• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    Lighten up, Dog.

I haven't used a sock joke in months. And it'll be a few more until I do.

The trick is spacing it so it doesn't become like persecution, just a friendly jab between two assholes.

:
    I still have a sense of humor but sock comments tend to piss me off. There's still a handfull of assholes out there that would have everyone believe I don't touch my own dick because I'm afraid I'll turn gay because I posted it as a fucking joke 5 fucking years ago in a thread about some faggot sucking his own dick. The guy that sucked his own dick got a pass but I haven't heard anything but sock fucker this and sockfucker that ever since.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm not trying to insult or upset you just putting up ideas.

In the real world maybe the 'respect beliefs' thing is necessary as a social lubricant so that rival superstitions don't kill each other but on here we should be able to talk freely and maybe examine thoughts about life the universe and everything.

I'm guessing that the 20 000 dead children thing never occurred to you before.

Hey I've always liked to think I'm the most important person on the planet too but I'm starting to suspect I may just be a statistical nothing...

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I still have a sense of humor but sock comments tend to piss me off.
        That's why I'll occasionally throw one your way.

Gotta keep you on your toes.

Cheers!

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

In the real world maybe the 'respect beliefs' thing is necessary as a social lubricant so that rival superstitions don't kill each other but on here we should be able to talk freely and maybe examine thoughts about life the universe and everything.

Hey I've always liked to think I'm the most important person on the planet too but I'm starting to suspect I may just be a statistical nothing...
          Yes, you are.

Look, if the world revolves around someone, it has to be only ONE person.

And that's either me or David Beckham.

The way I see it, me & him are cruising through life having a lark. If that's true, given that he's slightly more succesful than me, the world revolves around him.

If he actually tried hard to get to where he is, then it revolves around me, because what I've got simply fell on my lap. Was handed to me by the world.

And I'm thankful for it everyday.

Cheers!

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

There's been many atrocities that if you could say God should have prevented but maybe it doesn't work that way. Maybe we're born with an expiration date and someone or something watches over us to make sure we make it to that date. As far as my personal experience they say drunks have guardian Angels. Maybe they're right.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So we need to send booze to Africa? Fill those kids with whisky and they won't die of malaria?

It's an interesting plan...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

It's not your believes I have a problem with. Calling God/Jesus/Mohammed/Jehova or whatever you want to call him/her/it "invisible sky daddy" shows a lack of respect for others believes.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

To be fair, superstitious beliefs shouldn't be respected.

They perpetuate ignorance & lack of questioning.

Questioning is what got us this "far".

For microbes on a speck of dust, not too shabby.

Especially given that it was all done by half a dozen people, out of all the gajillions that walked the earth.

Cheers!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

So we need to send booze to Africa? Fill those kids with whisky and they won't die of malaria?
                    I guess you didn't catch it when I said I was an agnostic. I grew up going to church every Sunday while some actor in an ugly suit tried to scare as much money out of everyones pockets as he so he could so he could live the life he tells you you shouldn't live. You don't need worldy thing but he damn sure does and you're gonna pay for them. Just because God doesn't intervene when atrocities take place doesn't mean there's nothing out there. Like I said maybe it doesn't work that way.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Which bit is disrespectful?

Invisible?

Sky?

Daddy?

Did Mohammed not jump on a magic horse when he died and go to heaven?

I think what you don't like about that is that it is stating the core beliefs in a way that removes the spin sticking to the core of the story.

Like calling Jesus a jewish zombie.

I think we are at cross purposes here - what I'm trying to say is that the reason I sound as though I don't respect the belief in Jesus, Zeus, Mohammed or Thor is because I don't.

I think it's ridiculous.

If you because of where you happen to have been born believe in a Christian god because you were told that was true at a very vulnerable age by everyone around you - you effectively caught a religious virus then I think that has had enough respect and a little random voice on the internet saying 'WTF?' is maybe something to think about.

Comment

• Anonymous
                        Banned
                        • May 2004

If you because of where you happen to have been born believe in a Christian god because you were told that was true at a very vulnerable age by everyone around you - you effectively caught a religious virus
                        Isn't that the same thing as with Arsenal or Manchester United, for example?

Cheers!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                          To be fair, superstitious beliefs shouldn't be respected.

They perpetuate ignorance & lack of questioning.

Questioning is what got us this "far".
                          The world is going to Hell in a hand basket and you think we've made progress? I can't even understand why anyone would bring a child into this fucked up world with all the shit that's going on nowdays. Iran and North Korea are threatening people with atomic bombs. The rich keep getting richer while the poor get poorer and poorer. Our own government can't be trusted to tell you the truth about anything. I don't see the progress you speak of.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

The world is going to Hell in a hand basket and you think we've made progress? I can't even understand why anyone would bring a child into this fucked up world with all the shit that's going on nowdays. Iran and North Korea are threatening people with atomic bombs. The rich keep getting richer while the poor get poorer and poorer. Our own government can't be trusted to tell you the truth about anything. I don't see the progress you speak of.
                            Well, I can watch any episode of Sonic the Hedgehog in three clicks.

Cheers!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Which bit is disrespectful?

Invisible?

Sky?

Daddy?

Did Mohammed not jump on a magic horse when he died and go to heaven?

I think what you don't like about that is that it is stating the core beliefs in a way that removes the spin sticking to the core of the story.

Like calling Jesus a jewish zombie.

I think we are at cross purposes here - what I'm trying to say is that the reason I sound as though I don't respect the belief in Jesus, Zeus, Mohammed or Thor is because I don't.

I think it's ridiculous.

If you because of where you happen to have been born believe in a Christian god because you were told that was true at a very vulnerable age by everyone around you - you effectively caught a religious virus then I think that has had enough respect and a little random voice on the internet saying 'WTF?' is maybe something to think about.
                              Agnostic means I'm not really sure there is a God but then again their might be. I'm not a Christian or an Atheist. I'm just a regular person who just doesn't know what to believe.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

When my Dad was conceived there were people in planes dropping bombs on the city he lived in killing thousands of people every other night. He got a pencil for xmas in a good year, they had no TV or internet and no sweets, or even TV. When he got to 8 years old he got to eat a banana. They would be beaten routinely and friends on his street who were catholic would be fucked by the local priest.

The difference between his upbringing and mine is just as large as the difference between mine and my kids.

It's completely ludicrous to say there is no progress, you are spectacularly lucky to be born now. Even more fucking lucky to be born in one of the rich countries. You lucky lucky lucky bastard.

You need to travel - seriously do some travelling. See the world and realise how lucky you are.

Comment

Working...