Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Even this shit blows away that live bullshit...

That song could have been a lot better with Chris Cornell singing it instead of Ga y Cherone.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      You have all lost your minds in the great Roth army circle jerk. Sure Panama is really bad. Get over yourselves
      You need to get Ed and Al's cocks out of your ears, and Dave's out of your mouth.

If you think VH will average 11,000 tickets a night on the heels of this fucking GARBAGE album, then you are even more delusional than I thought.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        The screen shot from the Ak Chin Pavilion show in Phoenix said $150 for lower bowl + $22 fees = $172....

Lawn tickets weren't too bad.... $30 + $9 fees = $39.....
        Asking a couple to pay $350 to go to a gig is just plain wrong.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          Asking a couple to pay $350 to go to a gig is just plain wrong.

Not to mention $11 beers, $40 for a T-shirt, etc....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

You have all lost your minds in the great Roth army circle jerk.
            And we had you down as Monkey In The Middle for this week's jerk.

Sure Panama is really bad.
            Yeah, bad as in "Hello Mr. Romeo Delight. This is the doctor's office calling. Your test results came back positive."

Get over yourselves
            If we did then who the fuck would hang out here??
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If Eddie could work out a way to earn $150 per copy of a new original Van Halen album we would have one.

I think he resents that the album didn't make him money so that means it doesn't have value. This is wrong thinking, without new material a band dies on the vine you can only go back the well so many times. Someone needs to explain to him how the economics work now, you would think if no one else his boy could.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                You need to get Ed and Al's cocks out of your ears, and Dave's out of your mouth.

If you think VH will average 11,000 tickets a night on the heels of this fucking GARBAGE album, then you are even more delusional than I thought.
                According to 5 guys on this website in the doomsday circle jerk. I don't think anyone really cares or will know about the album. The lack of promotion is already part of the plan.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

If Mike is back, its up to 13k a night easy
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Not to mention $11 beers, $40 for a T-shirt, etc....
                    Well we'll see what happens but I would honestly think twice about paying that.

If it gets to that point then I do wonder who is going to be filling these arenas.

I once paid $1500 to go to a Van Halen show so I'm clearly a fucking idiot.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

According to 5 guys on this website in the doomsday circle jerk. I don't think anyone really cares or will know about the album. The lack of promotion is already part of the plan.
                      Well I was posting video from the show early in the morning. Literally a couple hours after they performed. And it sucked balls. So the rest of the record will pretty much be "ok" here and there and the rest will suck.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers on this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

What were Sabbath's tour numbers on the 13 tour?

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          If it gets to that point then I do wonder who is going to be filling these arenas.
                          11,000 tickets isn't selling out an arena here Sesh. Most are around 20,000. The Palace here is 24,000.

Their only hope is, to keep the dates to a minimum, and hope people will drive to regional shows. Even with gas down, I can't see it happening with those ticket prices.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers index this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.
                            Damn right.

Here's the thing: When Dave does something good, us Circle Jerkers get ripped for being super fans who get excited when Dave takes a shit. And that's fine with us. But nobody can say we don't call things like they are. Good, bad, shitty - we tell it like it is. And I have argued repeatedly about Dave's less-than-great-performances with idiots from one end of the world to the other here. And what did they say? "Oh, you can't judge a show based on youtube videos because you're not hearing it like it really is". Bullfuckingshit. And this new record proves me right. You take it right off the soundboard and it sounds even worse.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

My take on it is maybe a minority one here but here it is.

If there was a gig on the tour where Ed was on fire and Dave was singing at his best 2008 level and it had been brilliantly produced and in a great package if I'm honest I still don't think I would have listened to it that much.

Live albums? It's 2015 plus live albums from people who are almost at pension age?

When you go to see a band like Van Halen at this point it's a nostalgia experience, any live recording with a semblance of integrity is not going to stand up on a rainy Monday evening as you drive the kid to their piano lesson. You can kid yourself that they and you are the same as you were at both your peaks after 8 beers at a gig but not in the cold light of day.

All that said there is a lot of piss and vinegar in this thread and the bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers index this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

What were Sabbath's tour numbers on the 13 tour?
                                According to the Pollstar Year End Top 200 North American Tours, Black Sabbath did really well with a combined total of selling 293,783 in the 21 cities they played in. The sales for the band netted them a cool $19.7 million overall and landed them 56th on the list, which is awesome Congratulations

According to the Pollstar Year End Top 200 North American Tours, Black Sabbath did really well with a combined total of selling 293,783 in the 21 cities they played in. The sales for the band netted them a cool $19.7 million overall and landed them 56th on the list,
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...