The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR'sCock
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RUDE SADDLE
    I did they play the same fucking songs everyday.
    They played Tattoo a few times yesterday.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

CHOM 97.7 FM in Montreal can suck a dick - they promote themselves as "The Spirit of Rock", and haven't played "Tattoo" once since it was released yesterday.

Instead, they keep playing the same worn out Sam Roberts, April Wine, and Coldplay songs 10 times a day...cockmunchers.

Thank God for iTunes and YouTube
      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Mar 2009

Just heard it on the local station here in South Florida....Big 105.9 fm !

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by THEDOCTOR
          Just heard it on the local station here in South Florida....Big 105.9 fm !
          Christ, how many hours of Def Leppard, Styx and Skynyrd tunes (originally heard in the late seventies and eighties) did you have to sit through? Come to think of it, this actually constitutes a victory of sorts, considering that station's astoundingly narrow and limited playlist!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

The only thing that surprised me about this tune is how layered the instruments sound. On some level I was expecting a basic bass drums guitar plus overdubbed lead. Like the old albums. I wish there was a way to listen to it in pure analog too, since the tone of distorted guitar takes a beating. I don't get how anyone could hate the track though.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

All our local rock station did was mention that Sammy said the whole album was from the vault. LIKE IT MATTER WHAT SAMMY said! Just play the damned song.

Oh dear.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                All our local rock station did was mention that Sammy said the whole album was from the vault. LIKE IT MATTER WHAT SAMMY said! Just play the damned song.
                What a fucking joke!!! Shit talking fag!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

He's not on a level field of play musically so he has to compensate .

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

I think there is nothing Sammy would love more than to get into a media battle with Dave or Eddie. How better to boost his band's profile and popularity? Only the real hardcore diehards know Chickenfoot, and it has to be *killing* him that (the REAL) VH is getting this avalanche of publicity and his latest release will soon be totally obscured and forgotten.

Comment

• Halen High
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                      I think there is nothing Sammy would love more than to get into a media battle with Dave or Eddie. How better to boost his band's profile and popularity? Only the real hardcore diehards know Chickenfoot, and it has to be *killing* him that (the REAL) VH is getting this avalanche of publicity and his latest release will soon be totally obscured and forgotten.
                      Chickenfoot has had no airplay in Australia. To this day, I haven't heard one track from either of their albums on mainstream rock radio. Tattoo is not only getting played, but our most popular station, TripleM, actualy played the 30 second sample on Monday and the DJs then discussed the song, the band, even Cafe Wha for about 10 minutes. So just a sample of Tattoo has generated more airplay in Australia than Chickenfoot's entire two albums of material.

There's no doubt this is burning Sammy. He knew the VH album would be strong and that's why he was making so many negative comments over the last 12 months.

Comment

• INeedYou
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2012

WTUE in Dayton played it this morning, about 25 minutes after Bob and Tom signed off. They backed it up with Dance The Night Away, after mentioning the tour starting down the road in Louisville... Very Cool!
                        No light at the end of the tunnel, due to budget constraints...

Comment

• franksters
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                          CHOM 97.7 FM in Montreal can suck a dick - they promote themselves as "The Spirit of Rock", and haven't played "Tattoo" once since it was released yesterday.

Instead, they keep playing the same worn out Sam Roberts, April Wine, and Coldplay songs 10 times a day...cockmunchers.

Thank God for iTunes and YouTube
                          3rd time I hear it so far.. It'll come don't worry! The big train is coming to town ///
                          SUMMER'S JUST
                          AROUND
                          THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Halen High
                            Chickenfoot has had no airplay in Australia. To this day, I haven't heard one track from either of their albums on mainstream rock radio. Tattoo is not only getting played, but our most popular station, TripleM, actualy played the 30 second sample on Monday and the DJs then discussed the song, the band, even Cafe Wha for about 10 minutes. So just a sample of Tattoo has generated more airplay in Australia than Chickenfoot's entire two albums of material.

There's no doubt this is burning Sammy. He knew the VH album would be strong and that's why he was making so many negative comments over the last 12 months.
                            I would not know of Chickenfoot if not for this place, VHND, Links. But Van Halen? Everyone has at least heard of them.

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                              They played Tattoo a few times yesterday.
                              Ok glad to hear. Must have missed it.
                              ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                              ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                              - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• franksters
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

=VH= will save the world in 2012 ///
                                SUMMER'S JUST
                                AROUND
                                THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                                http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

Working...