X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    But Zah obviously thinks he knows better than insiders.
    What's the old saying... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...

Nearly 40 years of rock stardom and no more than 5 grainy photos exist... That's a long time but cameras producing photographs date back to the 1820's. So you can't blame lack of available media...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      What's the old saying... when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...

Nearly 40 years of rock stardom and no more than 5 grainy photos exist... That's a long time but cameras producing photographs date back to the 1820's. So you can't blame lack of available media...
      I previously convinced myself you weren't truly a total idiot.

I stand corrected.

What an idiot.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Does it really matter what Dave's sexual preference is? Lack of a wife or girlfriend doesn't mean you're gay. I sympathize with Dave on this because some of my friends and relatives speculated I was gay because I wasn't married or shacked up with a female until I was in my mid 40s. Looking back it was the biggest mistake I ever made. Bitch spent my money and kicked me to the curb when it was gone. My credit is still dogshit because of her and I used to have a credit score in the 800s. Even if he is a fag he's still the best frontman Van Halen ever had.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I think Dave owns a dog for a live in pal and fucks whoever is handy and the dog is the wife.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Full Bug
            Wendy O. Williams?? That is scary....
            If I was gonna bang a wierd chick like that I'd bang Dale Bozzio.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
              Wendy O. Williams?? That is scary....
              She was probably beautiful viewed through beer and cocaine goggles. She was probably like fucking a wild animal. What twisted rock star wouldn't dig that?
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I think Dave owns a dog for a live in pal and fucks whoever is handy and the dog is the wife.
                Smart man. My dog is way more loyal than my ex old lady. She doesn't take money out of my bank account to pay me back money she owes me. She doesn't put utilities in my name and quit paying the bill. She doesn't disappear in my new car when she knows I'm too drunk to go looking for her either. My ex didn't beg for food every time I get some but my dog gives me unconditional love even when I don't share my food with her.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

To add to Zah's venomous jealousy:

"Dave was always busy after the shows. Dave was always with the hottest chicks, you know. He was a pussy magnet. The chicks just used to flock to him. He had the hottest blondes, or the f-ing most best bodies, sh*t like that. So he got the cream of the crop. Eddie was a little shyer, but you know Eddie used to do his thing. We all liked drinking and doing "whatever" but me and Al used to go out looking for chicks the most. We used to get pretty sick. We used to do some pretty sick sh*t. I don't want to go into explicit details but Michael was pretty tame. Michael was married." - Neil Zlozower (someone who was there)

Comment

• Greenbuds
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2004

These are quotes from a Neil Zlozower interview, before he released his VH photo book:

"Dave was always busy after the shows. Dave was always with the hottest chicks, you know. He was a pussy magnet. The chicks just used to flock to him. He had the hottest blondes, or the fucking most best bodies, shit like that. So he got the cream of the crop. Eddie was a little shyer, but you know Eddie used to do his thing. We all liked drinking and doing "whatever" but me and Al used to go out looking for chicks the most. We used to get pretty sick. We used to do some pretty sick shit. I don't want to go into explicit details but Michael was pretty tame. Michael was married."

"If I'm gonna do a book, I want to do a dedicated Van Halen book. The David Lee Roth years, which to me is THE Van Halen. Forget Sammy, forget Gary."

"But you know, give me Van Halen David Lee Roth. That was the shit. From 78 to 84, I think Van Halen was the number 1 rock band in the world, as far as I'm concerned. We had the Scorpions, we had Judas Priest, but Priest was already big in the U.K. and they really didn't his the U.S. till a little bit later than 83. Ozzy was tooling around, but Van Halen was the shit. They were the number 1 band as far as I'm concerned."

"Dave is a genius as far as I'm concerned. So, Dave's mind thinks unlike any other person's mind I know. It must've cost Dave a fortune. And so he put this video together. You know, I guess they called it... well, we called it "Mojo Go-go," but I guess the official name was "Dave's No Holds Bar-B-Que." And it was basically Dave letting his brain run free. That is about the closest interpretation of Dave's brain as anything I've ever seen. I mean, it's basically, David Lee Roth, you know, no holds barred, doing anything went, the sickest shit. You know, there was a lot of alcohol there. But I think the video's brilliant."

"Sammy Hagar or Gary Cherone = For what? I didn't like either of them in Van Halen to be honest with you. They're both great singers. Gary's one of the nicest people I ever met in my life. He's a great guy, but it wasn't Van Halen. David Lee Roth is Van Halen, period. No if, ands, or buts."

"David Lee Roth = To me, the greatest entertainer that ever lived. My favorite human being to work with. My favorite rock star to work with out of my whole career."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

To add to Zah's venomous jealousy:

"Dave was always busy after the shows. Dave was always with the hottest chicks, you know. He was a pussy magnet. The chicks just used to flock to him. He had the hottest blondes, or the f-ing most best bodies, sh*t like that. So he got the cream of the crop. Eddie was a little shyer, but you know Eddie used to do his thing. We all liked drinking and doing "whatever" but me and Al used to go out looking for chicks the most. We used to get pretty sick. We used to do some pretty sick sh*t. I don't want to go into explicit details but Michael was pretty tame. Michael was married." - Neil Zlozower (someone who was there)
                      Zah clearly has an issue...Motley Crue says the same thing...Dave was after their groupies and succeeded. Why is he trying to prove something that just isn't true? So DAve likes women that aren't plastic or wont be 180 pounds when they hit 30...the issue is what exactly?
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai have also alluded to it. They were there every day....but Zah still know better because he doesn't see any photos.

Show me a photo of ANY rock star at any time in the past banging groupies....there probably isn't a single one of them.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Billy Sheehan and Steve Vai have also alluded to it. They were there every day....but Zah still know better because he doesn't see any photos.

Show me a photo of ANY rock star at any time in the past banging groupies....there probably isn't a single one of them.
                          I think there's some of Jimmy Page banging groupies but Page likes them jailbait girls and it would be a felony to post them here.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

I remember some VH1 show or some such shit where Tawny Kitaen was claiming to have been with Dave.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
                              I remember some VH1 show or some such shit where Tawny Kitaen was claiming to have been with Dave.
                              It's possible. Wendy O Williams looks like the kind of chick who would slap her boyfriend upside the head if she felt like it. If that's what Dave likes Tawny would make a perfect mate for him.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

I've seen that name linked to Dave as well. In a UK music paper gossip column. I think the source of that particular rumour is this woman (above) ...

Back in the 80s, Kerrang magazine used to have a gossip columnist named 'Laurel Canyon', who reported on all the rumours circulating in the Los Angeles music scene, and particularly the bands that Kerrang readers were interested in.

Laurel Canyon was actually Sylvie Simmons, a legit journalist who interviewed Dave many times, and wrote (usually very favourably) about VH a lot - and from reading their interviews, she and Dave had a good rapport. She is also, more recently, the garlanded biographer of Leonard Cohen. So, if any rumours came from her, like I think the Christie Brinkley one did, then I think that Dave was at least spotted in Brinkley's company. Whether or not that means he was dating her, well, who the hell knows ...

but in the pre-internet days, these juicy little tidbits were designed to keep the interest in bands alive - keep people reading the magazines, etc. Lisa Robinson had the same role. Sometimes, maybe, the line between fact and fiction got a bit blurred.
                                Last edited by VHscraps; 08-08-2015, 04:59 AM.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...