Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by warf View Post
    okay my roth army soldiers... What do you think of the song based on a minute thirty???
    The most overused ajective in the English language, AWESOME!
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by WARF View Post
      Okay my Roth Army soldiers... what do you think of the song based on a minute thirty???
      I think a lot of us have been basin' it on 4:43
      Eat Us and Smile!
      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• Oh shit... it's up!!!!

Comment

• on the other side of the world it is!
          Eat Us and Smile!
          Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

Okay my Roth Army soldiers... what do you think of the song based on a minute thirty???
            I hate to say it, but if it hadn't been for 28 years since a VH album this song would never have made the grade. I haven't heard the whole thing yet, but the sample isn't very impressive.

But, the first single is never the best song....so I am hopeful for the rest of the album.

Comment

Oh shit... it's up!!!!
              Well try the muff thread then...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                Well try the muff thread then...
                I thought mezro deleted it!

Comment

• The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

What do you guys think now that you heard the whole song??

Comment

• I said it previously, I hope the rest of the album is much better. It's under the microscope.

"I've listened to the full song many times now. It's a very cool tune. Kind of a slow burn with a big sound. The lyrics are very good. As I said before, a real catchy hook and chorus and a good EVH solo. But it's not quite stellar. We are all exited and caught up in the moment and that's great but the rest of the album has to be much better than this single or it's going to take a lot of flak. It's still better that anything since 1984,"
                    Last edited by lesfunk; 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM.
                    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• I am gonna listen to it several times more before I review it.

Keeping in mind... I have waited 28 years for it.

I am not expecting FAIR WARNING for this album...

But I don't want no CHINESE DEMOCRACY either...
                      Last edited by WARF; 01-09-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Of course Bro. I listened many times before I came up with my conclusion. My opinion may change as I digest it some more.

Comment

• Roth at his age wouldn't mind some Michael Anthony background vocal power to strengthen up his vocals...

Comment

• That is obviously going to be the case on the whole record. It's not going to have that classic VH backing blend

Comment

Well based on the 4:43 mins I bought from NZ today......takes 5 or 6 plays but it fucking rocks, period.

Has nods to the past....yet it's current. Keyboards are subtle but give a decent vibe and Al's drums are produced spectacularly good, Wolfie's doing what a VH bassist should do and more, Dave's vocals aren't as strained as say, MWM, lyrics are classic Dave......Ed's guitars reminds me of the good old days.....all in all a stellar production!

You know, eveyrthing I said 5 pages ago
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• I do kinda miss the old days: A World Premiere Video released on MTV at midnight. I wonder if Interscope, YOUTUBE, or any of the official sites have anything like that in mind.

So far only the sample in my head atm. Soon as I see the whole package I will start to digest. First thing that came to mind was the Hell Freezes Over stuff from the Eagles. Van Halen Should Not sound like the Eagles.

We will see.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...
                                X