Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Agreed... I find it difficult to even consider Matt Bruck being anything but an enabler... not to mention being so damned ugly he should wear a cow-bell to warn children and small animals when he's approaching...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Much as I'm pleased that we're getting some press from Ed, I just don't believe a word he says anymore.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Agreed... I find it difficult to even consider Matt Bruck being anything but an enabler... not to mention being so damned ugly he should wear a cow-bell to warn children and small animals when he's approaching...
        My friend, you hit my nail on the head.

Comment

• NIN1211
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          My friend, you hit my nail on the head.

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Might be referring to managers and producers, and the like, who were taking sides at the time if the original split. Ted siding with Dave, Donn Landee with Ed. The reason I say that is that he mentioned just prior to that the productive relationship with Dave, and making this album is really ghe first time they have worked together at any length in the studio and produced results since '83.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Well well well....

Everybody finally grew up and realized that there's only one true combination for Van Halen.

So good to hear this. Hopefully this really means something for the future and isn't just lip service in the passion of the moment generated by a successful tour.
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by NIN1211
                Hah that's one of mine from ages ago.

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  Much as I'm pleased that we're getting some press from Ed, I just don't believe a word he says anymore.

I agree 100% --- I've been force-fed too much of the EVH Kool-Aid for the past 20 years to think otherwise.

Ray Danniels was a douchey manager, and Spamborita and Cherone were never in it for the long haul. Dave was 100% ready for all this stuff back in 1996 ---- just listen to his interview on Howard Stern right after the MTV Awards implosion ---- he said all that needed to happen was Eddie to get sober and get his hip fixed and then it's 3-2-1 ignition and lift-off.

Ed and Alex shoulda pulled their heads outta they asses back in '96 and realized that working with Dave on a purely professional level (like they do now) was the key to the grand prize. Plenty of egomaniac rock stars hate each other but can tolerate each other for a couple hours onstage every other night. Everybody can travel in separate buses and hotel rooms. Money is rolling in by the truckload. It's a win-win for everyone involved.

The wasted years of 1996-2007 are purely Ed and Al's fault.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by NIN1211

Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

can you guys imagine what it was like in the control room during the making of adkot?

even the rough mixes would've sounded amazing. fuck the haters, and the wolf deniers.

no wonder those nobodies kept twittering how good it was. remember that?

it was. and it is. and why shouldn't they keep it going? if everyone's happy and healthy and having a good $payday, fuck it.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        can you guys imagine what it was like in the control room during the making of adkot?

even the rough mixes would've sounded amazing. fuck the haters, and the wolf deniers.

no wonder those nobodies kept twittering how good it was. remember that?

it was. and it is. and why shouldn't they keep it going? if everyone's happy and healthy and having a good $payday, fuck it.
                        In GW, Ed says there was a more out there version of Honeybabysweetiedoll. Could you imagine? We'll always be left wondering what other goodies are in that damn vault! I like the legacy concept. This band sorely needs to do that. Take our money! It's right here in our wallets! Take it! Just release the shit already!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

What are the chances of a new album prior to the Japan radiation tour are...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            What are the chances of a new album prior to the Japan radiation tour are...
                            I'd say lower than a snake's belly in a tire rut...

VH just doesn't have the ability to move "that" quick... Plus the old farts need to recover from that massively aggressive tour schedule they got roped into and had to cancel/postpone. I think they'll be damn lucky to have caught their breath by Novemeber for the Japan tour... :rolleyes
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

How long did it take you to figure that out ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

I think I saw that old lady...

Comment

Working...