Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through a child's eyes

This small town's Christmas is forever changed.
    After this Christmas of burials,
    next Christmas will be the first Christmas with nothing to do but reflect.
    There will be many homes that will still wrap a gift that will not be opened.
    This year,
    with no doubt
    there are gifts wrapped that were intended to be opened,
    but never will be.
    With a mother wondering what to do with the wrapped box in the top of the closet.
    She might take years to move it.
    This town is forever changed.

We may move on,
    but for a small town in the northeast
    the Christmas lights will have a tinge of mourning.
    And a sad play on words will taint the delight of children's clambering feet
    of the children left behind
    for they have learned the word mourning
    before they learned of Santa.
    Blaze 2012
    God have mercy.
    Last edited by Blaze; 12-20-2012, 10:49 AM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      Just because a thread veers off topic doesn't mean there's no hope, or that we're not on top of it...
      Well then, now I feel better....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Twin sister of girl slain in shooting writes a letter to the President:

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestof tv/2012/12/19/ac-ct-shooting-change-after-newtown.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=bestof tv/2012/12/19/ac-ct-shooting-change-after-newtown.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

Yahoo.com

Comment

• Attached Files
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• I think it's rather amusing that the types that go psychotic aren't the typical gun nuts you'd think. The stars and bar types, with pickup trucks, etc.

Granted, the "Turner Diary" reading morons of the 90's were a thing, but again, the type of guy who's drinking a beer at the end of the bar who put a nickel in for a Toby Keith song isn't that type of guy generally.

It's always some weird looking kid with devil eyes now. Some kid who has issues with his parents, and said parents are generally don't even take time to talk to him and see what's up.

And agreed, the mother of the victim is just as much to blame here. Why would you buy a gun for a kid who is mentally ill? It's kind of like putting matches next to a vat of gasoline, it can really only end badly.

Bottom line, I don't want to punish someone who is responsible with their guns. That's clearly what needs to be addressed here.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Unchainme View Post
              I think it's rather amusing that the types that go psychotic aren't the typical gun nuts you'd think.
              Exactly. But when a tragedy like this occurs all gun owners get lumped in with the militia-prepper-nuts.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• If everyone who owned a gun bought it from a legally licensed dealer and passed a background check, then how would that be a negative impact on anyone who is legally qualified to own a gun?

If you can't wait for the background check, then maybe you need to look at the reasons why you need a gun so damn badly, because odds are you were probably going to do something dumb with it, and those few days to cool off might actually save your life.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                  If everyone who owned a gun bought it from a legally licensed dealer and passed a background check, then how would that be a negative impact on anyone who is legally qualified to own a gun?
                  It doesn't. I had to obtain a permit for the handguns I've bought. And I don't think it would be too much of a burden to require first time purchasers to complete some sort of basic gun safety/handling course.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

If everyone who owned a gun bought it from a legally licensed dealer and passed a background check, then how would that be a negative impact on anyone who is legally qualified to own a gun?

If you can't wait for the background check, then maybe you need to look at the reasons why you need a gun so damn badly, because odds are you were probably going to do something dumb with it, and those few days to cool off might actually save your life.
                    I don't see a problem with this.

My problem is punishing the people who went and did things the right way, but could possibly be punished by owning a gun. All because some dipshits with mental problems made them seem irresponsible.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• I don't think anybody wants to take any guns away from sane law abiding adults. I know I damn well don't.

I do agree with the permit/license and training thing though. If it's required to drive a car - which isn't designed to kill somebody - then it certainly should be for a gun, which is.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

I don't think anybody wants to take any guns away from sane law abiding adults.
                        Hahahahaha...

He got jokes...

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          Says me.
                          Which, let's face it, isn't saying much at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
                            Pull your fucking head out of your ass, idiot...
                            Keep your eyes wide shut...

Comment

• most people drown in summer. much more ice-cream is consumed in summer.

a statistical link can easily be made correlating ice-cream consumption and drowning.

the availability of guns is the problem!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                                Look at him FFS he's like the bad guy from any Twisted Sister video.

His entry in The Encyclopedia of American Loons
                                You shot the messenger instead of the message. Now dispute the message.
                                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...
                                X