X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Droomer5150
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by binnie
    I've never really listened to Toto. If you had to recommend one album as 'essential', which would it be?
    I'd say give Live in Poland a watch then if you dig it go back and check out the albums, there is ALOT of variety. Live in Poland is the "essential" album for me even though it's live haha. Incredible performance, some of the best musicians in music history all in one band on the same stage. It's great!
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Binnie, check out the new album when it's out. That should give you a good idea of the band's music.

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I've never really listened to Toto. If you had to recommend one album as 'essential', which would it be?
        Just one? Hydra.
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Michael Porcaro (1955-2015)

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• Nigel
              Roadie
              • Mar 2004

If anyone is interested, here is the full video of the masters of TOTO XIV creating their art!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The invisible one that you can't hear...

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

The tour is going to begin very soon. I can't wait to hear live renditions of China Town (lots of Steely Dan in that one, perfect) and Great Expectations.

Lukather announced there were gonna be lots of surprises setlist-wise.
                  Well, unlike Rush, they won't pull out alternate sets, but that's fine with me.
                  Bring on some obscure shit like Takin' It Back or Mr Friendly. Hell, even Let It Go, I'm all for it!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Toto is one of those bands, like Steely Dan, that I really only listen to when I'm relaxing by the pool having some beers on a Saturday evening. I own a couple of the bigger albums but really only bother putting on the greatest hits albums.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                      Toto is one of those bands, like Steely Dan, that I really only listen to when I'm relaxing by the pool having some beers on a Saturday evening. I own a couple of the bigger albums but really only bother putting on the greatest hits albums.
                      Toto is one of those corporate bands, like the other shit I listen to without embarrassment such as Steely Dan, that I really only listen to when I'm in my inflatable life vest by the kiddie pool having some Sunny D on a day when I should be looking for a job.

I like Toto

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Holy fuck was that lame.....
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

So no to your Valium refill?

Comment

• Nigel
                            Roadie
                            • Mar 2004

For us real TOTO fans, it will be interesting to check out the concert reviews and "surprises"
                            on the setlist beginning this Friday May 22. Can't wait to see them LIVE after the European Tour!!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nigel
                              For us real TOTO fans, it will be interesting to check out the concert reviews and "surprises"
                              on the setlist beginning this Friday May 22. Can't wait to see them LIVE after the European Tour!!
                              Toto has fans?

Comment

• Nigel
                                Roadie
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                                Toto has fans?
                                Indeedido, why there's Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and Scarecrow ("I think I'll miss you the most")
                                Miss Gulch/Wicked Witch of the West and The Wizard declined comment.

On a realistic note, they have over 1 million of them who like to hear 3 incredible vocalists and band play melodic rock
                                without blower rants, singing off key or wearing denim. . .

Comment

Working...