Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Sabbath and Van Halen are scrabbling around trying to get money to keep them in luxury for the next 20 years.
    That's why Sharon O got her TV gigs...even she knows Ozzy can't sustain her lifestyle.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers on this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

What were Sabbath's tour numbers on the 13 tour?
      I don't know... but I have a feeling there's a large majority of casual VH fans who know little to nothing about this Live release and if they see a VH tour stop in their area they may just book a party night despite all the negativity on the net.

This is one area where the band's laziness in not maintaining any active presence on the net/social media or doing jack shit for the fans plays strongly in their favor...

I'll bet that if you polled people entering a venue for a VH show the last 7 years... 98% or more had never visited the Roth Army or VHLinks. Most never even heard of the VHND. All they might have seen or heard was a radio promotion or possibly an article in Rolling Stone which is more or less positive spin without the drama and bullshit.

While vocal and sharp at calling this crap we're probably 1% of the mix that might waste their money on a VH tour appearance and this Live & Remastered release...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        I don't know... but I have a feeling there's a large majority of casual VH fans who know little to nothing about this Live release and if they see a VH tour stop in their area they may just book a party night despite all the negativity on the net.

This is one area where the band's laziness in not maintaining any active presence on the net/social media or doing jack shit for the fans plays strongly in their favor...

I'll bet that if you polled people entering a venue for a VH show the last 7 years... 98% or more had never visited the Roth Army or VHLinks. Most never even heard of the VHND. All they might have seen or heard was a radio promotion or possibly an article in Rolling Stone which is more or less positive spin without the drama and bullshit.

While vocal and sharp at calling this crap we're probably 1% of the mix that might waste their money on a VH tour appearance and this Live & Remastered release...
        But they heard the ad for the show on the radio. Same place they'll hear that awful recording, IF the radio stations will even play it.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I doubt many radio stations will be playing much off the Tokyo Live record... they won't want to risk losing advertising revenue...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

First you like it now you don't...

Make up your mind...

Comment

• VetteLS5
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Those ampitheaters seat more than an arena....
              Actually, I think Jiffy Lube Live is a little under what the nearest arena (Verizon Center) holds. It's definitely bigger though than that shithole First Mariner in Baltimore. The main difference, I think, relates to something I posted way back when these first started to leak out:

Because of the way sheds are setup, it's tougher for the band to actually see how empty it might be once you get to lawn seats, and for that matter it's tougher for those in attendance too. However, it's glaringly obvious when portions of an arena are curtained off.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
                You're never gonna get the young crowd into sixty year old men...

And for good reason...
                And conversely, you definitely don't want to get the sixty year old men into the young crowd. That's just ewww.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  there is a lot of piss and vinegar in this thread and the bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Piss and Vinegar would have been a better name for the sinking ship live album...

Comment

• perrin29
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread something about an announcement around the 17th. Anything to that or more likely tour dates around the "Kimmel" show?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        First you like it now you don't...

Make up your mind...
                        What I like or don't like wasn't relevant to the discussion...

Aren't you about due to quit again..?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by perrin29
                          Someone mentioned earlier in the thread something about an announcement around the 17th. Anything to that or more likely tour dates around the "Kimmel" show?

Officially speaking, nobody knows shit....

Shit, even Kimmel is supposed to be hush-hush.... Someone had the Punks take down their Tweet about it, but I've had someone else tell me (unrelated to the Punks) about it as well....

That shit's happening on the 30th.... Just a coincidence that it's the night before the live album comes out, right?

It just makes sense, in the reverse psychology in the world of Van Halen, that they'll wait until somewhere around the Kimmel appearance and live album to announce the tour dates as well.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo

Aren't you about due to quit again..?
                            You sir, are a loser...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              Damn right.

Here's the thing: When Dave does something good, us Circle Jerkers get ripped for being super fans who get excited when Dave takes a shit. And that's fine with us. But nobody can say we don't call things like they are. Good, bad, shitty - we tell it like it is. And I have argued repeatedly about Dave's less-than-great-performances with idiots from one end of the world to the other here. And what did they say? "Oh, you can't judge a show based on youtube videos because you're not hearing it like it really is". Bullfuckingshit. And this new record proves me right. You take it right off the soundboard and it sounds even worse.
                              Fair enough, but where was this passion during the last tour? We all criticized the spotty performance...We all did.

You need to hear Panama off this release to understand how bad it was? Truth is, some are good, others bad in every show. Overall, Dave is lacking the last tour after a surprisingly good album.

Maybe that is the difference to be fair. There is no good offering on the horizon.

I just don't get the next step which is VH will draw 1/3 full houses and all that. Sorry but its going to be mostly full again...sorry to disappoint.

Perhaps they doesn't deserve it based on their lack of effort. I get that.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                Fair enough, but where was this passion during the last tour?
                                I ripped this band repeatedly during the last tour. And I praised Dave whenever he did well. That's the thing: he seems like he can pull it off when he wants to. And you would have thought that the Jaoanese shows would have been hands down his best performances since that's his new adopted country. But they pretty much sucked and this record will too. And unless he's put the work in on his voice this next tour that's supposedly gonna happen is gonna suck too. Maybe he should ask wolfie for his vocal coach's phone number.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...