• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

NFL 2012 Free Agency/Preseason Thread

7.5 hours... tick, tick, tick...

Manning is really throwing a wrench into this... where's Matt Flynn going to wind up?
    Would have thought Miami was the most obvious destination.

Is Mario Williams worth the risk of a big contract after tearing his bicep last season.

Will the Eagles get silly again... or maybe they'll just chill?

Just read at PFT that BenJarvus Green-Ellis is going to hit the market.

Niners do a deal with Moss... who's gonna go after Vincent Jackson?
    Saints are trying to keep Colston.

Love this time of year... even more so after last years lock-out.
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

My big prediction....my Browns will make a big free agent splash today by signing...

...nobody.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Bob_R
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The Jets extended Mark Sanchez' contract to run thru 2016. That means no Super Bowl for 5 more years.
      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bob_R
        The Jets extended Mark Sanchez' contract to run thru 2016. That means no Super Bowl for 5 more years.
        lol. I read something earlier that said Peyton was talking with Denver.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Sanchez is bangin' Kate Upton.....gotta give him that at least. I think he just threw another interception in the time it took for me to type this. Why doesn't Peyton have any interest in San Fran? Peyton is great, don't get me wrong....but 9-10 career playoff record. 5 times...one and done in the playoffs. I'm glad my team has the "other" Manning.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
            Sanchez is bangin' Kate Upton.....gotta give him that at least. I think he just threw another interception in the time it took for me to type this. Why doesn't Peyton have any interest in San Fran?
            San Fran will roll with Smith... Harbaugh does not want Manning coming in and disrupting what he built last year... that being said, the Moss signing is a bit of a surprise.

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Sometimes I wish the Jets would have drafted Freeman instead of Sanchez.

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                lol. I read something earlier that said Peyton was talking with Denver.
                Already did. Then Arizona. Miami and Tennessee are next. I understand that if Houston jumps in they would have the inside track.
                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Already did. Then Arizona. Miami and Tennessee are next. I understand that if Houston jumps in they would have the inside track.
                  Heard on the radio at lunch that Houston doesn't want him.
                  I'm betting either Denver or Arizona... both have head coaches that will allow Peyton to run his offense.

I also heard that Seattle is gunning for Matt Flynn and Mario Williams... with Chicago being the most likely landing spot for Williams.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                    I'm betting either Denver or Arizona... both have head coaches that will allow Peyton to run his offense.

I also heard that Seattle is gunning for Matt Flynn and Mario Williams... with Chicago being the most likely landing spot for Williams.
                    I bet Elway is slobbering all over his ignorant mug at the thought of having Peyton. I hate John Elway.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Apparently, the Miami meeting went poorly. Owner Steve Ross didn't even bother attending, which pretty much gave the kiss-of-death to any sort of deal. After a weekend of wining and dining with Arizona and Denver, the set up was more or less like a brief hangover breakfast at Denny's.

Then again, I really didn't see Manning as the cure-all for getting this team anywhere near the play offs, let alone the Super Bowl. Christ, I gave up on that pipe dream decades ago. One well placed shot to the neck and we are once again using a back up QB nobody has ever heard of, which has more or less been the Dolphins' plan of attack since Dan Marino retired.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Take a WR off the list... Marques Colston has re-upped with the Saints.

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                          Thanks for the update. Hadn't heard that Houston dropped out.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Arizona might be a good fit for Peyton. They didn't play bad football second half of last season.....he may be able to sling the ball around a little bit with that team. I hear what your saying about San Fran and Harbaugh.....especially since Harbaugh is an ex- QB and doesn't seem to share the same philosophy as Peyton when it comes to playing the position. I think Harbaugh has a bit of an ego too and whatever team grabs Peyton will have to cater to his offensive style.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Thanks for the update. Hadn't heard that Houston dropped out.
                              It is odd though, since the Texans just got rid of Matt Leinart.

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                              Arizona might be a good fit for Peyton. They didn't play bad football second half of last season.....he may be able to sling the ball around a little bit with that team. I hear what your saying about San Fran and Harbaugh.....especially since Harbaugh is an ex- QB and doesn't seem to share the same philosophy as Peyton when it comes to playing the position. I think Harbaugh has a bit of an ego too and whatever team grabs Peyton will have to cater to his offensive style.
                              It will also be interesting to see how Arizona figures in against the salary cap, which at this point puts them dead last in the league for spending ability. LINK

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...