Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loucap81
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2012

But when the full cycle is complete, Eddie believes they’ll get to work on another album. “That’s what I hope to do,” he says. “I’m pretty sure that’s what our intention is.”
    By far, the thing I care about most. Ed was in a total creative lull for the past decade, evidenced by the lifeless crap he released with Hagar in 2004. Clearly when we saw what kind of shape he was in that year, it's amazing he was even able to stand up. Now that he's sober, now that Wolf is an adult and can push him to make new music and just keep going with this, I'm hopeful we can see a creative rush for the next five years. I love going to the shows as much as anyone, but the shows and the excitement of seeing them live is fleeting; the albums are what last forever. I'm hoping they don't waste any time and get a new album out in early 2014.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

And yes...

The snooze desk SUCKS !!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by loucap81
        ...but the shows and the excitement of seeing them live is fleeting; the albums are what last forever.
        I've always felt this way. Just like what the AV geeks in the movie 3 O'clock High who wanted to film the after school fight said, "pain is only temporary, film is forever."

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by loucap81
          By far, the thing I care about most. Ed was in a total creative lull for the past decade, evidenced by the lifeless crap he released with Hagar in 2004. Clearly when we saw what kind of shape he was in that year, it's amazing he was even able to stand up. Now that he's sober, now that Wolf is an adult and can push him to make new music and just keep going with this, I'm hopeful we can see a creative rush for the next five years. I love going to the shows as much as anyone, but the shows and the excitement of seeing them live is fleeting; the albums are what last forever. I'm hoping they don't waste any time and get a new album out in early 2014.
          That's exactly how I feel...

They need to jump in the studio now and throw the rest of those 35 - 40 songs on a disc before they hit the road again...

Ed already said he didn't like the sound of the album (and I agree) and none of the singles took off...

The timing would be perfect for Van Halen to return to New Orleans for the Super Bowl with a bonafide hit off the next album...

Ok, I'm dreaming...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS

...Ed already said he didn't like the sound of the album (and I agree)...
            I thought he said he didn't like the way the guitar and bass recording sounded at Henson and they all agreed to redo those parts at 5150. I would imagine he was happy with that result.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

"...got rid of people that don't belong here...." and "..it was the people around us..."

I immediately thought of Val.

Her telling a daily intoxicated Ed in 1985 that he doesn't need Dave and that all he does is make him miserable.

Yes, although Val is still Wolf's mom - she of course has no influence on Eddie anymore.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I thought he said he didn't like the way the guitar and bass recording sounded at Henson and they all agreed to redo those parts at 5150. I would imagine he was happy with that result.
                He said the demos they recorded sounded better than the album...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He said the demos they recorded sounded better than the album...
                  Damn. We'll take the demos then. All of them!

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

I'm satisfied with ADKOT. Another classic VH album and tour at this point would just be icing and cake on top of the last icing and cake. Win win indeed!
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• So this is love
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Eddie is enthousiatic about current lineup like Ed has a choice??????!!, I mean he likes $, he's 57 and Spammy isn't an option by any mean...Can anybody explain why Dave had as requirement to have his hotel room as far as possible from the other three fellows in the 07-08 tour...Please clarify this for me...I know its in the other thread but I'm on vacation, its hot, I'm drinking my beer and I'm too lazy to post it anywhere else...
                      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

He didn't want anyone to see the ________ entering his room...

Fill in the blank...

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Fill in the blank...

E we don't really know what you imply by that.....we are all ...a little stupid... can you help us please filling the blank?
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

dupe...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Fill in the blank...

this one is easy "five chicks in school uniforms and charly sheen loaded as a gun"
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• SunisinuS
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by So this is love
                                ...Please clarify this for me...I know its in the other thread but I'm on vacation, its hot, I'm drinking my beer and I'm too lazy to post it anywhere else...
                                In Four Days it will All go Clear:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 06-30-2012, 02:36 AM. Reason: Enjoy your Vaca STIL!
                                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...