That said...he's better than Pennington...and better than many starters in the league. To me...that says more about the other guys than about Henne...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                Uh, dude. How long has Henne been in the league? He sucks ass, and is going to resume his proper spot, on the sidelines.
                Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                Henne isn't a quarterback I'd hang my hat on to lead a team. Do the Dolphins have other issues? Sure...but Henne, in my opinion, isn't a sure-fire starter in this league.

That said...he's better than Pennington...and better than many starters in the league. To me...that says more about the other guys than about Henne...
                The entire principal about the Dolphins this past three years under the Parcells' era has been one of gimmickry. The wildcat? This offensive scheme was thrown together out of a high school playbook in order to get our two best players (Ronnie Brown and Rickey Williams) on the field at the same time. The future thinking included drafting Pat White (since cut) to run the offense. (C'mon, Chad Pennington? This guy can throw 36 yards down field with the wind at his back on a good day, yet he was positioned as our starting QB.) This idea came off the rails when every team figured out and copied the wildcat ,and as a second thought Henne was drafted somewhere along the way to work as a back up plan.

The thing is, Henne is not a bad QB. Yes, he is prone to rookie mistakes, yet you have to question just how limp our offensive line is that leads to him making questionable decisions. Also, ask why the deep threat of Brandon Marshall has yet to materialize. Could it be that the O-line can not hold off the rush long enough for plays to materialize? It would seem so, as the only time Miami seems to get anywhere is on the ground. Of course, this is only at an average of 3 yards per down, so we wind up having to throw on 3rd and long and wind up either intercepted, punting or of within range, kicking for 3 points.

The painful truth is the Dolphins have not been capable of putting an offense together since the Marino days, and even then it came down to the QB to make something out of it. 1985 was a long fucking time ago. Being a Van Halen fan should make that obvious, but certainly no less delusional.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bob_R
                  I don't think so bro. But, you never know. I think Cowher would be a more likely choice. That being said I don't think it'll be him either.
                  I would love to have Cowher or Gruden but would prefer Gruden because of the offense. I just don't want some lame ass puppet yes man that Jerry likes to hire. I definitely don't want Jason Garrett or someone like John Fox.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Little Texan
                    Love the pick. It should be captioned: How the fuck did that just happen? Someone is going to pay! As opposed to old Wade and his golly gee shucks we have some work to do attitude.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2006

Enough about Dallas from me, they make me fuckin sick and as far as I'm concerned Garrett should have got the boot with Phillips. I took the Giants this week so hopefully I will start to get an extra win each week in our pick em pool. I took the Dolphins this week Chef, BECAUSE Pennington is starting. I'm a sucker for the whole Don Strock/older QB geting something going. We'll see.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

I took the Dolphins this week Chef, BECAUSE Pennington is starting. I'm a sucker for the whole Don Strock/older QB geting something going. We'll see.
                        Me too. Strock was just about the smartest guy in football. He'd sit on his couch for half the season, then come to some team's rescue! I wonder if Randy Moss will be used as a decoy for the Titans, in order to establish the run or short pass. Neither Collins or Young have what you'd call a cannon for an arm.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I'm a sucker for the whole Don Strock/older QB geting something going. We'll see.
                          Somehow, I don't see the next Epic in Miami being led by Chad Pennington...
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                            Somehow, I don't see the next Epic in Miami being led by Chad Pennington...
                            Particularly if it's a relatively meaningless mid season game waged at 1 in the afternoon. Now if it was during the playoffs...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I wouldn't get so gung ho about Chad Pennington starting Sunday. The guy is so injury prone he may pull a muscle combing his hair Saturday morning.
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2006

However, if he is healthy, he can be effective. He is the NFL career leader in completion percentage and has a lifetime 90.1 QB rating. I am not a huge Pennington fan but I do think he can win some ball games with the current team in Miami. I'm going to keep a close eye on that game Sunday. If it turns out to be as good as I think it will I will probably just end up watching that game at 1:00

Comment

Working...