X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    One imagines at this point that Sharon's got Blasko waiting in the wings should Geezer Butler speak out of turn, too...
    Oh, I wouldn't put it past her at all...but I kinda think at that point even Tony would say "Enough's enough"...

Of course, with Tony only playing one show, well, there's really no Black Sabbath without him, even if you had Ozzy, Geezer and Bill playing with X guitarist...Iommi is THE irreplaceable factor.

Sooner or later, I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.

I hope.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Kind of funny reading Geezer's statement, and the comment he made regarding the business aspects being handled by the representatives of the various band members...that Sabbath don't even discuss business amongst themselves (and certainly never in public).

Although I suppose I should know better, I guess I still labor under the illusion that rock bands (even successful ones) are more of a brotherhood than a business.

Even more odd how geezer stated that the rest of the band had no idea Ward was having problems with the financial proposals of the contract until Ward went public...essentially Ward never contacted any of the band members themselves to let them know such problems existed...

Far as Ronnie Dio and Black Sabbath, even though Ward played on the H&H album I have always associated that Sabbath lineup with Vinnie. Matter of fact, when Ronnie, Tony and Geezer got back together it felt only natural to me that Vinnie was also there. For Ward to have been there actually WOULDN'T have felt right, and the gig I caught in 2007 (a fucking SPECTACULAR show) didn't find me wishing that Ward was there for one moment...or that I was seeing Ozzy and Ward there instead of Ronnie and Vinnie, to be truthful.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

I had the thought that it was possible lawyers were the ones fucking all this up. Still would not doubt they had a big hand in it.

And the somethig Bob did not mention....you know, Bill DID have a heart attack some years back.....and insurance companies who underwrite tours or shows by A-list bands are going to be insistent on the show going on.....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

From last night's show....

Black Sabbath's Birmingham Setlist:

Into The Void
          Under The Sun
          Snowblind
          War Pigs
          Wheels of Confusion
          Electric Funeral
          Black Sabbath
          The Wizard
          Behind The Wall of Sleep
          NIB
          Fairies Wear Boots
          Tomorrow’s Dream
          Sweet Leaf
          Symptom of The Universe/Drum Solo
          Iron Man
          Dirty Women
          Children of The Grave
          ENCORE:
          Sabbath Bloody Sabbath/Paranoid

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I'd like Ward to be there, but I'm still psyched for Donnington baby!
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• VimFuego
              Groupie
              • May 2012

Apparently there were loads of ''where's the fucking drummer?'' chants, last night.
              I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was 22. I think that says quite a lot.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

ha ha ha ha
                Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Vinny Appice (multiple times), Bev Bevan (twice), Eric Singer, Cozy Powell (twice), Bobby Rondinelli (twice), Mike Bordin, Shannon Larkin and now Tommy Clufetos have all been Black Sabbath drummers. Where's the drummer? Behind the drum kit. Bill's going to come to realize that he needs Sabbath more than Sabbath needs him, sad to say. Frankly, just being honest, he's the one causing problems, as is usual for him and pretty much par for the course. Of all the guys who have passed through Black Sabbath's doors over the years, nobody has ever been more of a liability and more of a hassle than Bill Ward, and is it Sabbath that makes him that way? No, it's Bill Ward who makes him that way.

I'll tell you this though - if we get the worst possible news about Tony Iommi (and God damn it all, we'd BETTER NOT), and this whole thing falls apart without a chance for me to ever see the original Black Sabbath lineup play, I will hate Bill Ward for the rest of my natural life. There will be nobody to blame but him as far as I'm concerned.

It just really pisses me off that Bill's taken to the internet to try and use it for public sympathy AGAINST Sabbath. That's just seriously, seriously low imo, especially with what Tony's battling.

I love him as the original Black Sabbath drummer, respect and admire him and wish him the best in all his life...but FUCK that piece of shit.

Seriously. Gah!
                  Last edited by bueno bob; 05-21-2012, 12:21 AM.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by binnie
                    That's weird - whenever I've seen Bordin I've always been very impressed...........
                    What do I know.....I always pay extra attention to the drumming being a drummer myself, maybe the dude just had an off night. I will never forget hearing and thinking wow, he seems like he is really slowing down the music. My pops also noticed it, he was at the show with me. A few minutes later we both noticed Zakk turn and give him a look a few times almost telling him to pick up the pace. The guy could have been sick, his monitors could have been crapping out, he's the professional, not me....i'm sure there was a reason for it.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Bill Ward or no Bill Ward, the setlist looked kick ass......opening with Into The Void?...ZLord of this world?....Tomorrow's dream?.....Love it.....I'm sorry but Ozzy fuckin rules.....when Sharon doesn't over book the guy, he still kicks ass live.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

BILL WARD is a brilliant drummer....his drumming on those early SABBATH records are a HUGE part of that sound....the later "radio friendly" Sabbath could have ANYBODY playing the drums...and usually did...............

It's low on the Sab's part to keep fucking BILL on money.......CLASSLESS

Sharon's legacy lives on......maybe they'll rerecord the original Sab records with a different drummer.........

Fuck 'em

Of course...I did see them in 1999 with PANTERA & the DEFTONES.....so I have my Original SABBATH fix taken care of!!!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Bill Ward is/was a brilliant drummer. I would love nothing more than to see them playing with him like they should be. That being said, he wasn't the same Bill Ward on the Sab reunion as far as playing alot of his Jazzy fills....he played the tunes pretty much straightforward. I'm not comparing Peter Criss to Bill Ward, but wasn't the same on the Kiss reunion tours either....no jazzy fills, just straightforward drumming. That's one of the reasons I'm not too high on Clufetos as a replacement....he's not coming from the jazzy, bluesy improv style of drumming that Ward comes from.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Isaw KISS at TGER STADIUM in 1996...............

it was like seeing the BEATLES at Shea stadium.................

NOTHING beats the original lineup of ANY band..........................................

a shame....& un-called for............................................... .................................................

I'll go watch Gov't Mule play WAR PIGS instead!!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6g68qtk-ZLU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6g68qtk-ZLU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Comment

• fourthcoming

I had a boot of that Tiger Stadium show before the Kissology came out......great stuff....1996 at MSG here.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                                I'm sure there are things that sound just as fucking gay as "Ozzy & Friends", but right now I can't think of any.....
                                somewhere Popeye is really angry.

Comment

Working...