Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Looks like Sharon needs a new wing built to her mansion - and she has the right tools to do it.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Satan
      I thought Priest was calling it quits, after the scab guitarist tour is over?

Might be like The Police where they tour for 2 years. Judas Priest still draws huge crowds on their own so as long as they can fill arenas & amphitheaters they should keep it going. Let everyone have a chance to see them one last time.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
        I thought Priest was calling it quits, after the scab guitarist tour is over?
        I think they've already backed off on the quitting thing... it turned into the 'no more world tours of this scale anymore farewell tour'. I think Tipton has even mentioned doing a new LP. I mean... what else are these guys gonna do? Open a golf course or something?

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Yeah, and I thought both The Who and KISS were going away after their so-called "farewell" tours in 1982 and 2000.
          I can remember Paul Stanley saying,"This is it. It's better to leave with people saying "why are you going?" than to have them say "why don't you go already?".

I think they just made so much money it was hard to hang it up. According to Gene they average a million dollars a show. I mean that's a lot of cow sperm or money bag hats.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            I think they've already backed off on the quitting thing... it turned into the 'no more world tours of this scale anymore farewell tour'. I think Tipton has even mentioned doing a new LP.
            A big enough 'roll eyes' smiley doesn't exist...

I wish Van Halen would do a farewell tour so that we would know that they were planing on working together for the next 10 years.

Comment

• kissfan1976
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2010

Black Sabbath To Hold Press Conference On 11/11/11

Black Sabbath are holding a press conference to make a “special announcement” on November 11, at 11:11 a.m., no less, in Los Angeles. It will be held at the Whisky A Go Go , where the band made its Los Angeles debut 41 years ago. All four original members—Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward—will be present and it will be hosted by Henry Rollins.
              Last edited by kissfan1976; 11-04-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by kissfan1976
                [IMG]//http://www.revolvermag.com/news/black-sabbath-post-teaser%e2%80%a6what-does-it-mean.html[/IMG]
                Black Sabbath To Hold Press Conference On 11/11/11

Black Sabbath are holding a press conference to make a “special announcement” on November 11, at 11:11 a.m., no less, in Los Angeles. It will be held at the Whisky A Go Go , where the band made its Los Angeles debut 41 years ago. All four original members—Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward—will be present and it will be hosted by Henry Rollins.
                Is this bullshit?

Where is this from?
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                  Is this bullshit?

Where is this from?
                  It is being reported at something called Noisecreep.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kissfan1976
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2010

REVOLVER MAG BLACK SABBATH NEWS BIT

Comment

• kissfan1976
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2010

The Original Sabs Are Back!!

BLACK SABBATH
                      REUNITES TO RECORD FIRST NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN 33 YEARS
                      AND LAUNCH MASSIVE WORLD TOUR IN 2012

OZZY OSBOURNE, TONY IOMMI, GEEZER BUTLER AND BILL WARD
                      UNVEIL PLANS ON 11/11/11
                      AT A LOS ANGELES PRESS CONFERENCE
                      AT THE WHISKY A GO-GO,
                      WHERE THE BAND PERFORMED THEIR FIRST LOS ANGELES DATE EXACTLY 41 YEARS AGO

After much speculation, the original four members of BLACK SABBATH--OZZY OSBOURNE (vocals), TONY IOMMI (guitar), GEEZER BUTLER (bass) and BILL WARD (drums)--have reunited to record their first new studio album in 33 years with producer Rick Rubin (seven-time Grammy winner, two of those as Producer of the Year) and to embark on a massive world tour in 2012.

OSBOURNE, IOMMI, BUTLER and WARD as well as Rubin all gathered today on 11/11/11 to announce the news at a Los Angeles press conference at the legendary club, the Whisky A Go-Go, the site of the groundbreaking and influential band’s first L.A. concert exactly 41 years ago (Nov 11, 1970). The event was hosted by the revered musical and spoken word artist Henry Rollins who has said that “Any band worth their weight in napalm wishes they had written ‘War Pigs.’”

Selling over 70 million albums together, the Grammy-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have signed a new record deal worldwide with Vertigo and Vertigo/ Universal Republic in the U.S., the band’s original label. BLACK SABBATH is now in the studio recording the as-yet-untitled new album for release in the fall of 2012 (exact date TBA). It will mark their ninth studio album together and their first since 1978’s Never Say Die!

Next summer, BLACK SABBATH will headline the mammoth multi-day UK Download Festival in the U.K. on June 10. The new album will then be supported with a worldwide headline arena tour (dates TBA).

BLACK SABBATH also announced today the launch of www.blacksabbath.com, the first-ever official BLACK SABBATH website for all authorized BLACK SABBATH news. In addition, the band’s online presence will also be supported by social media via Facebook and Twitter--again, marking the band’s first-ever foray into the social media world.

BLACK SABBATH released their self-titled debut album in 1970. “Black Sabbath is credited with creating heavy metal,” according to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “The success of their first two albums--Black Sabbath and Paranoid--marked a paradigm shift in the world of rock. Not until Black Sabbath upended the music scene did the term ‘heavy metal’ enter the popular vocabulary to describe the denser, more thunderous offshoot of rock over which they presided.” The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame also noted, “…they remain one of the most misunderstood bands in rock history,” adding: “The band’s musicality was generally overlooked, but they possessed an inventiveness and fluency that, in hindsight, makes them seem as much of a progressive-rock band as a heavy-metal one.”

In 1998, BLACK SABBATH released Reunion from their 1997 concerts in Birmingham, England, a two-CD live set that featured two new studio songs. The band has also sporadically reunited for shows in 1999, 2002 and 2004; in 2005, the four performed concerts together when they toured Europe and then headlined the 10th anniversary of Osbourne’s namesake festival OZZfest. Also in 2005, they were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame by Brian May of Queen. This was followed by their induction in 2006 into the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed on them by Metallica’s James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich.

Comment

• VHscraps
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2009

Black Sabbath, the Men in Black ... in a black room. Say no more.
                        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Now THAT'S what a legitimate 'reunion' is supposed to look like!!!

Geezer isn't replaced by Tony's kid or anything stupid like that......I'm fuckin' jealous.

I plan on catching every single show that comes my way.

Kickass!!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif

Geezer isn't replaced by Tony's kid or anything stupid like that......I'm fuckin' jealous.

Kickass!!

Yea you only wonder why VH cannot get rolling like back in the day.... Wonder if BS and VH will be taking another picture together on tour....although Dave is probably the only one that can still get down on a knee and stand back up under his own power these days.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 11-11-2011, 07:12 PM.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif

Kickass!!
                              Yeah, but then Geezer was never the weakest link in Sabbath, Bill Ward was.

Great drummer, but how many times has his health taken him out of the mix? Let's hope he actually makes it to the tour, but my cynical side tells me they already have Vinny Appice on standby. Or (Satan help us all) Jack Osbourne.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

They're headlining Donnington one day next year; Metallica are headlining another day (and playing all of the Blaclk Album). That's something I need to see.

Does my life need another dissapointing 'reunion' album though? I think not.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...