X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

You ungrateful bastards...

I spent many nights on this board hoping and speculating and crasping for straws when Dave was playing 1.500 seater shit holes in Tunafish Alabama...

Now we have him back with Ed and Al and we got at least one new album which has some great tunes, some brilliant lyrics and which brought the band back on the road...

Now to the "act like your 60"-topic. That's exactly what they all do. In THEIR very individual way. Dave is the guy who gets his ass tattooed with a Japanese yakooza motive and ed is sporting a grey beard, jeans and a t-shirt. If you did expect Dave to calm down at 60 and grow up you chose the wrong band back in the day.

Dave is and will always be Dave! Diamond Dave! All you whining "oh he's doing the Liberace stuff"-bitches try Bon "half Jesus" Jovi or "full Jesus" Bono. If you lost your fucking sense of humour for the greatest frontman.

I always shook my head over one or the other move he was making. But as long as he is out there trying to entertain me and to throw a hell of a party I will except his invitation.

Yeah...his is voice isn't that strong anymore...boofuckinghoo...his singing was worse when I saw him 1988...so were his clothes.

Dave or the grave Motherfuckers!
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
      Dave would be the first to admit that in his mind he's and entertainer as much as anything else. That certainly hasn't changed, nor will it ever, as Ed himself should be aware of more than anyone else. Ed knows exactly what Roth is in terms of his general personality and as a performer, so if he's so embarrassed by Roth not "acting his age", why does he keep going out on tour with him?

And again, what exactly does "acting his age" or "just be a musician" mean? Performing in jeans and a tshirt, standing in one spot on stage and singing the songs exactly like they are on the albums? I honestly don't know. Dave's always been an odd bird and that ain't changing any time soon, so it boils down to what it always boils down to with Dave- you either accept him and his oddball stuff for what it is or you don't. That act has worn thin for you and I get that, but I'm still curious as to what you think Dave needs to be doing to more act his age.
      Here's an idea. SING THE FUCKING SONGS!

Well, I guess we'll find out if I'm the only one that feels this way. I'm betting Ed and Al do too, and I'll also bet it's over as a result. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Here's an idea. SING THE FUCKING SONGS!

As Dean Martin already said in 1962 live at the Villa Venice: "you want me to sing serious? Go and buy the record..."
        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          As Dean Martin already said in 1962 live at the Villa Venice: "you want me to sing serious? Go and buy the record..."
          Hopefully you'll be spewing the same bullshit when Dave is out of the band yet again. I'm glad your idea of a great Dave performance is him prancing around like a faggy ass Liberace wanna be. Changing "costumes" while singing like shit because he'd rather slide around on his dance floor pretending he's on dancing with the stars and waving his cute little scarf at you, instead of being respectful to the songs, and the fans. Maybe Dave can turn Van Halen into a fucking Broadway production. I'm sure the apologists like you would fucking love it.

Dave fucking did the same bullshit on the '84 tour. It sucked then, and it sucks even worse now. Dave fags it up more than Gary Cherbone did on the III tour. At least in '84, we could overlook the gay ass costume changes and act, because he could still sing. Did you see the '84 tour?

As far as wanting it to sound just like the record. I've never wanted that. In fact, I've always maintained they should take the old live shows, throw them onto DVD, and release them. No overdubs, no fixes. I think the US Festival is great, even though most feel they were too wasted.

This to me is about Dave trying harder to be a rock star, than being a musician. He's already a rock star, and would be much more appreciated as one if he put half the effort into the musical side of his performance, as he does the visual shit. But hey, as long as there are other homosexuals like you, that would rather see him hump a scarf in your face, than take the songs seriously, I guess he'll get away with it.

Or will he? Is it over? I guess we'll find out soon enough. Or in 3 years when the 3 year cycle comes due again.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Quit hiding your emotions, Von, that's not good for your health....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Quit hiding your emotions, Von, that's not good for your health....
              Maybe he could stripe them?
              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                Maybe he could stripe them?
                Or put a scarf on them.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Hopefully you'll be spewing the same bullshit when Dave is out of the band yet again. I'm glad your idea of a great Dave performance is him prancing around like a faggy ass Liberace wanna be. Changing "costumes" while singing like shit because he'd rather slide around on his dance floor pretending he's on dancing with the stars and waving his cute little scarf at you, instead of being respectful to the songs, and the fans. Maybe Dave can turn Van Halen into a fucking Broadway production.
                  that is all he has ever ever ever done. broadway woulda loved a production the size of 84's stage
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

he scarved everything in the 70s
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

and the 80's

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

and 90's

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                          that is all he has ever ever ever done.
                          You think I don't know that?

All I'm saying is, put as much effort into the music, as you do the visual.

Do you want to see the 1979 Penthouse Pet laying around with her snatch hanging out, in 2015? She could probably pull it off as well as Dave is pulling off his faggy "rock star" act.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

You think I don't know that?

All I'm saying is, put as much effort into the music, as you do the visual.

Do you want to see the 1979 Penthouse Pet laying around with her snatch hanging out, in 2015? She could probably pull it off as well as Dave is pulling off his faggy "rock star" act.
                            so jeans and a tshirt, tesla style. you wanna acoustic album next?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              so jeans and a tshirt, tesla style. you wanna acoustic album next?
                              I used to think an acoustic album would be a great idea. but after the "downtown sessions" that accompanied the ADKOT release, I changed my mind.

Maybe if Sobolweski came back, but the Wolfie harmonies just ain't gonna cut it with an acoustic mix.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                                I used to think an acoustic album would be a great idea. but after the "downtown sessions" that accompanied the ADKOT release, I changed my mind.

Maybe if Sobolweski came back, but the Wolfie harmonies just ain't gonna cut it with an acoustic mix.
                                great, greg can write a sequel, how a backyard band saved metal and then did an acoustic album for von and ford to try to keep dave more in tune with his age

Comment

Working...